Expanse at New York Comic Con 2019

So on the podcast "The Churn" which is Syfy's own produced Expanse podcast they played the interviews with the cast from the New York Comic Con panel and in it Wes Chatham responds to a question regarding his character by saying.... "Well we’re on amazon prime now and you’re gonna see a lot more of Amos on this season than you have in the past" and while he was saying this he was chuckling the entire time.  This cast seems to be very close with each other and are joking around a ridiculous amount in every interview I've heard them with.  As disappointed as I am that it will be dropped all at once, I am looking forward to the show being able to be a little looser with the restrictions that network TV requires.
Elisa

Comments

• New trailer set to Kennedy speech is awesome. 

Elisa
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Gearing up to start the series (I know I should have watched sooner) and only see the podcast for season 3. Is this right?
  • edited October 2019
    Gearing up to start the series (I know I should have watched sooner) and only see the podcast for season 3. Is this right?
    I thought there was coverage from the first 2 seasons but I could be mistaken.  I'm seeing the same thing you are seeing though, maybe it was covered in Bald Move TV? 

EDIT: just did a quick google search and they at least did season 2 on Bald Move TV... https://baldmove.com/tv-podcast/the-expanse-season-2-wrap-up/
    Elisaken hale
  • edited October 2019
    Still a few months away from being able to watch Season 4 and today production started on Season 5.

Starting to get hyped for the return of The Expanse!

JaimieTken haleElisaEine Frau
  • Super-stoked to see how these next two books translate to screen - I think we are in for a treat.

My Sorta-Expanse-related Plea to my favorite Podcasters:
    I know in the State of the Union it was said there was a question-mark on to what extent BM will be able to cover the Expanse given the schedule, busy season and Amazon's drop-and-run release.   It sounded like ya'll operate on the constraint that if you can't hit it on opening / release weekend, then it reframes how you might cover it.

(partnering, partial coverage, etc)
    I wonder if the stats can bear out the importance of a day-one adoption of a show versus the fall-off 1,2,3 months out 
    "Good things take time", right? 
    I mean, we don't like it but we still wait 6-9-12 months between Dan Carlin episodes.
    Instead of ya'll killing yourselves to squeeze in something during the impossible schedule - why not wait and delight us with your enthusiastic, fresh-faced and refreshed takes on Expanse in mid-January?
    To me, I feel like there is an opportunity this year to be "The Podcast" for The Expanse, in the same way ya'll were The Podcast for many of us, for Game of Thrones.     Existing Expanse fans won't have the Syfy companion-cast this year and ya'll are perfect to pick up that void, especially considering your back-coverage.     
    To me, the draw to Bald Move has always been your chemistry, sharp wit, clever takes & the genuine fun you are having covering things you love and has little or nothing to do with release schedule.   Each podcast is a gift and I'm thankful when they drop. 

I hope you guys (and gals!) find a way to enjoy the holidays and share your enjoyment of the Expanse with us... in a .. work-life balanced way.  
    I often have to remind myself at work - "Don't rush it, the calendar isn't my boss. Ultimately - my own expectations for quality deliverables is the driver."   For you guys, the quality is often a lambda-calculus result of how much fun you are having enjoying (or even dunking on) a given pop culture experience.  Fuck the calendar, you do your thing, when you want and on your own terms.   ;)

If that means we don't get Expanse coverage.  We'll live.   
    If that means we do get Expanse coverage.  We'll live.  

either way, keep it up - have fun and thanks for hours of entertainment!

ElisaEine Frau
  • visi0n said:
      Existing Expanse fans won't have the Syfy companion-cast this year and ya'll are perfect to pick up that void, especially considering your back-coverage.     

I believe the official "Churn" podcast is continuing with a new host - Ana Marie Cox - who has written about the show and does have podcast experience (she has a show on the Crooked Media network). Of course BM will always be my go-to but I am glad the official cast is coming back since it gives access to the creatives and actors involved in the show.
  • MrX said:
    visi0n said:
      Existing Expanse fans won't have the Syfy companion-cast this year and ya'll are perfect to pick up that void, especially considering your back-coverage.     

I believe the official "Churn" podcast is continuing with a new host - Ana Marie Cox - who has written about the show and does have podcast experience (she has a show on the Crooked Media network). Of course BM will always be my go-to but I am glad the official cast is coming back since it gives access to the creatives and actors involved in the show.
    The Churn going to still have access to the cast? I thought that was a SyFy podcast so I thought they would lose access. 

I hope some podcast has access to the cast every week. They are a really good interview. Funny, forthcoming and seem to be a tight knit group.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited October 2019
    CapeGabe said:
    MrX said:
    visi0n said:

The Churn going to still have access to the cast? I thought that was a SyFy podcast so I thought they would lose access. 

I hope some podcast has access to the cast every week. They are a really good interview. Funny, forthcoming and seem to be a tight knit group.

They recently posted a short interview/panel with the cast at NY Comic Con to the feed so seems like they still have a connection:

https://art19.com/shows/the-expanse/episodes/238f8052-5772-463c-bf26-433840dae47b
    CapeGabevisi0nawookiee
  • That's great news. The Churn was a favorite of mine  for Expanse coverage.
  • edited October 2019
    Glad to hear there will be an officially-official podcast.   Co-opting the feed and Calling it The Churn but having a completely new production, isn't the same as continuing the old podcast, though.  Who knows, Churn 2.0 might be better than the SyFy folks but it is a fresh-slate.  I did appreciate the sense of family the cast and crew show for one another.

I still think there is longer term opportunity for Jim & Aaron & Cecily in having unbroken full coverage of The Expanse so I hope they find a way!   It's going to be a helluva season..
    Elisa