Age of Heroes Prequel Series Canceled

Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
edited October 2019 in Game of Thrones
https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/29/game-of-thrones-prequel-2/

A bad day for GoT related projects. 

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I'm betting the pilot was too expensive to warrant the risks associated with the brand. 
    JoshuaHeterTravis
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited October 2019
    I know people were generally bummed by the final season but I don’t know that salting the earth is the right way to handle that backlash. I guess the pilot might not have been great but then again neither was the GoT pilot and apparently D&D bumblefucked their way to a great 4ish seasons of that show. 
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    Alkaid13 said:
    I know people were generally bummed by the final season but I don’t know that salting the earth is the right way to handle that backlash. I guess the pilot might not have been great but then again neither was the GoT pilot and apparently D&D bumblefucked their way to a great 4ish seasons of that show. 
    It is all people would think about. Someone counted the pennies and decided it was a hard pass.
  • My feeling on this are mixed. Good if it was a bad show. Bad if it was penny pinchers saving money or no talent hack making a bad choice. 

Plus, one last distraction for GRRM, get writing George.
  • Yeah I suppose it all depends if this was a money thing or a talent thing. Welp, bad news for the boys, one less GoT show to cover; good news for the boys, one less GoT show to cover. 
    ksa1001
  • Weird that they kept the other one though. 
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    Alkaid13 said:
    Weird that they kept the other one though. 
    I'm guessing part of that was having Fire and Blood to work off of.  The other would potentially had them back into creating their own stories out of whole cloth ala the last GOT 2-3 seasons. 
  • Can HBO not find a single writer capable of crafting some decent fantasy though? I know you can’t create a GRRM or a JRR out of whole-cloth but it can’t be that hard to find people better than D&D.  I guess they’re just gun shy. 
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    Alkaid13 said:
    Can HBO not find a single writer capable of crafting some decent fantasy though? I know you can’t create a GRRM or a JRR out of whole-cloth but it can’t be that hard to find people better than D&D.  I guess they’re just gun shy. 
    I think they believe Fire and Blood prequel is tee'd up more than the age of heroes.  I was more excited for the waaay back prequel, but if they spend some time in Valeria I'll be happy. 

We better get the Black Dread if they are picking this one over the Long Night though. 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited October 2019
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    How do I know this is  a very important topic for the BM'ers? Two threads on the same topic!
    JaimieT
  • I have no idea what the hell the hook was supposed to be for this prequel. Did anybody give a shit about the Age of Heroes? 

Recast Watts as a Targaryen and put her in the prequel that matters. 
    BroRad33
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited October 2019
    Targaryen based prequel is a go. George is involved. Sapochnik will co-showrun and direct the pilot. Alrighty then.

hisdudeness915RyanReeseman
  • I am so stoked. I loved Fire & Blood.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    George will literally never finish those books now.
    CapeGabehisdudeness915