Natural Disaster Movie Marathon

Comments

• What’s everyone’s plans for the stream? For some reason I had it in my head that it would start from 12AM est Friday and end 12AM Saturday, so I was ready to stay up all night, but I have work Friday  :'(  so I’ll be checking in and out throughout the day but hanging out late 12AM- 12PM
    Michelle
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    gguenot said:
    What’s everyone’s plans for the stream? For some reason I had it in my head that it would start from 12AM est Friday and end 12AM Saturday, so I was ready to stay up all night, but I have work Friday  :'(  so I’ll be checking in and out throughout the day but hanging out late 12AM- 12PM
    Same. I have to work so I can afford my Bald Move membership.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I have to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from 7 am to 7 pm, Eastern, as it seems to work out every year.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited January 2020
    gguenot said:
    What’s everyone’s plans for the stream? For some reason I had it in my head that it would start from 12AM est Friday and end 12AM Saturday, so I was ready to stay up all night, but I have work Friday  :'(  so I’ll be checking in and out throughout the day but hanging out late 12AM- 12PM
    I decided to take the day off work this year, so I will be in my pj’s drinking coffee, watching the stream and probably playing video games.  You know, your typical super stressful day. :smiley:
    gguenot
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    @cdrive For #sacrificewatch you forgot about a scientist who works for Dennis Quaid. The older guy, who cuts his own rope after he falls into the shopping center.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Noel said:
    @cdrive For #sacrificewatch you forgot about a scientist who works for Dennis Quaid. The older guy, who cuts his own rope after he falls into the shopping center.
    Nice. Yes.  
    @Cecily @A_Ron_Hubbard @Jim does it start at 12am Friday morning or 12pm (noon) Friday?
  • @Michelle Noon EST on Friday
    MichelleCecilyFreddy
    Jim said:
    @Michelle Noon EST on Friday
    That's what I had thought.  Thank you @Jim!
    (and I promise you I won't order a pizza that has any pineapple on it :smile: )
    Jim
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Michelle said:
    Jim said:
    You don't want them to have the superior type of pizza? Wow.
    NoelMichelleCecily
  • I'm going to order them a pizza at 10PM
    Michelle
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    The schedule is lining up nicely for the movies that l like most and when I’ll be available to join the marathon. I’m excited!
  • Is there a official list and timings?
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Hatorian said:
    Is there a official list and timings?

@cdrive posted the listing and run times on the first page of this thread.
    I’m just grateful Titanic isn’t on the list. That’s a disaster movie for sooooo many reasons. 
    ChinaskiNoel
    Michelle said:
    Jim said:
    Jim got shafted the first year with that double pineapple deliciousness pizza (that I did NOT send).  :smiley:
    ChinaskiMurderbearNoel
  • Will this be on Twitch again? If so my Samsung TV lost the Twitch app, so I'll have to figure out screen mirroring from my cell or something.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Michelle said:
    Michelle said:
    Jim said:
    Jim got shafted the first year with that double pineapple deliciousness pizza (that I did NOT send).  :smiley:
    For real. Who sent that nonsense!?
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited January 2020
    Jim said:
    Thank God. I normally spend the hours before 11am CST working and masturbating. I'll be damn glad to get the worst parts of my day out of the way before The Event starts.
    Noelcdrive
  • Freddy said:
    Thank God. I normally spend the hours before 11am CST working and masturbating. I'll be damn glad to get the worst parts of my day out of the way before The Event starts.
    Is "The Event" the charity stream or the masturbating?
    JoshTheBlackCecilycdriveNoelMurderbearhisdudeness915
  • That is a pretty dense schedule.  I'm guessing runtimes posted by @cdrive include credits, but they add up to 22h51m, leaving only 6m54s between movies!
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    @JoshTheBlack , you can see the schedule here: groundhog.baldmove.com.  It's more dense that you think, there's  actually a 10-minute buffer before and after the stream begins, and NO time in between! 

gguenot said:
    On a work day will make this impossible. Never participated before. Can I jump in at any point? Can I donate anyway? 
    yea you can check in and out during the entire stream!
    One more first timer question. This is on Twitch? I haven't twitched before. Will it include the movie. Or do I need to find them on my own and sync my start with the guys.

I guess that's two questions.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Freddy said:
    Jim said:

Noel
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    One more first timer question. This is on Twitch? I haven't twitched before. Will it include the movie. Or do I need to find them on my own and sync my start with the guys.

I guess that's two questions.
    This will be on Twitch.  It's free, and you can watch on your computer, or download the app on any device including your TV if it's compatible.  You don't have to create an account to watch, but you should if you want to join in with the live chat!

If you've ever watched any of our livewatch videos before, it'll be the same.  The movie will be visible but obscured so you can sync up your watch, however it won't be watchable by any means and there won't be movie audio.  (We do this to avoid copyright strikes.)
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Maaaan, a really good friend of mine just asked me to pick her up from the airport at 10pm tomorrow night. That's prime Twitchin time! She's lucky I'm so damn nice!
    FreddyMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited January 2020
    I’m working overtime all weekend (ironically because of the bushfires) so I don’t know if I’ll get a look in. :-(

Also I’m old and need to figure out what Twitch is. 
    Michelle
    Dee said:
    I’m working overtime all weekend (ironically because of the bushfires) so I don’t know if I’ll get a look in. :-(

Right there with you @Dee!
    Dee
  • Maaaan, a really good friend of mine just asked me to pick her up from the airport at 10pm tomorrow night. That's prime Twitchin time! She's lucky I'm so damn nice!
    Make her drive back and watch it in the car
    MichelleNoelMurderbear
  • Dee said:

Twitch is if YouTube was primarily live streaming 
    Dee