The New Pope - Ep.1 Podcast Discussion

CecilyCecily Cincinnati
edited January 15 in The New Pope
Podcast episode is here:

Youtube episode is here:

What were your thoughts on the episode?

Comments

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Should we use this thread instead for the New Pope? Will there be a new thread per episode? I'm hoping to provide feedback before you guys record the podcast. I definitely love the show but do hope the MTV opening for this episode is one and done.
  • akiaki
    edited January 15
    I liked the continuity from The New Pope.   Although the first episode felt a bit more like a sitcom on their 4th season?   Cardinal Voiello (Moleiello) and Cardinal Hernandez being played by the same actor (Silvio Orlando) almost playing as archival twins.  Viglietti being nominated as a puppet without a real vetting process (you'd think they would have learned their lesson from what happened with Lenny), then Viglietti going High Sparrow on them, and then dying.   It was funny, but perhaps a bit too silly?  I'm still going to watch the show since it was such a great experience the first time around.   I'm hopping Lenny coming back will make the show more interesting.

By the way, I just binge watched The New Pope AND binged the bald move tv podcast.   And I'm so glad I did.   It was super enjoyable!    We need more bald move tv with A.ron, Jim, and Cecily...   all introduced in no particular order at the beginning of the pod cast for good measure (try to go first each time Cecily!).
    Teresa from Concordken hale
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    I remembered this season in getting the podcast ready to post, that this was one of the first shows covered on Bald Move TV!  My, how time does fly. 
    akiTeresa from Concord
  • akiaki
    edited January 16
    I think at the end of it, A.ron mentions on his house keeping how they were getting ready to cover the walking dead!   Crazy.   Equally crazy how well those podcasts worked given that Cecily wasn't yet full time.   While I was binging these podcasts last week, I'm so used to having A.ron, Jim, and Cecily on lunches that it felt real natural.  When it got to the end and A.ron mentioned all those old shows they were about to cover I was reminded that back then Cecily had a different full time show and wasn't officially official.   So glad Cecily is full time and contributing more.   You are doing great Cecily!
    ken hale