Season 4

Thought I’d just make a general thread for this in the category

Also episode titles are out
https://youtu.be/J88d0oZnDQY

Comments

• Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 2019
    I don’t know why but Mr. Meeseeks fighting Fascist Morty was especially funny to me.

Not as good as the season 3 premiere but overall a pretty good premiere. 
    bazjenster
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Pretty middling episode, to me.
    ksa1001
  • I enjoyed the Akira reference and the shitting on Nancy Grace. Also Kirkland Meeseeks got a chuckle from me
  • It won't go down as a classic episode, but it was good.  Often the first episode of a new season (especially when they've been away for awhile) is focused on re-introducing the characters and re-establishing relationships etc.

JaimieT
  • I enjoyed the "how did fascism become the default" commentary.  Overall, the episode felt "off" but the stinger brought it back for me.  The Wasp dinner scene had me squirming a little. 

Maybe my lukewarm first impression was just a function of long wait and unreasonably high expectations. Glad Season 4 is here!
    ksa1001
  • It was a lil' unique, but the stinger and a handful of the jokes got me.

Glad to have it back overall.

Having just binged all of season 3, I see a new "Green Portal Productions" at the end now. I'll have to look into that.
  • Watching the first episode again and noticed that Rick137 has the green alcohol drip on his lips but the first facist shrimp Rick doesn’t. Hitler never drank. Funny little Easter egg
  • Gaslighting doesn't exist. You made it up because you're fucking crazy. 
    CapeGabeksa1001
  • Having the crocubots speaking Australian is perfect. Jeez this show just continues to amaze with little tiny 2 second things like crocodiles are Australian and alligators and American. 
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    So was 90% of the trailer they released taken from last night's episode?
  • Episode 3 was my clear favorite so far. We've already turned "I'm in!" into a household joke/phrase.
    edited December 2019
    I think episode 4 was the first actual bad episode of Rick and Morty. Felt like a lazy South Park episode. They didn't really have much to say with their commentary so just went balls to the wall with the low brow humour.

It was to be expected, but giving them 70 episodes definitely seems to have stopped them from scrutinizing the quality of every episode.
    DoubleA_Ron
  • I'm very surprised that the show broke its own rule of no time travel stories... but it was done well in my opinion, so all is good!
  • I thought the snakes episode was great. It's such a stupid joke, but when they handed snake Abraham Lincoln the note that just said "SSSS" and he turned around, I almost died from laughter. Beth not having Jerry's number in her phone also had me dying. I loved how economically the showed the problem with the Terminator movies. Having a Terminator to kill a Terminator that could also have a Termainator to kill that Terminator is a problem that they just don't give enough of a shit to fix. 
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    So I'm going to ask this here, but it may very well be answered on the podcast. Is Pickle Me This dead?

I just got the download notification and in the show notes it says it's the last dedicated episode. Just curious what happened as I probably won't get a chance to listen until Thursday.

• edited December 2019
    Sounds like they are going to abandon that feed and any future Rick & Morty coverage will be back on the Bald Move TV feed.  This makes the second of my top 5 favorite shows that they are abandoning full-treatment on for business reasons. 

The Expanse being the other. 

I guess that's about all the proof I needed to conclude that my personal taste in shows must not match with the central-finite-curve of fan-driven off-market profitability.  Curses.  

Not mad, just let down - I hope it all works out for BM global media domination in 2020. 
    My best snake salute: SSSSSS!
  • edited December 2019
    Honestly, Rick and Morty kinda feels like a chore this season. For me they cramp too much stuff into too short episodes to show that they still got it. Last episode was a little better at least, I really digged the snake jazz.
    darwinfeeshy
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited December 2019
    I stopped watching after episode 2 or 3. It's clear to me Dan Harmon is phoning it in. He got his job security, so who cares? Not me. 

Gawd this fall season has been such a let down. 
    darwinfeeshy
    visi0n said:
    Sounds like they are going to abandon that feed and any future Rick & Morty coverage will be back on the Bald Move TV feed.  This makes the second of my top 5 favorite shows that they are abandoning full-treatment on for business reasons. 

The Expanse being the other. 

I guess that's about all the proof I needed to conclude that my personal taste in shows must not match with the central-finite-curve of fan-driven off-market profitability.  Curses.  

Not mad, just let down - I hope it all works out for BM global media domination in 2020. 
    My best snake salute: SSSSSS!
    I kinda think it might be for the best. Their coverage wasn't bad, but it definitely felt like an "official" podcast and they weren't really allowed to be critical.
  • Somebody on Reddit figured out what Rick and Jerry saw when they peered into the talking cats mind.

https://v.redd.it/9c7vyeohcm641
  • The double gut punch of the first half of S4 and The Rise of Skywalker both sucking has really put me in a media malaise.

is anything going to be good anymore? Did Dan get that 10 season deal and just give up?