Bald Move D&D Play by Post (Level 2): Players Only Please

Comments

• Alkaid13 said:
    The kits are more useful than their gold value, 6 disguise kits provides a very good variety where we could reliably have a couple alternatives each. 
    Probably want to sell the necklace, broach, dress, normal ring, walking stick and suit. 
    @CretanBull what sort of check would be required to find someone willing to purchase the extremely well tailored suit for a good price?
    An investigation check, made by someone who has proficiency in Investigation.  If there are two party members who are proficient, one of the players can make the roll with advantage.
  • I just checked, @CapeGabe is the only one who has proficiency in Investigation, so it's up to him to make the roll :)
  • CapeGabe said:
    @CretanBull

I understand everything. You just mentioned when we 1st started playing:

By RAW (rules as written) an arcane focus can be used in place of spell components except for components that have a monetary value assigned to them.  We'll stick to that, but identify will be an exception...it's an important spell for low lever characters and 100pg to cast a spell when you're low level is crazy.

That's why I asked if you wanted me to use a different price. Or did you just want to waive it until the party had money then go back to RAW on Identify?
    That's how we usually play it.  At first level you probably don't have many things that need identifying but if something comes up it's a freebee.  By 2nd lvl the party should be able to pool together 100gp :) 
    CapeGabe
  • I don't know what I was Investigating but I rolled a 10 / 19 WITH a +5 so the rolls continue to be shit. If everything really does even out over time I'm going to crit for like two whole levels.  :)
  • Justus

wants to keep the suit for now. Dont know if we will need it are were flush with cash. The disguises are good to keep especially if we want to maintain the facade we died. I picked up a healthy amount of gold from the dead rats which is why I’m only taking 20 gold from the stash
  • CapeGabe said:
    I don't know what I was Investigating but I rolled a 10 / 19 WITH a +5 so the rolls continue to be shit. If everything really does even out over time I'm going to crit for like two whole levels.  :)
    You were looking for a buyer for the fancy suit that you have, but now @Hatorian has suggested that you keep it.  With a roll of 10, you managed to find several buyers but none who appreciate its true value.  The highest offer that you get for it is 15gp.  You're certain that you could get more for it if the right buyer came along.
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 2019
    Well if we’re keeping the clothes, what size is the dress and what color is it?
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited November 2019
    Alkaid13 said:
    Well if we’re keeping the clothes, what size is the dress and what color is it?
    The dress is royal blue with white and gold trim.  Now that you've had some time to have a good look at it, you realize (I rolled a history check for you in roll20, you rolled a 15) that this is something called a Mediator's Dress.  Your understanding is that when there are tensions between noble families and they are required to attend the same social function, women wear these dresses to signal that any tensions or rivalries will be put aside for the evening for the sake of the event or social function.

It's sized for an 'average' human.  It might cost 1gp to have it properly sized and fitted for a particular person (any race size M or S).
    Alkaid13
  • If @Hatorian is only taking 20 then everyone else add 45 gold and I’ll erase the 200 from the party inventory. I suppose while we’re on the subject @CretanBull I’d like a detailed description of the jewelry and the walking stick as well, this all seems a bit extravagant for some common thugs so I’m curious now who they stole it from/if they’ve managed to convert one of the noble families. 
  • Maybe take 100 out to buy a pearl we need for Identify spell? I don't believe it gets consumed so it's a 1 time party purchase. 
  • Alkaid13 said:
    If @Hatorian is only taking 20 then everyone else add 45 gold and I’ll erase the 200 from the party inventory. I suppose while we’re on the subject @CretanBull I’d like a detailed description of the jewelry and the walking stick as well, this all seems a bit extravagant for some common thugs so I’m curious now who they stole it from/if they’ve managed to convert one of the noble families. 
    There's nothing distinctively identifiable about any of it, other than the fact that its ornate and well made.  You found this stuff in trunks, many of which contained uniforms of various common occupations (merchants outfits, blacksmiths gear etc) - the assumption being that the Rats were using these and the disguise kits to infiltrate different businesses etc.  The fancy suit, mediator's dress, the walking stick, and ornate jewelry seem to suggest that they've also infiltrated - or attempted to infiltrate - nobility/society life too.
  • Are you guys ok with what you've been able to do in the downtime so far?  If you give me a list of what you'd like to sell, I'll give you a total.

• FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I'm not really sure what I could/should be doing TBH. I'm but a simple barbarian. Sharpen an axe, drink some ale, I'm good to go!
  • edited November 2019
    Everyone want to give 16 gold each to buy the pearl needed for Identify?

EDIT: Or everyone except @Hatorian give me 20gp since he took less gold?
    edited November 2019
    Once again I’d like to suggest we maybe use some disguises or intermediaries if we’re going about town. 
    I’ll give @CapeGabe 50 gold and ask Torvan the postage rates to deliver a letter to Shorecrest via express. 
    CretanBull
  • @CretanBull after we find our current sanctuary I will contact George with the Stone

”Found safehouse, can arrange passage to Shorecrest if needed. Establish code word now if compromised later.”
    edited November 2019
    I got ya @Flukes

”Ragnuk, if you’re bored you could acquire me some javelins, I didn’t have a chance to pick up most of the ones I lost the other day. I’ll compensate you on your return.”

