A video to prove Jim's claim that being a bass player isn't hard

If you didn't hear the Lunch (I think this was mentioned in the last lunch?) Jim was only kidding of course!
CretanBullJoshuaHeter

Comments

• I fumble my way through stringing together a few chords and this brat is absolutely shredding - while playing the G-damn bass with her toes at the same time!

Hatorian
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited October 3
    There is only one reason to play bass in a band, and that is because you are a happily married man and also know you can't avoid the temptations of groupies.
    akiDoubleA_RoncdriveJim
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Don’t make me come in here and musician slap the silly out of y’all. 
  • Freddy said:
    There is only one reason to play bass in a band, and that is because you are a happily married man and also know you can't avoid the temptations of groupies.
    I will neither confirm nor deny this...
  • Easily on the mount rushmore of Jim Jones Hot Takes,
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Ima drop these fine gents in hurr:

CretanBull
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Those aren't real bass players. That's why they violate the "bass players don't get laid by groupies" rule.
    1st guy looks cool on a leather couches and smokes cigarettes first. Plays bass second.
    2nd guy fucks his bass instead of playing it.
    3rd guy is a goddamn pyrotechnic!
    DoubleA_RonakicdriveCretanBull
  • cdrive said:
    Ima drop these fine gents in hurr:

If I made a list of my top 3 favourite bass players, that might be it.  Jamerson definitely #1...and if you don't like Thin Lizzy or Motorhead, you probably don't like me either!

cdrive
  • Some Lemmy bass trivia...the rickenbacker that he's most known for playing originally belonged Ian Anderson (of Jethro Tull).  Ian had bought the bass, was excited about playing, went to a Yes concert, saw Chris Squire play bass, got really discouraged because he knew that he'd never be that good, took his bass back to the music store and traded it in for a flute specifically because there weren't any famous rock flute players that would blow him away/discourage him from playing, Lemmy ended up going to the same shop and bought the used rickenbacker.

cdriveaki