Bald Move D&D Play by Post (Level 2): Players Only Please

1246713

Comments

  • "I feel sorry for whatever fate awaits that dwarf, but as Justus said if we don't stop Negrellis the entire town will meet a much worse fate."  Plastalyn looks at each of you out of the corner of his eye looking for nods of approval.  "We're less than a few minutes away from our destination, just past the money lender up on the right."

    You walk for about another block as Plastalyn leads you to a featureless wooden building, it's only distinct feature is that it looks cleaner and better kept than most of the other buildings in the area.

    "This is it."  He pauses for a second, takes a deep breath as and enters the front door.

    As you enter the building, you find yourselves in a faux-riche decorated parlour room.  Someone has done their best to give the appearance of wealth and opulence, but you don't have to be experts to realize pretty much everything in the room - the furniture, carpets, paintings and other decor are cheaply made knock-offs. At the far side of the room, there's a welcoming desk with a young Tabaxi woman sitting behind it with her feet up on the desk.  You seem to have caught her a little off guard, and as you enter she quickly moves her feet to the floor and sits upright imitating a professional.

    "Hi!  I'm Misty, Misty Mountainhop, but just call me Misty, k?"  She doesn't wait for any kind of response and just keeps talking.  "There's...1...2..3...6 of you, great!  Well, great for 5 of you. There are 6 girls on duty at the moment but one of them is Bertha." Misty leans her head a few inches closer to you and whispers a very loud whisper, "you don't want Bertha.  No one wants Bertha."  She reverts to her former position and volume, looking @Alkaid13 "sorry hun, no men on duty, I mean if men are your thing?  I don't mean to presume.  Most of the girls offer discounts for lady clients..." again she leans in and whispers, "except Bertha, she don't give no discounts to no one - not even her husband!"  Back to her regular speaking voice, "Just have a seat and I'll bring the girls out, decide amongst yourself who picks first," and then whispers "don't get stuck picking last.  Bertha." She makes an exaggerated shudder.  

    She gets up to walk into a back room and stops before entering, and turns back to you.  "Oh!  I almost forgot."  She walks back to her desk, reaches behind it and puts a glass jar in plain view. "I accept tips!".


  • Justus

    so how much for one of your ladies services? 
  • Justus

    to group let’s see what we can gather from these ladies on a 1-1 settinf
  • Aurelia

    ”Well boys y’all go on and have your fun, I think I’d like to get to know this here charmin lady a bit more”

    I give Misty a wink

    ”I assure ya, I’m a big tipper”
  • I think we need to re-introduce the social turn order system, I can't tell if people are just content with what others have said and want to go along with it or if they haven't had time to check the boards and offer their input.
    CapeGabeFlukes
  •  Stirling
    ”I’ll spend some time with Bertha.”
  • Justus 

    Whispers to Stirling. Don’t get yourself crushed.


    To the group of ladies

    my Friend Goerge Said you would provide the best service in rock bottom...

    want to roll an investigation check on their response to this. 


    Flukes
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited December 2019
    Who’s up next?
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Who’s up next?
    I assumed that people were busy with Thanksgiving.  As I said earlier, I think that we'll return to the social turn order because I can't tell if someone is following along and not replying because they're content/have nothing to add or if they haven't seen things yet.

    I'll provide an update now and then I'll drop the social turn order and we can reply in turn based on that. 
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited December 2019
    Hatorian said:
    Justus

    so how much for one of your ladies services? 
    "Ummm...I dunno really.  I guess that's up to you and her.  I kinda know how it works, but not really.  I guess I probably should by now.  Oh!  I'm supposed to say...uhhh....oh yeah!  You're paying for their time and whatever you chose to do together is up to you."
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Aurelia

    ”Well boys y’all go on and have your fun, I think I’d like to get to know this here charmin lady a bit more”

    I give Misty a wink

    ”I assure ya, I’m a big tipper”
    "Great!  That sounds like fun!"
  •  Stirling
    ”I’ll spend some time with Bertha.”
    "Oh no.  No.  You really don't.  Trust me."
  • Hatorian said:
    Justus 

    Whispers to Stirling. Don’t get yourself crushed.


