Oscar's Pool

HatorianHatorian Dagobah
edited January 15 in Movies
anyone interested in doing a for free pool for the Oscars? similar to what we did for GOT?
pretty straightforward, 1 point for getting it right, most points win.

if you want to join just click the link below, enter your name in the column and select your winners....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sUYIgRXzzvVMEmZwtW_fIN99dYI8oSSb96ChVDRG2bg/edit?usp=sharing

ChinaskiMichelleRyanReeseman

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i'm in!
  • Chinaski said:
    i'm in!
    if you want to join just click the link below, enter your name in the column and select your winners....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sUYIgRXzzvVMEmZwtW_fIN99dYI8oSSb96ChVDRG2bg/edit?usp=sharing
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Hatorian said:
    anyone interested in doing a for free pool for the Oscars? similar to what we did for GOT?
    pretty straightforward, 1 point for getting it right, most points win.

I requested approval to edit the sheet so that I could insert my name & choices.
    Thanks!
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I requested too
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    me too

• sorry. i forgot to change to allow to edit. its changed. you should be able to just click on the link and edit cells now. 
    ok I've added my picks.

Sorry it took so long but half the time the forum isn't working. Is it just me? I don't go on as often because too many times I sit and wait for a thread to open to only NOT have it open (throws an error)
  • No it’s not just you. Other people have had the issue
  • Theresa you missed one award. 

For the rest just a reminder. We only have 2 entrants. Would like to get more. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I never watch award shows, but I made some guesses.  Do I need to save it?
  • edited January 21
    Just submitted mine.  There were quite a few categories I know nothing about the shorts/documentaries so it was more or less a guess but I think this is probably the best way to go about it.  How hard would it be to set up a second sheet for strictly the acting/directing/cinematography/movie aka the more well known specific awards?  Regardless this is awesome and thanks for setting this up @Hatorian
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    I'm in.  Guesses submitted.
  • awookiee said:
    Just submitted mine.  There were quite a few categories I know nothing about the shorts/documentaries so it was more or less a guess but I think this is probably the best way to go about it.  How hard would it be to set up a second sheet for strictly the acting/directing/cinematography/movie aka the more well known specific awards?  Regardless this is awesome and thanks for setting this up @Hatorian
    real easy to do just the main ones. but lets agree on what the main
  • we dont need to create a new sheet. will can just have 2 point totals. 1 for the main ones and 1 for all. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited January 22
    so i highlighted in blue the main ones. we will count these separate. 

1 best picture
    4 for the best and supporting actors and actress
    1 for director
    1 for animated feature
    1 for international feature
    1 for documentary feature

awookiee said:
    If there was a category I didn't know I just thought "what would @Hatorian do?" and voted the same.
    Hatorian
  • Hatorian said:
    so i highlighted in blue the main ones. we will count these separate. 

1 best picture
    4 for the best and supporting actors and actress
    1 for director
    1 for animated feature
    1 for international feature
    1 for documentary feature

The only one I would question would be documentary feature but that looks perfect to me.  I just felt like I was closing my eyes and pointing at the screen when I was trying to select for some of the categories because I'd never seen or even heard of many of them.  
    Hatorian
  • Pushes this up for one last go for anyone who wants to join
    awookiee
  • I had a friend of mine that doesn't watch a ton of movies ask me what I thought were the biggest locks for winning awards at the Oscars.  I told him the 2 I felt were a complete lock for their category is Roger Deakins for Cinematography and Parasite for Best Foreign Film.  I feel like a lot of other categories have very heavy favorites but those are the 2 that I would be absolutely shocked if something else wins.  Anybody else have any thoughts on that question?
    alright.. mine are in. thanks for putting this together @Hatorian
    Hatorian
    Shoot!  I forgot about this!  My choices are in.  Thanks Hatorian!
    Hatorian
    Quick question - why is Tom Hanks nominated as Best Supporting Actor when surely he was the lead actor in the Mr. Rogers film?
    Cory
  • Michelle said:
    Quick question - why is Tom Hanks nominated as Best Supporting Actor when surely he was the lead actor in the Mr. Rogers film?
    Matthew Rhys' character was the lead in A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.  The movie followed more about the man interviewing Mr. Rogers than Mr. Rogers himself.
    Michelle
  • Just so everyone is clear. When they announce the winner for a category I’m highlighting the row in yellow and then clearing the losers. 
    awookieeTeresa from Concord
    edited February 10
    I froza the first column and first row to make it easier for everyone to see their choices without scrolling back and forth. I also took the font down to make it all fit on one screen without scrolling if you didn't want to scroll. :)
    Hatorian
  • Close game. Awookie , Chinaskinand darwinfeeshy our TOP 3
    i'm on fire!
  • But that includes points for categories undecided 
    edited February 10
    Caleb & I are hot on their heels!
    Also, can someone tell Em he's probably at the age where pulling up his pants is a good thing? (good performance though & a nice surprise)