Worth coming back to Mr Robot to see the finale?

I watched Mr Robot from the beginning but tapped out halfway through season 3.  I have just seen some headlines that the finale was pretty good.  Is it worth me seeing just the finale to see how it ends, even if I haven't seen any of the current season?

Comments

• Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited December 2019
    If you tapped out on arguably the best season then probably not. Sort of requires some knowledge of S4. 
    Dummy
  • edited December 2019
    Alkaid13 said:
    If you tapped out on arguably the best season then probably not. Sort of requires some knowledge of S4. 
    I second what @Alkaid13 said. There's so much that happened to each character between Midway through season 3 and the finale that it wouldn't mean nearly as much as if you watched the series. It would probably be a severe letdown I would think, especially not having seen the couple episodes leading up to the finale.
  • Thanks for the feedback :)
  • I watched Mr Robot from the beginning but tapped out halfway through season 3.  I have just seen some headlines that the finale was pretty good.  Is it worth me seeing just the finale to see how it ends, even if I haven't seen any of the current season?

If you got tired at s3 not sure s4 or the finale wold do much for you. The overall characters/themes/styles are the same, so if you weren't feeling it before I don't think much has changed.

... Though I suppose the reverse might be true. I can't think of another show where I might say this, but watching the finale first, then going back to watch s3/s4 might actually be worth it in this case based on how it wrapped up and actually make s3/4 more interesting for you to watch unfold.
  • I wrote a whole long paragraph and it was wiped out by the forum problem. 

Short answer is it’s worth finishing and rewatching. I have it among top shows of all time with Breaking Bad, The Wire, and Mad Men.   
  • rkcrawf said:
    I wrote a whole long paragraph and it was wiped out by the forum problem. 

Short answer is it’s worth finishing and rewatching. I have it among top shows of all time with Breaking Bad, The Wire, and Mad Men.   
    I'm in the same boat with this show instantly jumping up my rankings to my top 5.  A huge part that made me love this show even more is the guys coverage and being able to pick up on all of these little things that I would have never realized or researched into to find the deeper meaning or all these ARGs that are baked into the show.  It was a hell of a story and and I'm really happy that Rami won an emmy for the 1st season and I hope he gets some award love for this final season as well.  Sam Esmail deserves some recognition and I'm in on anything he touches at this point. 
    Giovanni
  • edited December 2019
    Capn, If you put that much time into the show, I’d say power through it. End of season 3 ramps up and Season 4 is superbly acted and has serious character moments. Some don’t like everything in the season and you likely won’t either , but I think it’s one of the great television wrap ups. 

I will say, if you appreciate the character development and acting more than perhaps, specific potential “themes” of the show, watch it for sure. If you need to know what type of show you’re watching, I’d avoid it. Jim puts it pretty well in the penultimate episode’s podcast. Paraphrasing, but the comment was that one episode away from end of series, he didn’t know what type of show he was watching. Edit for clarification: I agree with Jim but for me, I was still completely invested because the character work was so good. I didn’t care what the category of show this would ultimately fall under. I do believe I know what it is now that it is over, but won’t spoil. 
    rkcrawf