AHS 1984: Episode 9 Final Girl (Spoilers)

edited November 2019 in Other TV
What a weird damn finale. Last week was the first episode I really didn't like and I was curious how they'd end the season.

I didn't see ghost redemption(s) and the 2019 flash forward coming but I liked them.

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 2019
    Margaret's initial death scene had me like :astonished:

No concert.  No Billy Idol.  Bertie and Chet making out?!?!!!????????

Did anyone else get a Roanoke vibe when everyone was outside of Margaret's cabin with their torches, and Bertie with her cleaver?  *And* they're ghosts, just as the Roanoke group was?

And that final scene was cheesy as hell.  Not at all how I thought it would end.

Overall, I was super excited about the theme for this season and, IMO, it just didn't stick the landing.
    Loved seeing Finn Wittrock again though!

And also, for the last time this season, the playlist has been updated.
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5F9yUfVecKj8UuOuwxr59p

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Say it louuuuuud! Say it cleaaaaar!
    ”The 80s will never die.”

1984 is up there in the ranks with this Finale.

Way the fuck up there.  Possibly even better than Asylum. 
    DeePangs
    Also, how did Brooke not age a single day in 30 years??  I get she had fillers, etc. but she would still naturally age.  She looked like it was just the next day in 1989.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Song of the year 1988. Just DRENCHED in that 80s optimism. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I loved this finale. Cecily hated it. This should be a fun finale podcast!

Although, I gotta say, teasing Billy all season long and not delivering? Not cool, man. Not cool. That wasn't metal at ALL.
    cdriveMichellePeepsDeePangs
    I reallllllllly wanted to like it.  I was so into this season until they took a left turn and humanized Jingles, effectively forgetting about the murders he willingly committed and making him a victim.  I didn't like Dylan McDermott's character and don't see the benefit of bringing him in - what did it add to the story arc?  They hyped up this concert and Billy Idol, and we didn't get either.   I just feel like they kind of went all over the place instead of staying through to the end and telling the stories of our main core of characters.  Where was each of their redemptions?  Or did I miss something somewhere?  They're just stuck at the camp forever now, no happy resolutions to their individual stories.  And I'll say it again, that ending scene was a cheese fest (although I do love me some Finn Wittrock).

I *did* like the scenes where the group took out their revenge on Margaret, and on Ramirez as well with the daily torture.  Btw - Misery vibes, anyone, with the breaking of his ankles?
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I think that’s the first time I’ve ever teared up at the end of AHS. Loved it. Not even mad that they didn’t have Billy Idol. 
  • I expected the ending to be disappointing and it managed to be better than that.  I loved the season and was content with how it ended.  It wasn't the finale of my dreams, but it didn't rankle me at all.  A cheesy ending is exactly what this 80s inspired season demanded.
    PeepsDee