102 - Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship (Spoilers)

13»

Comments

• pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    edited October 31
    I haven't heard or seen this mentioned (probably because it's a tiny, nerdy thing), but I thoroughly enjoyed showing a literal deus ex machina to deliver Dr. Manhattan, also a literal deus ex machina, in the play.

A_Ron_HubbardCecilyMrXElisaFlukessassyfontaine
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited November 1
    No one has really remarked on how cavalier Sister Night is about the crime scene, and how cavalier she thinks her coworkers would be.  How would the conversation go that Angela would have to have with the rest of the cops about where she found Will and how she has him under arrest days after she let them work Judd's murder and go busting some skulls in Nixonville without mentioning she has control of a Person of Interest to the investigation?

The whole White Night / masked cops thing is weird too - does the 7th Cavalry really play by the Marquess of Queensbury rules or something, and if you say you retire from the police force, they're definitely not coming after you again, even though you seem to do ??? work at the world's worst front organization and there's a masked woman vigilante cop running around that even matches your physical stature..... 
  • Well.....racist extremists tend not to be the smartest bunch of individuals to be fair. 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited November 1
    No one has really remarked on how cavalier Sister Night is about the crime scene, and how cavalier she thinks her coworkers would be.  How would the conversation go that Angela would have to have with the rest of the cops about where she found Will and how she has him under arrest days after she let them work Judd's murder and go busting some skulls in Nixonville without mentioning she has control of a Person of Interest to the investigation?

The whole White Night / masked cops thing is weird too - does the 7th Cavalry really play by the Marquess of Queensbury rules or something, and if you say you retire from the police force, they're definitely not coming after you again, even though you seem to do ??? work at the world's worst front organization and there's a masked woman vigilante cop running around that even matches your physical stature..... 

Did you see The Boys? I see the police as like the Seven... the danger is a show you put on (which would lead to exaggerated punishments and threat level) and you are protected even after you retire because the group protects its own prestige. I think largely this is working for them, and either the police chief's death was an anomaly or it wasn't, but I need more information to start thinking the concept doesn't work.

I guess more information could reveal I'm totally wrong about that, too, but this is the vibe I'm getting. They seem so cavalier. It's not unlike someone dying in Altered Carbon, where someone isn't totally dead but you still investigate the murder.

As for Sister Night being shady about not revealing the old man's participation, and protecting him, at the moment my head canon is that an earlier draft had her learning that this man is her grandfather much earlier in the story, perhaps right after she found him. I don't know why this is the kind of thing I'm okay head-canoning away, but it is. Maybe it's because I also need more information that she wouldn't act on her own before thinking it's bad...

FlukesElisa
  • Regina king is almost 50 years old and my god she is absolutely stunning...
    adobo1148ElisaTeresa from ConcordsassyfontaineOpusWho