Wu-Tang Clan on Hulu

edited November 24 in Other TV
Produced by RZA...Was expecting your generic biopic series, and it is that, but strives to be something better. I’ve seen the first season and I’m anxious for more. It’s a slow start with most of the core members in the drug game, and the series focus on RZA and Ghostface Killah. There is a lot of commentary on urban life and music business. But every few episodes, there is something unexpected and original...which is what I expect from RZA. The music is on point throughout, also as you’d expect from RZA. It’s very well-acted, and while prob sensationalized some, it feels credible.

Big P from Sopranos and Joey Bada$$ from Mr. Robot are in it. I can’t say I’d run out and get Hulu just to see it, but if you already have it and have any interest in hip-hop. I’d check it out. 

Edit: a criticism...while the show spends a fair amount of time with the female characters and gives them strong, positive voices, their motivations are mostly defined by the men around them. 
CretanBull

Comments

• I haven't had time to watch this yet, but it's very high on my list of things to watch next!
    rkcrawfcdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited November 27
    ^same!

the little teaser trailer with ODB free-styling has been stuck in my head for a few months now. 

edit:  This one....all over the Face Books....

rkcrawfCretanBull
  • edited November 27
    I hope it will be watchable on other services, too.

Zexy Magician wants to see it.

https://www.mess.be/inickgenwuname.php
    rkcrawf
  • Schlupp said:
    I hope it will be watchable on other services, too.

Zexy Magician wants to see it.

https://www.mess.be/inickgenwuname.php
    I looked, but I didn't have any luck. I was looking for something bc my wife was making me cancel Hulu! Nothing yet.

I found a similarly named series on iTunes, but it is a different show. Maybe after S1 has been out longer it will be available. I think it came out in September of this year or something. 
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    I watched the entire series as it aired and was pleasantly surprised. I would have watched regardless being a die-hard Wu-Tang fan, but the casting was very spot on and there was obviously some money spent. Can't wait for season 2.
    CretanBullrkcrawf
  • ksa1001 said:
    I watched the entire series as it aired and was pleasantly surprised. I would have watched regardless being a die-hard Wu-Tang fan, but the casting was very spot on and there was obviously some money spent. Can't wait for season 2.
    I really liked who they cast for RZA and Method Man. ODB is instantly recognizable, as he should be. The whole thing was pretty well done, however, I lost a few of the characters at first. Eventually, I got settled in with Dennis and Devine and some of the crew.
    ksa1001
  • I've had a chance to watch the first two episodes and I loved them!  
    rkcrawf