Season 5 teaser trailer. (SPOILERS)

Comments

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    No Bran this season yet 3rd eye crow and sight. Oh well I am very interested to see how much they get ahead the books this season.
  • The_SauceThe_Sauce Pleasant Prairie, WI
    I sincerely feel like unless they do some creative storytelling, the end of Season 5 will have us completely caught up to the books. I kow they have ways of stretching things about, but it seems like they will be cutting it super close being as there is currently no more source material for them to draw from after Dance.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    They will catch up to the books and since they know the big picture we will probably get spoiled even more this season. Book readers get ready to rumble. B)
    steph_b
  • http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-5-trailer-the-first-fulllength-look-is-here-10012801.html

New 2 minute long GOT trailer out , it's not the best quality but good to see a good chunk of the new season
  • hypergenesbhypergenesb Atlanta
    edited January 2015
    Better quality here:
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    holy dick
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    edited January 2015
    Can't Wait! I'm a book-reader, but I don't mind non-book stuff being spoiled, I just love the entire journey.

My desk-mates agree too.
  • Gonna be so many damn big changes... Not gonna spoil anyone but I really am curious as to what A.Ron will think about them considering his opinion on TWD remixing it up for TV.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Haha, we just watched it in studio. It's hilarious hearing Jim make predictions based on it not having read the books.
  • colleencolleen wisconsin
    Goosebumps! I love hearing non-book readers, like Jim, try to make predictions in the show as they watch. Hee! Speaking of the books, does anyone have any info on when GRRM is coming out with the next book? Has there been any whispers at all?
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Fire and Blood! Hell ya!
    Bad news Bean, I've been keeping up with it, and his publisher and editor have indicated not to expect in in 2015. :/ At this point, if it comes out, it will be a pleasant surprise, but I'm officially expecting it sometime before season six starts in 2016.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    My bet is 2017 or 2018 - sorry guys. GRRM has way too much now that his books went on TV. :'(
  • colleencolleen wisconsin
    Aw man, I hate that this may affect the show going forward. How are they supposed to keep up the show without the books? You know something funny is after I posted this question this showed up in my facebook feed from EW: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/01/30/george-rr-martin-wont-release-new-game-thrones-book-this-year It sounds like the show may go forward and potentially tell the story before the books come out, spoiling the books? I'm not sure how I feel about that...
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Bottom line - the show is the show and the books are the books. That's how I see things :smile:
  • Haha, we just watched it in studio. It's hilarious hearing Jim make predictions based on it not having read the books.

Sounds like we need a insta-cast for the trailer, which would consist mainly of Jim's predictions and ARon saying "mildly interesting."

• Haha, we just watched it in studio. It's hilarious hearing Jim make predictions based on it not having read the books.

What are your predictions? You think you know but dat don't mean you know, you know? ;p

Hmmm... I want to watch the trailer scene by scene and come up with a proper post for it, well marked for spoilers. I'll try to knock it out this weekend, deal?
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    podcast, podcast, podcast :D
  • Hope this is allowed but fair warning, do not click these links below if you don't want to be spoiled. I mean it. Don't do it. If you do, well, I guess we can all it the Red Spoils or something but it'd be your own fault. Anyway...

UNMARKED SPOILERS all books and all seasons including the upcoming 5th Season.

First link is a shot by shot description of the scenes from the trailer.

www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2u7c6t/spoilers_all_a_shotbyshot_description_of_all_67/

The second link is a (to be updated?) list of all known spoilers so far.

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2u96p4/spoilers_all_all_known_s5_spoilers/

• The trailer was awesome in IMAX. Dare I say, the best thing I got out of the whole experience. While it was cool to see episodes 9 and ten in the theater, it left me a little underwhelmed. I’ve never been a big fan of the battle on the wall episode. I enjoyed the Children much more.

And although they say that these two episodes went through the IMAX process, it still felt kind of subpar. It wasn’t really blurry or anything, it just felt like it was a blown-up picture. There are special IMAX cameras when you shoot a movie, and obviously that wasn’t the case here.

It was still fun though. I predict that season 5 will be the most divisive season yet. They’ve passed the books and we don’t know what to expect.
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    Hey A.Ron I'm a book reader and have watched it frame by frame a few times. I took some light notes, I'll watch a few more time and send in some predictions soon. This may warrant the first ever Bald Move Trailer Podcast.
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited March 2015

Figured if you hadn't seen this people would want to, got me pretty excited for the show's return

A couple of new clips just dropped too
    ksa1001hypergenesb
  • It's a nice idea for a poster but it's lazy. They just copy pasted Tyrion from the court scene, the boat from the Aryra to Bravos scene and the the Dragon controversy from Mereen.

• FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited March 2015
    Doesn't need to be in complicated to be effective, and this gave me a raging Throner .

GOT tend to keep their stills & print marketing pretty stripped back, like the valar morghulis stuff last year , but I am pretty partial to that style
    ksa1001hypergenesb