Bald Move D&D Play by Post (Level 2): Players Only Please

145791014

Comments

  • I'm around, even if the forum isn't a lot of the time.  :)
    CretanBull
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, the forum has been problematic

    Stirling
    To the others in the party, discreetly when the twins are otherwise occupied
    "Sounds like a falling out between Dio's employees.  The question is who betrayed who? I'd bet on Sertak as the traitor at this point, but still only a guess."
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited December 2019
    Alkaid13 said:
    Aurelia 

    ”It does seems as if this Darrack fell in with the wrong crowd, nevertheless it doesn’t hurt to be cautious and between the seven of us I’m sure we could organize a watch system while still getting plenty of rest. If you could perhaps describe this veritable Gigantes it would help us know what to look out for.”
    Paxtrix speaks up.  "I agree, taking watch would be wise, even if my sister doesn't believe it to be necessary."

    Daxtrix makes a face and shrugs her shoulders.  "If you insist, but I'm going first or last.  I'm not waking up in the middle of the night to ward off a threat that I don't think is real."  She continues, "As for the big guy...hard to say really.  He was big.  I mean really big.  I'd just woken up and it was dark so I didn't see much other than his immense size.  He was probably 6'7 or 6'8 and a mountain of muscle.  The only other thing that I can distinctly remember was the death stare that he gave me. When he locked his eyes on me I lost my nerve and froze.  I'll never forget that."

    "He was riding off by the time I got out of my tent," Paxtrix adds.  "Even still, I could tell how big he was.  I couldn't pick his face out of a crowd, but as long as I live if I ever see anyone that big again I'm sure it will be him."

    ------

    You're free to ask any more questions of the two.  You should also come up with a watch order.  Daxtrix doesn't care when his turn is, but Paxtrix insists on going first or last.







  • Aurelia

    ”I’ll take first watch”
    CretanBullDoctor_Nick
  • Stirling
    "To your health.  Our thanks again for sharing your meat and fire."
    "That story you told, certainly seems a right kerfuffle.  Nothing else odd going on up at Nordcamp, just the usual gambling related shennanigans?  I like a good turn at a game of chance as well as anyone..."
    CretanBull
  • Justus

    ill take last watch. And hit the sack. 
    CretanBull
  • Stirling
    "To your health.  Our thanks again for sharing your meat and fire."
    "That story you told, certainly seems a right kerfuffle.  Nothing else odd going on up at Nordcamp, just the usual gambling related shennanigans?  I like a good turn at a game of chance as well as anyone..."
    Paxtrix speaks up. "For the last few months Nordcamp has been more lively than it usually is.  Normally it's just people like my sister and I up there earning a few gold hunting.  Apparently the crops haven't done well this season so a lot of farmers have turned up at Nordcamp looking to earn some coin.  That's caused a few problems."

    "Camp Commander Halton has done his best to maintain order, he runs a tight ship." Daxtrix adds.

    "That he does.  He's kicked out at least a dozen newbies over the last few months.  I heard that some of them have gone their own way and set up camps of their own in the forest. Theyllyne help them if they venture too far in and catch the ire of the elves."



  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    -- very crazy holiday season for me, but I'm getting back into my regular routine again --

    Ragnuk

    Just listening to the conversation - noting with interest the description that sounds like Calvin.

    I'll get a little rest in case this big man decides to visit. Aurelia, give me a tap when you want to shut your eyes.
    CretanBull
  • I think that I'll use the social turn order - Aurelia (CHA 17), Stirling (CHA 16), Justus (CHA 13), Darcassan (CHA 10), Ragnuk (CHA 10), Plastalyn (CHA 10) - as the ongoing watch order.  If you'd like to establish a new order that's fine but we'll go with this for now.  Ok?
    Flukes
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited January 4
    Each of you have taken your turns in the watch order.  @Flukes shortly after you've woken up Plastalyn for him to take his turn, you feel something tapping the side of your leg.  You wake up and see Plastalyn standing next to you.  He's got his finger held to his lips as if he's saying "ssssshhhhh!".  He points to a spot in the tree line that's about 30 metres away and whispers, "I heard something.  Coming from over there.  I don't think that it's an animal...I'm pretty sure I saw the moonlight reflect off of metal."

    @Flukes what would you like to do?

    Everyone else is still sleeping at this point.


    (For our American friends, a metre is just a little bit shorter than a yard so "about 30 metres" is also "about 30 yards")


  • There's a new map loaded in Roll20 if you want to consult it before determining your actions.
  • Stirling
    Sleeps hard.
    CretanBull
  • Plastalyn realizes that @Flukes is out cold, so he moves on to the next closest person to him (based on how I randomly place you guys on the Roll20 map).

    @CapeGabe As you're sleeping you're woken by the sensation of something tapping against your side.  As you come to you look up and see Plastalyn hovering above you.  He's holding his finger held to his lips as if he's saying "ssssshhhhh!".  He points to a spot in the tree line that's about 30 yards away and whispers, "I heard something.  Coming from over there.  I don't think that it's an animal...I'm pretty sure I saw the glint of moonlight reflecting off of metal."