Also if you’re going to a jeweler Darcassan, sell off those trinkets.”
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk chips in 25G for the pearl.

"Sure thing. Might grab some myself. Um, should I uh.. wear a hat or something?"
  • ”Just pick out something that doesn’t make you stand out so much perhaps”
  • I think it might benefit everyone to re-read the piece that I wrote on page 1 of this thread.  There are certain things there that should be prompting questions :) 
    edited November 2019
    Oh I will definitely be following up with Torvan about him being complicit in some kind of conspiracy I was just going to wait on that after all the errands but I guess I might as well broach the topic while I’m asking about the post office. 

”Many thanks again Torvan for providing us safe living quarters, also there was a lot going on yesterday so it rather slipped my mind, but why exactly do you have a magically concealed safe house and how long have you been knowledgeable of the plot currently underway by the group of murderous cultists to raze the entire city to the ground?”
    Flukes
  • Stirling
    Will contribute for the pearl.  Also will shop for the hand crossbow and bolts.  
  • Alkaid13 said:

”Many thanks again Torvan for providing us safe living quarters, also there was a lot going on yesterday so it rather slipped my mind, but why exactly do you have a magically concealed safe house and how long have you been knowledgeable of the plot currently underway by the group of murderous cultists to raze the entire city to the ground?”
    He looks at you and laughs, not offensively - more like chuckling to himself.

"I don't know anything about whatever is going on, and I don't know this Kasparian fellow at all.  Believe me, if I knew who he was I wouldn't have him coming in here poisoning my customers.  That's not good for business, is it?"

"I can tell you a few things though.  I don't know what Kasparian's real name is - it might even be Kasparian - but it sure as heck ain't George."  He looks around making sure that no one else is within earshot.  He also looks you up and down as if he's evaluating you.  "I don't go around advertising this, and I don't expect you to either, understand?  But you guys seem like a trustworthy lot and you've proven yourselves so far, so here goes... I retired from adventuring years ago, but in my heyday I was a fighter of some renown.  I was also a member of an organization called The Unseen Hand."  (I rolled a history check for you in roll20, you rolled a 14 - I'll add what you know about this organization below).  "I'm retired, but once a member always a member.  "George" is a code name that we use..it's a way of signalling our membership to others who are in the know.  This Kasparian fellow is a member of the Unseen Hand, I'm sure of it and he sent you here because he knows about the safe house.  The safe house isn't mine...it's under my care though.  And yours to use until I hear otherwise."

*The Unseen Hand (history check of 14):

You've heard the name before and have some idea about what it is.  To your knowledge, it's a faction of loosely aligned groups dedicated to the common cause of maintaining balance in the world.  When things sway too far in one direction, whether it be good, evil, law or chaos, the Unseen Hand works in the background to pull things towards a more neutral or centre position.  They aren't thought of as being fanatical, they just look to curb various movements that appear to be extreme in one way or another.  Because they need to know what's going on in order to pursue their goals, they also have a reputation for being one of the premier information networks on the continent.  Their total numbers are unknown, and they aren't known to have formal leadership...each region or territory has local groups and members and they share information amongst each other.  They're very strongly associated with bards.

CapeGabe
  • @Alkaid13 re: letter... 1 sp piece to send it by standard post, which means it gets lumped in a bag and sent off with other mail...and usually gets to where it's going.  For 2 gold, you can send a letter with an armed caravan.  It's a little slower because the caravan doesn't leave until there's enough mail being sent to a given location, but it's pretty much guaranteed to arrive safely.
  • Alkaid13 said:
    @CretanBull after we find our current sanctuary I will contact George with the Stone

”Found safehouse, can arrange passage to Shorecrest if needed. Establish code word now if compromised later.”
    A message comes back...

"It's best if you don't know where I'm going.  Will return as soon as possible.  Code word: Unseen."
  • I took 20 GP off my sheet for the pearl. Others (Except @Hatorian  ) should do the same. Just deduct the 20 GP, I don't need the extra people offered. It is appreciated though.

Also I'm not the best to barter. Someone more qualified than me should do buy and sell the trinkets. If we are able to procure disguise kits let me know the price for mine.
    Flukes
  • Stirling
    I imagine Stirling would be good at bartering.

(What ability does that use?)
  • Stirling
    I imagine Stirling would be good at bartering.

(What ability does that use?)
    None needed....whatever you want to sell, you can get 50% of the Player's Hand Book value for.  If the item isn't in the PHB, I'll let you know how much you can get for it.
  • If you actually want to haggle you could probably use Deception to pass them off as more expensive than they are but that might backfire. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited November 2019
    Justus

Will put the gold recurved to the party for purchase. So +20. But all minus off the gold from my character sheet when I get to a computer. iPhones don’t really work for this l. 

Also 

why are you just blindly listening to someone who tried to kill us.

i sguest we investigate All the items. And if kaspo is still around i prefer we Waterbord him. He knows Negrellis and his plan but we don’t know his motive tue motive and what could happen. He could be lying.  We should make this guy squeal. Doesn’t sit with me. He tried to kill us.