1917 (Spoilers)

Thought I’d start a discussion thread for this. I thought it was excellent and the acting was top notch.

Does anyone know what happened to the the guy when he was knocked unconscious? Didn’t seem like he was shot, what made him fly back? Lost his balance?

Comments

• gguenot said:
    Thought I’d start a discussion thread for this. I thought it was excellent and the acting was top notch.

Does anyone know what happened to the the guy when he was knocked unconscious? Didn’t seem like he was shot, what made him fly back? Lost his balance?
    Watched it last night with my wife and thought it was brilliant... I said to my wife, I think the sniper was already dead and in fact he was hit on the rebound by his own bullet (off the wall the sniper was slumped against) and cut the back of his head as he fell... If not, I've no idea what happened
    gguenot
  • Amazing movie. 

First We got a dope IMAX Tenet trailer that wasn’t really a trailer. It had a prolonged sequence similar to what they did with Dark Knight Rises. 

Second this should win all the cinematic awards. Definitely Glad I saw this in IMAX as I’ve tended to lately just wait for movies to come out and watch on the couch. 

Third there was a bit too many coincidences but that was required with this “one shot” concept. It was so well done that I’m overlooking these. Like the troop train just right there at the farm or the fact they said it would take 6 hours to travel but he clearly doesn’t take that Long. 

Lastly I think the shot hit his helmet and knocked him back and the back of his head hit the stairs. 

gguenotbazjenster
  • I think the soldier might have got a glancing shot to the helmet that startled him and then he fell down the stairs. Really not sure though.
    gguenotbazjenster
  • Oops, realized too late that @Hatorian answered this....  so yeah, that. What Hatorian said.
    gguenotFreddyHatorian
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited January 13
    @Hatorian

Pretty sure the estimated time was cut down significantly with the "run recklessly through the village while getting shot at" and "float down the raging corpse river instead of marching beside it" cheat codes.

Speaking of that river, my friend who I watched it with is pretty certain he's been to that river, and said it flows west instead of east in real life.
    Hatorianbazjenster
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited January 14
    BTW, this song is hard to listen to it's so fucking beautiful:
    Makes me think of the first time I heard 10 Million Slaves.

Hatorianstrawb3rr1
  • There’s a screener out for this now. Second watch he clearly gets shot in the helmet. There’s a spark.

gguenotFreddybazjensterhisdudeness915
  • That picture is not indicative of the quality. It’s 720. 
  • Need help!! Just got out and loved it, but drank a ton of water at lunch during the movie. Ran out when he meets the girl underground and got back when he leaves her holding the baby. What did I miss?
  • @rkcrawf She tells him that the baby is not hers, she doesn’t know whose it is or what her name is. She asks him if he has a family and he dodges the question. A clock in the distance chimes 6 times and he realizes it’s time to go. That’s pretty much what I remember. I literally just got back from seeing it and agree with everyone here. It was amazing
    snoopfernee
  • He gave her all his food and more importantly the milk which the baby needed. But that’s it really. 
    snoopfernee