This Is Us Season 4

Thoughts on season 4 so far?

Overall, enjoying it, including how they're introducing new characters.  Malik's storyline with Randall and Deja should be interesting going forward, especially since Malik is very upfront about his situation.  I'm not really sure there is that much material for Kate and Toby as it's going to get old if every week it's "baby Jack is blind, how are we dealing with this".  Kevin could be interesting depending on where he goes from here.  Do we think he's ultimately going to get romantically tied with Cassidy?  Or do they just remain friends?

One small thing is still the income problem for Randall and his family.  I'm not sure Randall is making that much from being a city councilman and his wife's business hasn't picked up yet so how exactly are they still living so comfortably and not worrying about money?  Seems like they are still living in tvland about this, which is fine, just a nitpick.

Michelle

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Randall and Beth downsized their home when they moved to Philly, so I'm sure that reduced their mortgage payment (or they might be renting).  I'm sure they had a nice amount of savings set aside as well.  

I'm really into both the 'baby Jack' and the 'Kate's weight struggles' storylines, especially seeing in the S3 finale that Kate & Toby aren't together in the future.  Did they divorce?  Did something dire happen?  She's understandably unhappy and stressed out all the way around right now - but she's been pretty selfish for quite some time and always needs to apologize to those who she takes it out on, and too many times that's been Toby.  He has issues of his own and now that he's been trying to better his health for his son, she's bitter about it?  I wonder if that's a factor in whatever separates them in the future.

Kevin is seriously continuing to impress me.  Once he decided to get sober and pursue finding/helping Nicky, he's matured by leaps and bounds.  He might be my favorite character now.  I *love* his relationship with his uncle.  He'd do anything for his family and is, in my opinion, the least selfish Pearson next to Jack.  In fact, as I type this, I'm realizing the similarities between the two - both alcoholic, both grew up with alcoholic fathers, both decided to get sober, both putting family as #1 in their lives.  I think Kevin is trying to be the man that Jack would have wanted/hoped for him to be and I'm here for it all.  Also, I think Cassidy is the mother of Kevin's son in that flash forward.
  • Michelle said:
    Randall and Beth downsized their home when they moved to Philly, so I'm sure that reduced their mortgage payment (or they might be renting).  I'm sure they had a nice amount of savings set aside as well.  

Also, I think Cassidy is the mother of Kevin's son in that flash forward.

Yeah, but it's been awhile since either had a job, so income should be tight.  And where they're living now, it didn't look like it was cheap by any means.  Just saying, I think there are some creative liberties going on with their finances.

And yes, I am speculating the same for the time being.  Hence why I mentioned if we think Kevin and Cassidy are going to be romantically involved with each other.

Michelle
  • I really have no caring for Kate and Toby's storyline at the moment.  If this season is all about them figuring out how to raise their baby, I'm not sure that I find it interesting.  And I currently have a 19 month year old, so it's not like I can't relate to them to an extent.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I totally forgot about this thread.
    funny because for me it’s the Kevin, Nick, what’s her name storyline that bores me. Three sad people who are Exactly the same sad people every week. When I see the two or three of them onscreen it’s my signal to get up and refill my wine. So...I guess it’s not all bad  ;)