MR ROBOT FINALE 4.12, 4.13

Whatever happens, the journey has been truly amazing. Thank You Sam Esmail, or Fam Fesmail.
kojiattwoodElisaDoubleA_RonGredalBeePangs

Comments

• What questions would you like to be answered or are you simply allowing the Esmail mind fuck to wash over you and let the fellas pull their hair out? 
  • At this point I’m down for what ever kind of fuckery Sam Elliot gives us. 
    rkcrawfElisa
  • I want to know what happened right before the series began to make Elliot reset and forget Darlene.
    Elisa
  • edited December 2019
    I’ve been rewatching S1 and just starting the much maligned S2. I had forgotten how good the Shayla stuff was. Even the scene in S2E2 where Scott burns the money in the park is so good. Even if it’s obv from E1 that he’s in jail, it’s so well done. So many little details buried that don’t mean anything until the 2nd time around...this show was made for rewatching. 
    adobo1148ElisaDoubleA_RonTeresa from Concord
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Ya damn shoulda rewatched it before tonight. 
  • Btw, I thought it was 2 hrs at 10 ET. It starts at 9!!!
  • All the cars are white...
  • Darlene has to turn up eventually 
  • These commercial breaks are so annoying 
    rkcrawf
  • All the cars are white? Really?
  • Back to the future
  • Im laughing and shitting myself 
    GredalBee
  • I'm letting Sam Elliot's masterpiece blow my fucking mind like only he can. Holy shit what an episode so far. I don't ever watch shows live but this finale was a no brainier that I would be.
    bizmarkiefader
  • Fucked up Elliot has to masquerade as Well adjusted Elliot 
  • adobo1148 said:
    All the cars are white? Really?
    Yes. Until now
  • What the what the what. 

• Peeps said:
    What the what the what. 

I second what he said.
  • I liked it. I was worried for a minute that everything we saw wasn't real, but they ended the show nicely. 

Hello Elliot.
    rkcrawf
  • Wow, I’m all about that ending. 
  • I really loved this finale. That scene with Darlene is such a perfect ending. What an amazing show
    rkcrawf
  • All Im feeling is how sad the journey is over 
    PangsTeresa from Concord
  • I really loved this finale. That scene with Darlene is such a perfect ending. What an amazing show
    Sometimes the best scenes are two people sitting in a room talking. I heard someone say that before...

Excellent. Just absolutely excellent. I think they stuck the landing. 
    Peepsbizmarkiefader
  • I went into the finale 100% open to whatever and however Sam Elliot decided to wrap up this series and he did not disappoint at all. This was an amazing series start to finish. I understood people's disappointment with season 2 but I was unspoiled of the big twist until it was revealed and I think that's a big reason I enjoyed it so much more than most people. It sucks to see it end but I'm happy it ended on such a high note. Malek has my vote for the lead actor categories of the different award shows.
    rkcrawf
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    edited December 2019
    One minor complaint is we never found out what Whiterose's machine did.

Also, how often was real Elliott awake? Mr. Robot and Darlene made it seem like the Mastermind had him stuck in the loop for pretty much the entirety of the series, but who was the one that learned about Vera, which started the whole additional personality questions.

I think it says a lot about my state of mind that my three favourite shows from the 10s were The Leftovers, Mr. Robot, and Bojack.
  • I yelled at El-P unloading the truck. It's good to know that El-P is part of the ideal fantasy world.
  • UnibowlerUnibowler San Antonio, Texas
    Hunkulese said:
    One minor complaint is we never found out what Whiterose's machine did.

Also, how often was real Elliott awake? Mr. Robot and Darlene made it seem like the Mastermind had him stuck in the loop for pretty much the entirety of the series, but who was the one that learned about Vera, which started the whole additional personality questions. 
    Yeah, I would’ve liked some insight into Whiterose’s plan, but ultimately, I’m not too bothered about it. 

I don’t think the real Elliot was ever awake during the series. We came in right after rage-Elliot took over. So, it think he was the one receiving the info about his dad, since he wouldn’t have been privy to that already. 

rkcrawf
  • edited December 2019
    Masterpiece.  The way the BTTF references paid off and how they utilized the theater was brilliant.  I'm wondering if all the times Elliot goes to a theater or goes on some kind of trip (Alf)... if we're meant to understand that was the "Mastermind" persona taking a break.  It was gonzo in the moment, but I'm sure it all tracks.

It's really fucked up how Elliot imagined his Mom as an abuser, when apparently she was normal (?) and died alone not knowing why her son hates her.  What's even more fucked up is putting Christian Slater's head on a child's body.  Elliot carting off dead Elliot in a "self-storage" box was ghoulishly good, though. :D

There's more to say, but I'm reeling in a cloud of neon and synth at the moment.  I'm thinking it's one of the GOATS.  It's been a long journey on here, too.  Red phones and Craig Robinson seem like a lifetime ago.  Cheers to everyone who stuck around!

https66mediatumblrcom8c8828013854a68cb41c9b227af4e47ctumblr_pz0ecblWSM1urn713o2_540gif
    bizmarkiefaderrkcrawf
  • Absolutely Brilliant...

For those needing answers on Whiterose, read below (credit to reddit user SchroedingersElliot)

Mastermind Elliot and White Rose were like two sides of the same coin, yin and yang. Both were extremely unstable individuals who suffered a lot of traumas and carry grief with them, and wanted to change the world into something they believed was better. They sought to do it for different reasons through different means, but they are very much clearly counterparts to each other in this regard.
    As much as the Mastermind wanted to believe the fantasy he was in was real, as much as he wanted to make it real by seemingly killing the 'real' Elliot, this just goes to show you how deep this kind of grief and regret goes. How quickly and easily it can overpower you with a belief and fanaticism that becomes cult-like.
    White Rose truly believed she alone could play god, and somehow pick and choose which parallel universe she likes best, as if the version of her in that reality would be the same person as her. It isn't, that is the science fiction. But still, overcome by her grief, her regrets, and likely compounded by her final conversations with Elliot, she believed in it because she was desperate and didn't want to lose that too.
    Other people believed in it too, like Angela, and Grant. That was real. None of that is science fiction, nor is having the machine built... the fantasy is the control she believed she would have. And this is no different than all the times the Mastermind did something and thought he had complete control, but obviously didn't because that's not how reality works. Like he said in the ending, he was trying to play god without permission.
    White Rose needed to move her project to the Congo because she needed more power to get it to work to full capacity, whatever her full intentions and beliefs were. Congo was the logical choice, because of the fact coltan is used in the making of nearly everything electrical and power related. It made sense to move the project to where the resources are and take them directly, instead of having to deal with currency, trading, and negotiating with foreign militias when she could just go there and set it all up for herself.
    It's very likely because her project wasn't able to be shipped that it would have never worked anyway, even if Elliot hadn't shut it down, because of how much power was required. That is how alone and desperate she was, that she thought executing a half-complete project, which would cause a nuclear meltdown was a good idea, not because she wanted that, but because she ran out of time and had nowhere else to go. That was her life purpose from the moment her partner commit suicide. It is the centre of her character, framed against Elliot.

rkcrawfNaugustineUnibowlerawookieebizmarkiefader
  • Nailed it.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Definitely need to rewatch it all after a break. Whoa what a trip. 
    awookieePeeps