Spoiler crash landing on the Clark's farm

edited December 2019 in Watchmen
I loved this show.  
One scene I haven't been able to understand:  Why did LT so desperately need to buy that land off the childless couple?  I understand how there were a few thematic elements present, but from a practical plot standpoint:  if LT can land a ship rather precisely on Europa, why couldn't she do the same on earth?   (fyi: On the official podcast, DL confirms that was indeed Veidt crash landing and LT needing to buy the land for that reason) 

Comments

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited December 2019
    Sweshrung said:
    I loved this show.  
    One scene I haven't been able to understand:  Why did LT so desperately need to buy that land off the childless couple?  I understand how there were a few thematic elements present, but from a practical plot standpoint:  if LT can land a ship rather precisely on Europa, why couldn't she do the same on earth?   (fyi: On the official podcast, DL confirms that was indeed Veidt crash landing and LT needing to buy the land for that reason) 
    It was written that way - as you say - for thematic reasons.  I don't mean this in a dismissive way, but we can infer whatever reason we want (something went wrong, that's just how the ship works, differences in gravity between earth and Europa etc) and it doesn't really matter.
  • Because whoever owns the land owns what falls on it from space. She didn't want the Clark's to get the government or anyone involved.
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited December 2019
    Please don’t post spoilers in the titles of your threads, thank you. 
    Sweshrung
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    From an EW interview

Okay, so I assumed that it was Adrian, but it did not occur to me that the supervillain Lex Luthor theatrics were because Lady Trieu was caught off-guard and came up with a last-minute plan to get the Clarks to sell. I just thought she was being super extra.
    rkcrawf
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Please don’t post spoilers in the titles of your threads, thank you. 
    Apologies 
    Alkaid13