Angel Heart (1987) SPOILERS

Huge Spoilers, please do Not continue unless you have seen it—-

okay, you’ve seen it?

What?!! So Louis Cypher was looking for Harry Angel the whole time? Harry Angel is Johnny Favorite, Then why didn’t Louis just take Harry when they first met? Why did he hire him to find himself? What the hell? 

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I saw this movie in 87 or 88 and don’t remember anything but Bobby D is the devil. I do remember it wasn’t seen as a very good movie at the time. So maybe why some parts are confusing.
  • seanray said:
    Huge Spoilers, please do Not continue unless you have seen it—-

okay, you’ve seen it?

What?!! So Louis Cypher was looking for Harry Angel the whole time? Harry Angel is Johnny Favorite, Then why didn’t Louis just take Harry when they first met? Why did he hire him to find himself? What the hell? 
    It has been a long time since I saw this film but I remember really enjoying it. I believe that Louis makes Jonny/Harry piece together all the evidence first hand to torment him (a devilish thing to do) as he had suffered amnesia in the war and Louis wanted him to really earn his suffering. It really puts you off doing a deal with the devil if he's going to treat you like that
  • I guess Lucifer wanted to set an example not to mess with soul contracts with the gruesome deaths of all the people even remotely involved. It's bad for the trade if humans just start to trade in stolen random souls. For hell spawns you need mint or near mint quality.
    bazjensterFreddy
  • Schlupp said:
    I guess Lucifer wanted to set an example not to mess with soul contracts with the gruesome deaths of all the people even remotely involved. It's bad for the trade if humans just start to trade in stolen random souls. For hell spawns you need mint or near mint quality.
    He definitely shouldn't compromise on quality... Or next thing you could getting the thrice watered down soul of a guy who had his heart eaten by a guy who had his heart eaten by a guy... Etc.