The Morning Show (spoiler free)

Is anybody else watching The Morning Show on Apple TV+.  I had a buddy over last night that logged into his apple account and we started watching The Morning Show and holy shit this is one hell of a show.  I don't remember ever seeing a thread regarding it and I'm curious if anyone else is watching it and if others have similar thought processes on it.  I think all 3 leads (Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, and Steve Carell) and doing damn fine work along with several of the secondary characters. 

Comments

• What is the premise? I heard mixed reviews, but my wife was interested in watching it.
  • Here's a summary that gives a little more info about what the show is actually about...

Alex Levy anchors The Morning Show, a popular news program broadcast from Manhattan on the UBA network that has excellent viewership ratings and is perceived to have changed the face of American television.  After her on-air partner of 15 years, Mitch Kessler, is fired amidst a sexual misconduct scandal, Alex fights to retain her job as top news anchor while sparking a rivalry with Bradley Jackson, a haphazard field reporter whose series of impulsive decisions bring her into a new world of TV journalism.

rkcrawf
  • Finished the first season as it came out, I thought the performances were great by all the leads, especially Jennifer Aniston. The story was rough at times for me but I think the finale brought me around to be on board for a second season. It was entertaining for me but I can definitely understand people who would not like this kinda show.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Decided not to get Apple TV+ so out of the loop? Is it doing well? Is it a good service?
  • edited January 2020
    Decided not to get Apple TV+ so out of the loop? Is it doing well? Is it a good service?
    Honestly I can't tell you as The Morning Show is the only thing I've watched but I don't think there's much buzz around any of their other shows.  The Morning Show got Golden Globe nods for the series and both Witherspoon and Aniston. I'll play around on it a little bit after I'm done with The Morning Show and I'll report back. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Out of the streaming services I used (AppleTV+, HBO, Hulu, Netflix, Shudder, & Disney+) I honestly forget that I have AppleTV+. But I've watched the first few episodes of The Morning Show and enjoyed it for the most part. The cost is so low, that I don't mind keeping it around for when something great drops. I will get around to finishing the season at some point. (I have also heard that Dickinson on Apple is pretty great.The trailers looked fun)
  • For All Mankind has been pretty good. It's basically Man in the High Castle + Mad Men + Apollo 13. I would say it's a solid B show.
  • rkcrawf said:
    For All Mankind has been pretty good. It's basically Man in the High Castle + Mad Men + Apollo 13. I would say it's a solid B show.
    That's the show I was leaning towards watching next as it definitely has an interesting concept going to it.  Thanks for the quick review. 

I've only got the finale left of The Morning Show and I've definitely calmed down a bit on it.  It's still a good show but I was pretty high on it the first half of the season.  I think regardless how the season finale goes it'll be a B grade, not must watch TV but certainly worthwhile if you're into this kind of show.  I still can't get over how amazing Witherspoon and Aniston look at 43 and 50, I could stare at their piercing blue eyes all day.
  • I enjoyed The Morning Show.  It was a good watch.  

If you have Apple TV+, I would heartily recommend checking out Servant.  I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've seen so far.  (I'm current.)  It's got an M. Night vibe (in a good way) and a nice level of creep.  Also, Ron Weasley.  
    awookiee
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Is anyone still watching this?  I just started it this morning after finishing watching Ted Lasso.  This show has a hugely talented cast, star-packed, and so far has been very well written/performed/produced.  I can tell just by this first episode why it has won so many awards.