    To the group of ladies

    my Friend Goerge Said you would provide the best service in rock bottom...

    want to roll an investigation check on their response to this. 


    Just for clarity, Misty hasn't gone to get the women yet - it's just you guys and Misty in the parlour at this point.

    When you say that to Misty, she just looks back at you with a blank stare.  "Wait, what?  Who's George?"

    You roll 21 for insight.  It's quite clear to you that she has no idea what you're talking about.

    As you're gauging her reaction though, you hear a male voice shout out from somewhere deeper in the building.

    "Misty!"  His voice is loud and forceful.  "What I have I told you about new guests?"

    "Keep them away from Bertha?" she calls back.

    "No!  You're to bring new guests to me first!  I can remember every voice I've ever heard and I ain't never heard none of those voices before.  And stop telling the customers to avoid Bertha!"

    She looks at your group and whispers "It's true, he has this weird thing where he can remember voices.  Like all of them.  Every voice he's ever heard."

    "And I can also hear your whispers.  You're not as quiet as you think you are!" the voice shouts.

    Misty looks a little embarrassed and then speaks up.  "Um, I guess I'll take you guys to the boss then..."


  • Misty leads you through a door, down a hallway and towards the back of the building until you arrive at a large iron door.

    "Hey, ah, Boss?  I forgot the secret knock."

    You wait a moment, there's no response at first but a few seconds later you hear the sound of a latch or lock being opened.  The iron door opens just a crack.  "Let them in Misty, and then get your ass back to the front desk before I decide that this is the day that I'm sick of your dumb ass."

    "Sure thing boss," she replies, then whispers to you "he's really strange."

    "I heard that!"

    The door opens to a short, unlit hallway about 10 feet long at the end of which is another iron door which is also opened a crack with no sign of light peeking out from behind.

    You can't help but have a moment of doubt as you look down the dark hallway towards what looks like a dark room.  Then, almost as if he's reading your thoughts you hear the voice speak up.  "Come now, I don't have all day.  If I wanted to harm you I guarantee that you wouldn't have made it this far.  If George sent you, I assure you that you'll be ok."

    I rolled insight checks for all of you, you're all pretty well convinced that he's not being deceptive....although Plastalyn isn't quite as sure (he rolled an 8, the rest of you all rolled 13 or higher).  Feeling reassured, you walk down the hallway and push open the second door.

    The door opens to an opulently decorated room.  Unlike the furnishings that you've seen in other parts of this establishment, there's nothing cheap about anything in this room - at least not of what you can see of it.  The room is dark, there are no windows in this room and the only source of light is a globe that glows a deep but faint purple light..it provides roughly the same amount of light that the moon would on a typical night.  Once your eyes adjust, you're able to make out a few features in the room. 

    First, you can see a figure sitting behind an impressive oak desk.  He's roughly human-sized, although he's noticeably thin.  From what you can see he appears to be covered from head to toe, wearing a black cloak -with the hood up- over leather armour and long gloves.  The leather tunic that covers his neck extends up and covers his head as well so that only his face is exposed.  His skin is pale, but his eyes are bright and shine blue even in this dark room.

    "Welcome.  Please excuse my appearance and the lack of light.  I have a bit of a condition...my senses are hypersensitive...I need a chamber like this to allow my brain to relax and focus on business - which we should cut right to.  So, I heard that George sent you, is that right?"

    Flukes
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited December 2019
    -----------------
  • Social encounters are based on Charisma (highest to lowest) so our current social encounter turn order is:
    Aurelia (CHA 17), Stirling (CHA 16), Justus (CHA 13), Darcassan (CHA 10), Ragnuk (CHA 10)
  • You're 2nd up @Doctor_Nick ; You can keep your above post if you'd like, or change it based on what @Alkaid13 says if you want to.
  • Do I think that this man is a drow?
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Do I think that this man is a drow?
    I rolled a perception check for you...you rolled a 1 :( 

    It's dark in this room, you take a moment to try to get a better read on the man you assume to be Dio Darkrainbow but you can't really make out any tell-tale features that would help you to identify him.  Your best guess is that he's a pale, thin human but you're not totally convinced that you're right.

