Finale promo. I dare you to not get misty-eyed.

Comments

• broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    damn. I'm going to miss Mad Men more than any other show.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    As I watch old episodes now, I see certain things... hints, clues, things that tie in to later episodes.  I know this is true for many well-written shows as they wrap up in their final season, but it especially resonates with this show.  Lately, I keep thinking about Bert singing to Don, "the best things in life are free".  Don gave away (or lost, in terms of his furniture & home decor) all of his material possessions, and is a happier, more content man, as evidenced by the smile on his face while sitting at a bus stop in the middle of Oklahoma.  Pete just took what seems to be a lucrative job in Wichita, but it didn't make him as happy as the chance to reunite with Trudy and Tammy and for them to become a family again.  Roger, who was born with a silver spoon, lost his wife to divorce and his daughter rebelled against him.  But looking back after his dual heart attacks, you see him at his lowest point and how much he loves them both.  Peggy is ambitious and focused on attaining loftier positions in her career, but still thinks about the child she gave up and has those emotional moments from time to time.  Family, home, children, love, laughter... the best things in life truly are free.
  • That Paul Anka song in the promo, "The Times of Your Life", was also used in a Kodak commercial in the 70s  It's a good, subtle callback to the advertising world of Mad Men.