American Horror Story: 1984 /// S9 E6 - Episode 100 (Spoilers)

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
edited October 2019 in American Horror Story
American Horror Story: 1984 /// S9 E6 - Episode 100 (Spoilers)

With the horrors of the night behind them the survivors deal with the fallout of their choices.

Director:  Loni Peristere

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I saw someone online say "Mr. Jingles and Richard Ramirez are driving to L.A.! What's also in L.A.? Hotel Cortez!"

I thought 'ooooh that's a good theory!'  

But THEN I looked up what other stuff Loni Peristere directed and lo and behold:

- Episode 100 (2019)
    - Forbidden Fruit (2018)
    - The Ten Commandments Killer (2015)
    - Room 33 (2015)
    - Devil's Night (2015)
    - Show Stoppers (2015)
    - Tupperware Party Massacre (2014)

4 AHS Hotel episodes!  Specifically Devil's Night when Richard Ramirez checks in.  I have my fingers crossed for a Russell Edgington cameo.  Of course we all know the fictionalized Hotel Cortez was based on The Cecil Hotel where the real Richard Ramirez stayed during much of his killing spree.   

Okay, and so expanding on that further...if previous Peristere episodes is a clue, then look at his AHS: Apocalypse episode "Forbidden Fruit" when Cody Fern went full-tilt "Satan! Satan! Satan!"  Did all those ghost sperms with their pumpkin heads really make an Anti-Christ baby?!

AHS: Freak Show - Tupperware Party Massacre....I don't see how this could possibly fit in.  I guess the only connecting thread is Dandy is a serial killer, and this episode was one of his worst slayings.  

Michellehisdudeness915
  • MichelleMichelle California
    cdrive said:
    I saw someone online say "Mr. Jingles and Richard Ramirez are driving to L.A.! What's also in L.A.? Hotel Cortez!"

I thought 'ooooh that's a good theory!'  

But THEN I looked up what other stuff Loni Peristere directed and lo and behold:

- Episode 100 (2019)
    - Forbidden Fruit (2018)
    - The Ten Commandments Killer (2015)
    - Room 33 (2015)
    - Devil's Night (2015)
    - Show Stoppers (2015)
    - Tupperware Party Massacre (2014)

4 AHS Hotel episodes!  Specifically Devil's Night when Richard Ramirez checks in.  I have my fingers crossed for a Russell Edgington cameo.  Of course we all know the fictionalized Hotel Cortez was based on The Cecil Hotel where the real Richard Ramirez stayed during much of his killing spree.   

Okay, and so expanding on that further...if previous Peristere episodes is a clue, then look at his AHS: Apocalypse episode "Forbidden Fruit" when Cody Fern went full-tilt "Satan! Satan! Satan!"  Did all those ghost sperms with their pumpkin heads really make an Anti-Christ baby?!

AHS: Freak Show - Tupperware Party Massacre....I don't see how this could possibly fit in.  I guess the only connecting thread is Dandy is a serial killer, and this episode was one of his worst slayings.  

I've been low-key thinking there might be a Hotel tie-in since they're in LA and other similarities between the two seasons - serial killers, the dead's ghosts being unable to leave the property where their worldly bodies were killed, the '80s (Sally has a really '80s style as does Liz Taylor).  But now that you point out Loni Peristere's Hotel episodes, I'm really hoping it's true.  Hotel is my favorite season and I'd love to see it in some form in this season.  

Side theory - since we have that Devil's Night episode in the above list, and it's the 100th tonight, do you think there might be a gathering of killers from previous seasons for another Devil's Night?  JPM, the Night Stalker, the Dandy, Leatherman, Piggy, Michael the Antichrist, the jazz musician that Jessica Lange fell in love with in Coven -or- Papa Legba, Kathy Bates from Roanoke, and John Carroll Lynch doing triple duty as Twisty, John Wayne Gacy, and Jingles.
    I think this is the episode I would *love* to see tonight.

And side note:  in the preview for tonight, Richard Ramirez is taking a woman into a hotel room.  Hmmmmmmm, is it at the Cortez??

• I think tonight's episode will be Ryan Murphy took the first 100 threads on the AHS fan theory Reddit page and is doing all of them in 1 episode....

Cecily
    edited October 2019
    That cold open... yeah, that's def. not the Cortez.  eesh.

Loved that shot of Jingles drinking a Tab while watching Ramirez being beaten by the mob. 
    That wig on Leslie Jordan though.... :lol:
    Pangs
  • okay, wasn't quite as crazy of a mash-up as I think we were expecting, but at least we kept the story moving along on this season. Overall does seem to set the rest of the season's plot in motion and for once might have some kind of cohesive endgame in mind with some craziness & revenge galore at this music festival.

Flash Gordon callback to Brooke being revived by Donna? 

Looking forward to Freddy v Jason pt.2 

Pangscdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited October 2019
    thao3362 said:
    great article, I was very impressed about it, wish you would have stayed next share
    fuck off.

edit: I’m sorry. Please fuck off.