Apple TV+ Early Opinions

Got the free preview today. Could not get past the preview of Jason Momoa’s See without an eye roll. Going to try For All Mankind as I like Joel Kinnamin, Frank/Bobby from David Simon's stuff, and outer space. 

I know pre-release reviews have not been kind. Any one try any of the shows?

Comments

• I have to check. My entire technology system is Apple. The wife and myself have phones that are Apple. The kids have iPads for learning and what not. I only purchase my entertainment media from iTunes. Using the 4K Apple TV box. I have a iCloud subscription for my photos. Apple Music, etc 

But I haven’t checked on the subscription for their streaming service. If they have a deal that includes discounts for the faithful Apple customers then I might consider it. 

If it’s just another $10 no matter what then I’ll pass until I hear otherwise. 
  • @Hatorian the Apple TV just prompted me out of nowhere for a free trial (of course it did). A week free than $4.99/month. I doubt I’ll keep it, though. 

I have made it halfway through the first episode of For All Mankind before family interrupted. So far, it’s not bad. A bit of Top Gun, Man in the High Castle, and Apollo 13. 
    Hatorian
  • Hatorian said:
    I have to check. My entire technology system is Apple. The wife and myself have phones that are Apple. The kids have iPads for learning and what not. I only purchase my entertainment media from iTunes. Using the 4K Apple TV box. I have a iCloud subscription for my photos. Apple Music, etc 

But I haven’t checked on the subscription for their streaming service. If they have a deal that includes discounts for the faithful Apple customers then I might consider it. 

Live look of @Hatorian in his house full of Apple swag :p

HatorianNoelrkcrawfReniawookieeksa1001
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I’m going to wait and see. So far nothing has grabbed me and there’s so many good shows out right now and coming out on other existing services. 
  • I’m a sucker for space race stuff. Plus, isn’t Frank Sobotka taking the US to the moon?  Can’t miss that. 
    awookiee
  • edited November 3
    I’m a sucker for space race stuff. Plus, isn’t Frank Sobotka taking the US to the moon?  Can’t miss that. 
    Yes, he is. Finished episode 2 last night, and I give it a thumbs up. Its hard to rank anything after 2 episodes, but I'm invested in the principal characters and they are doing some good things with the alternate history. People that you'd think would be safe in history may not be, and they do a lot of interesting things with the social order of the time. Good writing so far, even though the dialogue can be over ambitious at times. 

My one complaint is that the cast is blizzard white. I get it...1969 and the space race. The setting dictates the cast. But even Mad Men had background extras of color. It's jarring, especially against a soundtrack that uses so much music by black artist s of the period. Maybe it will change, but I'll keep watching. 

Also, created by Ronald Moore (BSG). 
  • MrX said:
    Hatorian said:
    I have to check. My entire technology system is Apple. The wife and myself have phones that are Apple. The kids have iPads for learning and what not. I only purchase my entertainment media from iTunes. Using the 4K Apple TV box. I have a iCloud subscription for my photos. Apple Music, etc 

Live look of @Hatorian in his house full of Apple swag :p

Reading back it sounds like I’m bragging. And probably there is a part of me that is. But my iPhone is paid for by my company. My wife’s is $0 from the contract. The kids iPads are minis are purchased 2 years ago. The only thing we really pay for is iCloud. 

And the decision to buy all our media through iTunes was simple since all our devices our Apple. Makes much more sense to buy a $10 movie on iTunes that is accessible across all our devices than it is to buy a blu ray. 

I heard the new Samsung fold cost 2k. That Alone would pay for every device I have. 
  • Watched all 3 available episodes of for all mankind and i think it’s great. I worried the major historical plot pivot would create a somber mood much like high castle but its surprisingly a fun watch. No other apple originals interest me at the moment. Looking forward to ep4
  • I really want to like Dickinson and I think I might BUT the language is just so informal. I’m a fairly informal person myself, but I like my historical shows to use the language similar to the time period. She says “Sup Bro” to her brother as he was introduced and I was not on board with such a modern and informal greeting between the two. I will watch it all but I think it’s going to be slowly.  
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    Ironically I used my free year and tuned in Friday after work, but the show that caught my attention was an EPIX show they are streaming I never heard of called the Godfather of Harlem.

It's the connective tissue between Hoodlum 
    And American Gangster.

I never knew it was a thing, but the first episode was really good.

Between Forest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio & Giancarlo Esposito, I'm in!
    Hatorian
  • ksa1001 said:
    Ironically I used my free year and tuned in Friday after work, but the show that caught my attention was an EPIX show they are streaming I never heard of called the Godfather of Harlem.

It's the connective tissue between Hoodlum 
    And American Gangster.

I never knew it was a thing, but the first episode was really good.

Between Forest Whitaker, Vincent D'Onofrio & Giancarlo Esposito, I'm in!
    Damn. This looks sick. Don’t see why this doesn’t have any marketing behind it. Definitely checking it out 
    ksa1001
  • KatySan89 said:
    When you visit bestcustomwriting.com, you will be able to find best custom writing reviews on their page. Thank best custom writing for the awesome work
    get outta here with your disguised Russian boner pills.
  • My “blizzard white” concern is addressed by the show. I think it was an intentional choice by the show and is addressed at some point.