    @CapeGabe what would you like to do?
    Flukes
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    -- Sorry about ghosting, I started my new job this week and our game just flew out of my head --
    CretanBull
  • edited January 8
    Darcassan

    I send Nym in the direction of the noise telling him to ID what it is and how many there are.

    I tell Plastalyn to wake the others and I cast Prestidigitation to put out the fire. I move North to the trees and rock for cover.
  • CapeGabe said:
    Darcassan

    I send Nym in the direction of the noise telling him to ID what it is and how many there are.

    I tell Plastalyn to wake the others and I cast Prestidigitation to put out the fire. I move North to the trees and rock for cover.
    I've made a perception check for Nym (9) and a Stealth check for you (4) in Roll20.  Ouch, sorry!

    @Alkaid13, @Flukes, @Doctor_Nick, @Hatorian ;

    Plastalyn begins to move around the camp, trying to wake each of you as stealthily as he can, but in the midst of him waking everyone a loud cackling voice booms out from the forest.

    "Hurry! Hurry!  It's time to scurry!" following by a chilling snickering laugh.  "Jenny Moonbitter doesn't need all of your bones.  Just one...yes, yes, just one person will be enough for me to make my soup.  Nominate one to die and the rest shall live. Think very carefully before you act, it might be the last thing that you ever do!" And with that a loud cackling laugh rings out into the night.

    By this time you're all awake and are armed and on alert.  At this point you can't see anything, but judging from the echoing of the laughter you can estimate that whoever is making the noise isn't close by.

    I'm not sure if this will be a social or combat scenario so rather than use one of the established turn orders I'm going to roll initiative in roll20 for everyone.



    @Flukes you're up.


  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk

    I move in the direction Plasty indicates and call out:

    I'm not trading anyone's life for mine and as for my bones - you're welcome to come here and try to take 'em!
    CretanBull
  • Plastalyn moves shoulder to shoulder with @Flukes and readies a spell as a held action.

    Daxtrix runs from her tent and hides in the bushes next to @Flukes and Plastalyn.

    @Capegabe you're up
  • Darcassan

    I tell Nym to look a harder.

    I ready a Firebolt if someone attacks me or the camp.


  • CapeGabe said:
    Darcassan

    I tell Nym to look a harder.

    I ready a Firebolt if someone attacks me or the camp.


    Nym can't try again until conditions change.  From his roll of a 9, you can make out a single figure in the woods.  It's less than 100 feet away and doesn't seem to be moving any closer at this point.
  • @Hatorian you're up
  • Justus 

    I quietly sneak to the west and try to enter the forest undetected as a means to flank whatever may be coming from the area plastyn pointed to. I also want to see if my dark vision allows me to see anything others can’t. 
  • @Doctor_Nick you're up!

  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited January 9
    Stirling
    Will peer in the direction indicated, seeing if he can make out an opponent to viciously mock.  If he can or cannot, he will follow Justus's lead and head into the woods as well.  


  • The cackling voice booms out from the forest.  "That's it my pretties, scurry, scurry and try to hide but I can see you all, each and every one of you.  The more you move the more I see of you, it's making it easier for me to decide who's bones will make the best soup."

    @CapeGabe at this point - through Nym - you can see a single figure moving towards the camp.  It moves very quickly but doesn't quite reach the camp.  You estimate that it's about 30 feet away.

    @Doctor_Nick it's at this point (thanks to an incredible preception roll of 22!) that you make out enough of a figure to unleash your vicious mockery.  You let out a torrent of taunts and insults and in reply all you hear is cackling laughter.  "I like you little one, but you don't have enough meat on your bones to be useful in my soup!  You just might survive the night."

  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited January 9
    Paxtrix pulls out his bow and hops up on a tree stump that was being used as a stool around the campfire.  The added height allows him to safely aim about @Flukes and Plastalyn if something should appear.  He readies his action to fire his bow if a target presents itself.

    @Alkaid13 you're up
  • Aurelia

    Lux

    I light my armor and move in the direction of Plastalyn

    Striga, you obviously never had a basic education, there are far more of us than there are of you. Leave this place or it will be your bones removed tonight!”
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Aurelia

    Lux

    I light my armor and move in the direction of Plastalyn

    Striga, you obviously never had a basic education, there are far more of us than there are of you. Leave this place or it will be your bones removed tonight!”
    As your light shines out and you join the others, you can vaguely make out the outline of a single figure standing in the woods at about the limits of your light spell.

    @Flukes you're up
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Ragnuk

    I step a little further forward and peer into the darkness (with Darkvision)  to try to catch sight of our antagonist. I ready my battleaxe and pose in a half-orc's idea of "deliciously"

    You're not getting your grubby hands on anyone here without going through me. May as well start here!




Sign In or Register to comment.