The Mandalorian - Chapter 3 SPOILERS

MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
Another solid episode. The army of jetpacking Mandos was pretty damn cool. I was paying attention for the Boba Fett lookalike that was spotted in Chapter 1 but there's a lot of motherfuckers out there that look like Boba Fett!
FreddyJoshoowaFlukesmanhattnikcdrive

Comments

• Another solid episode. The army of jetpacking Mandos was pretty damn cool. I was paying attention for the Boba Fett lookalike that was spotted in Chapter 1 but there's a lot of motherfuckers out there that look like Boba Fett!

It shouldn't be Boba Fett. Don't think he was a Mandalorian. Just took the armor from one he killed I think. 

This show does not disappoint. It is really good. Really look forward to Fridays now.
    Murderbear
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    CapeGabe said:
    Another solid episode. The army of jetpacking Mandos was pretty damn cool. I was paying attention for the Boba Fett lookalike that was spotted in Chapter 1 but there's a lot of motherfuckers out there that look like Boba Fett!

It shouldn't be Boba Fett. Don't think he was a Mandalorian. Just took the armor from one he killed I think. 

This show does not disappoint. It is really good. Really look forward to Fridays now.
    He was a clone of Jango, the one true Mando. I think he just didn't really care about the Mandalorian lifestyle.

But yeah, it's nice having appointment television on a Friday. First thing I do when I get home from work.
    CapeGabe
  • This is by far the best cinematic Star Wars media outside of the OT. There’s a few issues like why wear a helmet but need a flashlight. Surely the tech they have should have thermal. But none of that matters because the story they are telling is amazing and has sucked me in. 

Jesus and god are not real. 

But John Favreau and Kevin Feige are. We are in good hands. 
    MurderbearCapeGabe
  • I’m still fully onboard, but the potential problem Jim mentioned about the pilot continues to be a problem for me.

The fact that the protagonist might as well be an animate suit of armor is getting in the way of me fully connecting with the character and (by extension) the story.

It seems pretty obvious that they are setting up the first facial reveal of the Mando to be a big moment for the series. But, for the time being, it has me doing a little toe-tapping.
    sassyfontaine
  • edited November 23

It seems pretty obvious that they are setting up the first facial reveal of the Mando to be a big moment for the series. But, for the time being, it has me doing a little toe-tapping.
    Yeah, they seemed to be setting that up pretty hard this episode. Got to be last scene of the season. I hope they don't carry it any further than that. 

That being said for faceless acting I think he has done  a great job conveying emotion. 
    MurderbearJoshuaHetercdrive
  • I already know what Pedro Pascal looks like, so I’m not all that worried about seeing his face. Loved the ending to this episode.

It had a very John Wick type feel once all the tracking fobs started going off in the bar. Knew the save with the Mandalorians was coming, but it made it no less awesome. The western motifs continue, with the beskar steel saving Apollo’s life from the blaster.
    MurderbearHatorianrkcrawfcdriveBroRad33sassyfontaine
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited November 23
    I’m still fully onboard, but the potential problem Jim mentioned about the pilot continues to be a problem for me.

The fact that the protagonist might as well be an animate suit of armor is getting in the way of me fully connecting with the character and (by extension) the story.

My money is on him having to throw the helmet in front of Baby Yoda to catch a blaster bolt.
    Elisa
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    How do they eat?!?!?!?
    ElisamanhattnikBroRad33sassyfontaine
  • I thought the army of Mandos was ridiculously awesome!! Favreau knew what I wanted before I did. I also loved watching the disintegrations.

can we awesome Apollo put a tracking device on the ship?
  • I already know what Pedro Pascal looks like, so I’m not all that worried about seeing his face.
    This is... quite obviously... not the point.
    Elisarkcrawfsassyfontaine
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I will say that the final Mando flying up by his ship and saluting him was a bit cheesy. I would think he would be flooring it to get out of there quickly so, pretty impressive a dude with a jetpack could keep up.
    ElisarkcrawfDummymanhattnik
  • I watched with the captions on.  Pretty cool to find out why they all the one dude he tangled with Heavy Infantry.

Also- do we think the bounty guild dude calling the Mandalorian Mando is supposed to come off as cool or a little racist?  He's basically calling the dude Irish or the Limey (or worse depending on how ethnic you want to get with it)....
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I can’t help but recognize the Pedro Pascal in everyone of his lines. I love it. He’s doing a great job of conveying this character.  

Also that’s the worst idea ever! To have your precious metal currency then forged into your armor for all the killers and thieves around you to gawk.  Dude bust in there like Nas X like a fuckin’ walking Rolex looking like Robocop n shit. I couldn’t help but find that a little ridiculous but hey I am having a blast.  

Also couldn’t help but think “It is known.” - “It is known.” every time they did the “It is the way.” Haha.

This is the best cowboy movie ever. Walking with baby Yoda in the desert. The sunset shot with his space lantern.   The runaway wagon during the bounty hunter shoot out.  The raging bull with the horned creature and being pulled by his own rope.  

Ain’t shit to do in Midland - Odessa TX except get caught up on my stories, so I watched E2 and E3 back to back.  The Mandalorian back-up brigade was everything. Pure fan service and I don’t care. Inject it in my veins!  

redlancersassyfontaine
  • cdrive said:

Ain’t shit to do in Midland - Odessa TX except get caught up on my stories, so I watched E2 and E3 back to back.  The Mandalorian back-up brigade was everything. Pure fan service and I don’t care. Inject it in my veins!  

do the towns really shut down on friday nights for football games? as is Midland and Odessa both actual powerhouses in their division/state?
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited November 26
    No idea my brother. Just here for today and tomorrow but I can say it gets DARK at night. I bet HS football is the big attraction for locals. There are some theaters and bowling alleys.  ....just did a quick search. Well you taught me something. Yeah this is one of those close town rivalries that have been going ape shit for generations. Me I grew up a Schulenburg Shorthorns kid. Their big rivalry was/is Weimar Wildcats 7 miles away.  Big deal with all the ol’ timers in these small towns.  Shorthorns whipped ass in the 80s.  I remember the State game in the Astrodome. (Farm
    league... 2A div II) 
    Hatorian
  • I will say that the final Mando flying up by his ship and saluting him was a bit cheesy. I would think he would be flooring it to get out of there quickly so, pretty impressive a dude with a jetpack could keep up.
    Was this some kind of nod to The Rocketeer. Also a Disney product I believe.