109 - See How They Fly - Spoilers

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
Murderbear

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Dammit! I knew that ending was coming but I was powerless to stop it.
    calebthrowercdrivesassyfontaineFlukes
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    We got Lindelofed hard with that ending
    sassyfontaineOpusWhoFlukes
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I am the egg man! 
    darwinfeeshy
  • No doubt should be left about the ending, per Damon: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/12/watchmen-season-2-finale-ending-explained

i would have preferred he let the mystery be. 
    Murderbear
  • cdrive said:
    I am the egg man! 

Murderbearcdriveken hale
  • The series beginning and ending with Will Reeves in a movie theater was just

MarcimanhattnikMrXMurderbearsassyfontaine
  • Damn, what an ending to an amazing season of television.  Lindelof did an amazing job and I think the episode Angela lived Will's memories was my favorite of the season although episode 8 was fantastic as well. 
    rkcrawfMurderbearElisasassyfontainesaraej319
  • Great ending to a great season or series. 
    MurderbearElisa
  • Dammit! I knew that ending was coming but I was powerless to stop it.
    Yeah, as soon as she came home I knew we'd end with a cut just as Angela was stepping into the pool. No one does this better than Lindelof. I love it. 
    awookieeMurderbearrkcrawfmanhattniksassyfontainesaraej319
  • In "A God Walks into Abar" when Dr. M was making waffles, there was a flash to his conversation in the bar when he explained that theoretically he could put his powers into something that if consumed that person would inherit his powers.

Some people took this to be clunky unnecessary exposition since surely any viewer paying even a little bit attention would have remembered that. But really since the episode was from Dr M's POV it was reiterating that he is present for all of his experiences at once. Lindleof actually mentioned this in the new official podcast.

So ... maybe since Angela hears that same "flashback" when she is considering the eggs, it is meant to indicate that yes he had "spiked" the egg and she consumes his powers, and then starts to experience everything at once all the time.
    Murderbearsaraej319
    Saw this on Reddit last week and meant to post it and forgot. I think this nicely sums up Doc's relationship with time. 
    calebthrowersassyfontainedarwinfeeshyFlukes
    Also, and I know this is just a dumb TV show thing but, where the hell did Ozy get all those uniforms/plain clothes at on Europa? All the dead ones on the surface of the moon were clothed. All the live ones in the utopia were clothed. Did Doc just leave an infinite material generator next to the clone generator?
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Also, and I know this is just a dumb TV show thing but, where the hell did Ozy get all those uniforms/plain clothes at on Europa? All the dead ones on the surface of the moon were clothed. All the live ones in the utopia were clothed. Did Doc just leave an infinite material generator next to the clone generator?
    The same place he got food, oxygen and fresh water (which doesn't exist anywhere in the solar system except on Earth.)
    manhattnik
    I loved the Hooded Justice and Abar Marraige storylines so much, they could have had the Muppets take Manhattan at the end and I'd still have been satisfied. But as it stands, this was a fantastic ending to those stories.
    Elisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited December 2019
    Well, yet again I feel like that little kid screaming about the emperor wearing no clothes when it comes to Lindelof. This was... kind of a mess. I liked bits of it (the race stuff, the acting for the most part), but a lot of it was ridiculous. Sooo much of the dialogue was just exposition - “So here’s how it worked blah blah blah blah.” I don’t know if there’s supposed to be a second season, but I’m out. 
    JaimieT
    Saw this on Reddit last week and meant to post it and forgot. I think this nicely sums up Doc's relationship with time. 
    So he lives in the Bohr model of time? :)
    Murderbear
    The same place he got food, oxygen and fresh water (which doesn't exist anywhere in the solar system except on Earth.)
    Doc made all of that stuff. He made animals to eat, plants to harvest, water to walk on...all of that stuff was supplied in his contained society. I don't think he transported a textile factory though! Ha
  • Don’t think this will crack my personal top 5 all-time shows, but hot damn was it a mighty fine season of television that I enjoyed the hell out of from beginning to end.

Gonna continue working backwards and watch the movie next... should give some unique perspective on the events of the show.
    Elisaken hale
  • So if I understand correctly, when Lady Trieu met with Ozy in Antarctica to explain that she had sent a prob to Europa, she had already seen the message that Ozy made with the bodies? Meaning, she knew that he was going to be teleported there before it even happened? And then the object that crash landed on the farmland she purchased was the Ozy rescue ship? 
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    @gguenot I think it took a long time for the probe to reach Europa. So Ozy arrived there between the probe’s launch and its own arrival. 
  • gguenot said:
    So if I understand correctly, when Lady Trieu met with Ozy in Antarctica to explain that she had sent a prob to Europa, she had already seen the message that Ozy made with the bodies? Meaning, she knew that he was going to be teleported there before it even happened? And then the object that crash landed on the farmland she purchased was the Ozy rescue ship? 

She launched the probe looking for Manhattan before Ozy was sent there. She said she was surprised to see him when the images came back.

Assuming that the object crashing into the farm was Ozy returning in her ship - makes sense since she would know when it was landing.
    Elisa
  • MrX said:

Assuming that the object crashing into the farm was Ozy returning in her ship - makes sense since she would know when it was landing.
    Add to that the fact that she told the family they had a very limited amount of time to accept her offer... once she owns the land, then the ship is her property without question.
    Elisa
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I know Lindelof said no season two. But I want a season two just to see Angela fall straight to the bottom of the pool, come up for air saying "what the fuck" yet again, and then watch her son walk across the water to help her. At least that's how it would play if I ruled the world. I can't stand the thought of Angela being a main character again. 

#potentwaffles
  • Why did Cal imbue a random egg with his powers when he was making waffles?
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    To pass on his legacy, if Angela wanted it. Calhattan was purposely evasive about the things he would tell Angela, but he gave her hints. He wanted her to make her own choices.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    I don't know how someone found this, but if click on "canola oil" in the Peteypedia memo, it takes you to this:

The photo tag is "american-zero-story," lol.
    sassyfontaine
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    So let’s see if I got the science right. Dr. M was painfully zapped, his molecules scrambled, then reassembled into an all-powerful being in a lovely shade of blue. BUT those powers can be passed in an egg with zero side affects? I know it’s just a story but I need some consistency and boundaries in the writing. 
    JaimieT
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    So let’s see if I got the science right. Dr. M was painfully zapped, his molecules scrambled, then reassembled into an all-powerful being in a lovely shade of blue. BUT those powers can be passed in an egg with zero side affects? I know it’s just a story but I need some consistency and boundaries in the writing. 
    Well, there's no science behind the creation of Dr. Manhattan, so it's consistent in that way.
    Teresa from Concord