Silicon Valley- Final Season

With all the great TV, I thought this might get lost in the mix.  Here’s a Great read from The Atlantic on Tech’s inability to reconcile success  with ethics and How the show has navigated that premise. 

Pangs

Comments

• redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited October 31
    good start to final season

Liked the AI Dinesh talking to AI Gilfoyle crashes the network  :)

ksa1001
  • Technical question - How is Pied Piper and it's subsidaries (Colin) able to mine the user data on their network? I  thought the whole point of Richards 'Internet 2.0' was that it was distributed in such a way that it wouldn't be possible to grab data like that, too many pieces in too many places.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I laughed harder at that premiere then I laughed at this show since probably the first season's finale. Granted I was probably in a really great. That may have been the reason. Comedy is so dicey.
    Freddy
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I didn’t realize this is the final season. I need to process. All the great tv is coming to an end at the same time. 
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    This show has been about Jared the entire time, hasn't it?
    Pangsdarwinfeeshy
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    This show has been about Jared the entire time, hasn't it?
    It is in my head, yes. 
    MattyWeaves
  • If any character deserves a happy ending its Jared. I can see Richard leaving the Valley and doing something else with his life. Dinesh and Guilfoyle will probably leave pied piper, head their own tech start ups, and use those platforms to continue trading racist/explicit insults. 
  • I laughed harder at that premiere then I laughed at this show since probably the first season's finale. Granted I was probably in a really great. That may have been the reason. Comedy is so dicey.
    Nothing will ever beat the dick algorithm. That’s probably the funniest TV moment in history. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I laughed harder at that premiere then I laughed at this show since probably the first season's finale. Granted I was probably in a really great. That may have been the reason. Comedy is so dicey.
    More like Garthgou is dicey. Ole sporadic laughing ass motherfuckah. Ha ha.
    ksa1001
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    Ok, Jared losing his shit is possibly the funniest thing I've seen this season.
    AussieGregdarthcaedus1138FreddyPangsMattyWeavesbrewsevelthisdudeness915
  • It was cool seeing Guilfoyle get played by the Queen of HR. Id rather see him go toe to toe with her than repeating his juvenile BS with Dinesh. 

How has Gavin not been Fired? The man elevates ineptitude to an art form. It was great watching Denpak and Hoover scheme their way out of relocating to Georgia. 
    Freddy
    adobo1148 said:
    It was cool seeing Guilfoyle get played by the Queen of HR. Id rather see him go toe to toe with her than repeating his juvenile BS with Dinesh. 
    I'm still a diehard Gilfoyle/Monica shipper, but I want to see the HR lady get a crack first
    edited November 5
    ksa1001 said:
    Ok, Jared losing his shit is possibly the funniest thing I've seen this season.
    I can't wait to see the deleted scenes of all the insults they tried out. That writer's session had to have been fun as shit.
  • i knew this scene was coming given all the quiet build up over the seasons that Jared is secretly gangster. and it was just as epic as i imagined. 
  • Jared vs. Richard at the end was great.  Really enjoyed Gilfoyle battling with the HR woman, especially his move to hire 5 random people and her manipulation paying off.  And then lastly, had to rewind when the Chile guy starting talking about how his idiot father allowed workers to unionize and spending money on hospitals, plus with all of the birds just dive bombing the window.  Just too funny.

As to why Gavin isn't fired at this point, it's tvland, that's why.  In the real world, he would have been long gone from Hooli.  Maybe he would have tried to start another company, but no chance once he gets kicked out of Hooli (previous season) that he comes back.

Dummy
  • I can see a scenario where HR queen begins throwing her weight around  to the point where Guilfoyle and Dinesh have an Avengers assemble moment, pooling their resources to take her down. 
  • The comedy timing on Silicon Valley is just absolutely perfect, the writing and acting nailed on a weekly basis. I don't think since The Office was at the height of it's powers I've seen a 30 minute show that each episode is just a perfect little nugget of awkward awesomeness.

Dear god please tell me Richard didn’t sign anything. I may have missed that detail because I was laughing my arse off at the birds hitting the window. And the bird scooper? My guidance counselor never told me about that career choice. 

This episode was great!
  • Jared wearing sunglasses just scared the hell out of me.  Felt he could go postal at any moment.  And Dinesh's confession/speech was just great!
    FreddyTeresa from ConcordAussieGreg
  • Even though it wasn’t surprising, seeing Gavin get all that help for the triathlon was perfect. I love how matter of fact it was, though when they were calculating his triathlon time were they taking into account all the help he would so obviously be getting. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Jared wearing sunglasses just scared the hell out of me.  Felt he could go postal at any moment.  And Dinesh's confession/speech was just great!
    I busted out laughing when he said he took all his cousin’s British candy and ate it. 
    Freddy
    Fun episode on so many levels. A+ acting and writing. Being it’s the final season will they let Richard get something right? The first time? Yes he comes up with ideas that save the day, but he's generally the one that screwed it up. I’m rooting for Richard to grow some balls and save the world (or at least Silicon Valley)