American Horror Story: 1984 /// S9 E3 - Slashdance (Spoilers)

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
edited October 3 in Other TV
American Horror Story: 1984 /// S9 E3

Airdate: Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Written By: James Wong

Directed By: Mary Wigmore

Synopsis: "Imitation is the best form of tragedy. Coming clean can be pretty messy."

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Tonight's ep was all kinds of crazy!   
    And, the playlist is updated.

cdrivealina_mac
  • alina_macalina_mac Akron, Ohio
    Ryan Murphy should have added the 24 "beep boop beep boop" before and after every commercial break. Except for the flashbacks, this longest night ever going to play out in real time.

Going into to this episode, we already know there are three killers - a ridiculous amount of killers for one camp (Jingles, NightStalker, and probably Margaret)-
    and then Nurse Rita: WHAT! OMG 4 KILLERS!
    and then Montana: OMG 5 KILLERS!!!

Between Trevor saying "his machete is no match for my guns" and Ray's head flying off, this is my favorite season of AHS. They're hitting the exactly right tone for this show. 
    cdrive
  • I wonder if the twist will turn out to be that ALL of the characters are actually serial killers. I mean there has to be some kind of twist, and so far we've learned that neither Nurse Rita nor Montana are who we thought they were. The ratio of killers to victims is dwindling rapidly. What happens when they all turn out to be killers?

We already lost Ray, and it seems like there just aren't enough characters to sustain seven more episodes, especially if the entire season is going to take place during the course of one night. 
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited October 3
    alina_mac said:

Going into to this episode, we already know there are three killers - a ridiculous amount of killers for one camp (Jingles, NightStalker, and probably Margaret)-
    and then Nurse Rita: WHAT! OMG 4 KILLERS!
    and then Montana: OMG 5 KILLERS!!!

Between Trevor saying "his machete is no match for my guns" and Ray's head flying off, this is my favorite season of AHS. They're hitting the exactly right tone for this show. 

6 if you count Ray killing his frat pledge (and leaving Chet & Montana for dead kinda counts too)

and agreed, some excellent one-liners so far this season :)

One of my favorites so far was something along the lines of:
    "You go first, you're a world-class athlete"
    "I did the fucking pommel-horse"

alina_mac
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited October 3
    Montana is bad
    Nurse Rita is bad
    Chef Bertie is badass
    Ray we find out is bad even though he's dead now
    Director Margaret we're pretty sure is bad.
    Xavier I think was trying to be bad? Seemed like he was trying to give Trevor up to "Daddy" in his place.  He was coerced/entrapped and stalked down so it didn't seem like it would be a consensual exchange of Trevor to save himself.

Also this is pretty awesome.  I wonder if they got the name of the episode from this:

Oh! And 'also also'....is there something intentional about this "longest night ever" that's going on?  Are they caught in some sort of simulation?

redlanceralina_mac
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    “I can really use one of those ludes right now.” - Montana.

So good. 
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    This might be the fastest Murphy has gone from brilliant to garbage. I loved episode one, but everything after that has just been getting worse and worse. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. Everyone is shitty is the Murphiest of Murphy tropes.
    alina_mac
  • Hunkulese said:
    This might be the fastest Murphy has gone from brilliant to garbage. I loved episode one, but everything after that has just been getting worse and worse. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. Everyone is shitty is the Murphiest of Murphy tropes.

you might be pushing 'Brilliant' a little far on that description... :)

As a parody/not parody/inspired-by 80's horror I think they're nailing it. It's kinda garbage on purpose, which is arguably much harder than just being bad and I think is what's making it super fun to watch.

Michelle
  • Listened to the podcast, fun as always. 

Little bit of technical feedback: the recording levels seemed off for this one. Cecily's levels seemed way higher than ARons, to the point I had to change the volume a few times depending on who was speaking.

• What movies and shows can we expect on the Spooktacular??
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    What movies and shows can we expect on the Spooktacular??
    They said the first one will be Spring, Brightburn, and the original Halloween.