Terminator: Dark Fate

CoryCory New Scotland
I'm sitting in the theatre waiting for the movie to start, wondering if anyone has seen it and what they think. I actually came here to check to see if the boys have done a podcast on this movie. I'm assuming not as I don't see it anywhere, but they have can someone please direct me.

Comments

• It was fine-ish.

Box office $ return bombed though, probably the last of the Terminators for a long time, maybe ever.

• edited November 6
    If you’ve seen one Terminator you’ve seen them all. Except for Salvation, which is the only one who has even remotely attempted to do anything different, and it still got stuck with a terrible script and an insanely incompetent director.

There is no story here, it ended when they stopped Judgement Day. The first two movies are great, and the story had a definitive ending. That’s it, turn off the lights on your way out.
    blacksunrise7
  • I really enjoyed it as a good action flick.  Does it do anything new, no but it didn't have to to entertain me.  The action scenes were pretty badass and I saw it in an AMC Dolby theater and the seats were shaking quite a bit (transducers in the seats so they shake a bit with the bass).  Easily the best Terminator since T2 but that isn't exactly high praise either.  I'm bummed it's bombing at the box office because I think the franchise could do amazing things in the future with how far CGI has come.  
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited November 12
    Had a friend that really wanted to see it.  

To do amazing things they should have cared about fixing the story and world building, which they have no apparent interest in.  

awookiee said:
    I really enjoyed it as a good action flick.  Does it do anything new, no but it didn't have to to entertain me.  The action scenes were pretty badass and I saw it in an AMC Dolby theater and the seats were shaking quite a bit (transducers in the seats so they shake a bit with the bass).  Easily the best Terminator since T2 but that isn't exactly high praise either.  I'm bummed it's bombing at the box office because I think the franchise could do amazing things in the future with how far CGI has come.