    @Doctor_Nick ; - @Alkaid13 didn't really say or do anything that would impact that you first wrote, so we'll go with that ok?

    @Hatorian you're up!
  • Aurelia

    Straight to business then, well Mr. Darkrainbow, we were informed by an.....acquaintance of ours that you were the man to talk to about our little rat problem. Also it appears my companions need a bit of rest and relaxation which they will gladly pay for. 
    Flukes
  • Justus

    so how do you know our friend George? 
  • Stirling

    Holds his hand in front of his face.

    "Are you?"

    Moves it behind his back, conspicuously.  
  • Stirling

    Holds his hand in front of his face.

    "Are you?"

    Moves it behind his back, conspicuously.  
    I'm confused by this, can you explain?
  • The Unseen Hand
    CretanBull
  • @CapeGabe @Flukes anything to add?
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk

    While not a master of subtlety, Ragnuk accentuates the point by making his eyes really big, then very deliberately winking while making a nudging gesture with his elbow in a "do you catch our drift" sort of way.
    CretanBull
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited December 2019
    Dio looks you over and listens to what you have to say.  

    "I am not George, but seemingly he sent you to me.  You must need something that only a man as powerful as I can provide you with.  Your mention of the vermin has piqued my interest."

    He reaches into a drawer in his desk and pulls out an hourglass and places it in plain view.

    "What I sell here is time.  Time is money."  With that he flips the hourglass and the sand begins pouring through.  "You have 5 minutes.  Not a second more."  He makes eye contact with each of you in turn, then settles on @Alkaid13 (I rolled randomly in roll20).  "You.  I want you to tell me why you're here and what you want from me.  Don't lie to me.  Lying is a waste of time, which makes it a waste of money.  Tic. Tic. Tic."

  • Aurelia

    Very well then, I’m uncertain how much you know about the current goings on in the shadows of this city but as it stands the entirety of Woodside and all of its people are under threat of total annihilation. The Rockbottom Rats have resurfaced as a fanatical death cult under the leadership of an insane ex-priest of Mormekar with plans to raze the city to the ground with an army of undead abominations. Normally we would have approached the local authorities with these concerns but the Rats have seemingly infiltrated multiple levels of society including the Falcon Guard and perhaps even the nobility thereby limiting our options for support. 

    Now, knowing that you are a legitimate businessman running a less than legitimate business makes me think you’re a rather cautious man who would be naturally resilient to an incursion of outside forces, especially one by unhinged suicidal cultists. Also we share a vested interest in preventing the ruin of this city, we of course would like to prevent the needless deaths of thousands and it occurs to me that you would like to protect your business interests. As I see it then there are two outcomes: either you assist us and we succeed thereby eliminating a dangerous underworld rival, assuring your continued operations in this city, and maybe even putting in a good word with the upper class who would no doubt feel indebted to the savior of the city; or you help us and we fail, I can assure you I’ll die before anyone has a chance to interrogate me so none of this ever comes back to you, and you can pack up shop and leave with none the wiser. 

    All in all, seeing as we’ll be doing most of the dirty work, what have you got to lose really?
    CretanBullFlukes
  • That’s a 16 Persuasion check if it’s needed. 
    CretanBull
  • Alkaid13 said:
    That’s a 16 Persuasion check if it’s needed. 
    I was initially going to make a roll for you, but your summary and speech that you gave was perfect so none was needed!  Additionally, I'm going to award the first inspiration die of the campaign to you!  At any point (until it's used) you can opt to give yourself advantage on any attack, skill check, saving throw roll.  Also, if someone else does something that you think its particularly worthy of 'reward' you can chose to give your inspiration to another player (you lose it, but they gain it).
    Alkaid13Flukes
Sign In or Register to comment.