Cats Reviews Are In

I was not intending to see this movie but the reviews are kind of selling me on it. They are incredible

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/eckx4x/cats_review_thread/

Some headlines:
  • Cats is the worst thing to happen to cats since dogs.

• There is a thin line between idiocy and genius, and Cats pukes a hairball on it and rubs its ass all over it.

• To assess Cats as good or bad feels like the entirely wrong axis on which to see it. It is, with all affection, a monstrosity.

• It’s an ugly stray who smells bad and should not be invited into your home, certainly. And yet it is its own kind of living creature, worthy of at least some basic compassion.
  • In the autumn of 2015, I adopted two lovely stray cats while living in Berlin. After I took them to the vet to be neutered, they returned with upset stomachs due to the anaesthetic used. I left them alone for a few hours while I went to the supermarket – when I came back, in either a random tragedy or a deliberate act of feline revenge – one of them had managed to direct his explosive diarrhoea all over the bottom shelf of my bookcase.
    Naively I assumed this was the most abhorrent cat-related incident I would ever bare witness to. I suppose, in some twisted way, I should be impressed Tom Hooper has managed to best this horrifying visual experience with his all-singing, all-dancing abomination.
  • The most inexplicably bizarre film of the year, it's jawdropping for all the wrong reasons.
DoubleA_RonDeeChinaskiCapeGabeTheRealCrazyDavecdriveCecilyFreddyFlukesUnderwood

Comments