S10E8 The World Before

By walking dead standards I thought this mid-season finale wasn't the strongest, but it had short bursts of intensity that at least kept me engaged. But I was surprised to see that they didn't bother developing any of the other plots this episode, like what are Negan's intentions, is Lydia still in the wind, and who is on the other side of the radio calls? In any case i'm excited to see how they deal with the herd they found, nice cliffhanger for next half season. 
blue_sleeveredlancer

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    I thought this midseason finale was pretty strong.  Gabriel losing his mind and killing Dante (over and over and over again) took be aback and I watched, mouth agape, saying "omg... oh sh*t.. omg".  And then I thought that was the Gabriel moment that Jim & ARon would have appreciated had they seen it. :confused:

The cliffhanger was intense.  How the f are they going to get out of that situation???  There's no way they can kill that many walkers on their own.

I don't trust the woman on the other end of Eugene's radio calls.  I think she's associated with the Whisperers.  

I also think that this is the sendoff that we've (sadly) been waiting for for Danai Guirira.  I don't think Michonne makes it back.  (Wasn't she leaving this season?)
  • Michelle said:
    I thought this midseason finale was pretty strong.  Gabriel losing his mind and killing Dante (over and over and over again) took be aback and I watched, mouth agape, saying "omg... oh sh*t.. omg".  And then I thought that was the Gabriel moment that Jim & ARon would have appreciated had they seen it. :confused:

The cliffhanger was intense.  How the f are they going to get out of that situation???  There's no way they can kill that many walkers on their own.

I don't trust the woman on the other end of Eugene's radio calls.  I think she's associated with the Whisperers.  

I also think that this is the sendoff that we've (sadly) been waiting for for Danai Guirira.  I don't think Michonne makes it back.  (Wasn't she leaving this season?)
    Agreed, the Gabriel scene was one of the scenes that raised my heart rate a little. In any case I think the show has still for the most part managed to continue an enjoyable momentum since last season, it kind of makes me wonder if they spent more money on the "build" rather than the "payoff" which they tend to do the opposite which may save money. 
  • People are still watching this show? I had no idea. Have you read the instructions on a Shampoo bottle? "Rinse and Repeat"