The Baldies 2019 - Voting

CecilyCecily Cincinnati
The Academy of Bald and Move would like to thank you for being listeners, subscribers, club members, and fans first.  We truly depend on all of you to keep doing what we all love.  Since this is the only legitimate awards show in existence, we couldn't keep it legit without your votes - otherwise, we must quit.

Fill out the 4-question survey here, it should only take a few minutes so that Jim and A.Ron can consider your nominations for The Baldies 2019!
MattyWeavesMichelleDrCynPizHatorianKillert0astTravis

Comments

• kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Ok, I have submitted mine. You can close the voting now.
    calebthrowerMurderbearA_Ron_HubbardDrCynPiz
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Calling it now, The Leftovers win everything.
    FreddyCretanBullCapeGabeA_Ron_HubbardKillert0astTravis
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Calling it now, The Leftovers win everything.
    In the wrong year and from beyond the grave!? That's soooo Leftovers.

MattyWeavesMurderbearA_Ron_HubbardKillert0ast
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    When the survey says premiered does that mean 2019 has to be its first season? Or is it any season of any show that aired in 2019? 
  • Anything that aired in 2019
    DrCynPiz
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Done.  I really wish you would have covered The Crown on Bald Move TV.  It's so good. 
    FlukesA_Ron_Hubbard
  • Done and done! You should pin this so it stays up top.

Voting is great and all, but I humbly suggest a new way of choosing the winners next year:

BrieanneJaimieTJoshTheBlackFlukesNoelKillert0astmft9186
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    @Teresa from Concord
    Any show/movie that started in 2019.  If it started on Dec. 12 and ran through 2019, it doesn't count.

There were also a couple of considerations we had that were ruled out because the show/movie came out in late 2018 and was covered in early 2019 by Bald Move - but the standard is that it had to have happened in 2019.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    The first question was unclear enough I just voted for Succession, even though BM didn't cover it. When in doubt!
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    JaimieT said:
    The first question was unclear enough I just voted for Succession, even though BM didn't cover it. When in doubt!
    What?  I thought it was pretty clear...what's your favorite TV drama.  That's it!
    JaimieT
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Cecily said:
    JaimieT said:
    What?  I thought it was pretty clear...what's your favorite TV drama.  That's it!
    I might be wrong, but I think @JaimieT might be asking if it needs to be a show that was covered.
    FlukesJaimieT
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I should have waited to see the discussion. I'm already dissatisfied with my ballot.
    Ah, I didn't know a non-BM show could win a Baldie. 
    edited January 16
    Flukes said:
    I should have waited to see the discussion. I'm already dissatisfied with my ballot.

NoelKillert0astFlukesTxSandMan
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    JaimieT said:
    Ah, I didn't know a non-BM show could win a Baldie. 
    Judging from previous years, a non-BM show can win, but its chances are definitely reduced, particularly if one or both of the guys haven't seen it.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    They wouldn't have a comedy category if it was BM only shows.
    Cory
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I have no idea who to even nominate in that category.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Cory said:
    The Good Place!
    Barry!
    Murderbearkuman07Freddy
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Haven't seen either of those...
  • I nominated Rick & Morty for both # 2 & 3.
  • Cory said:
    Plenty of good comedies ... you've got some catching up to do!

Fleabag, Barry, The Good Place, Veep, Brooklyn 99, Bojack Horseman, Russian Doll (kindof a comedy I think?)
    Noel
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Cory said:
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
    Flukes
  • Cory said:
    Fleabag!  If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it!
    NoelTomalexwhithamMichelle
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I've seen about a half dozen episodes of Fleabag, and none of the others. 
  • #3 was a tough one because there was at least a little coverage of all the things I would have wanted. I also haven't gotten to season 2 of Succession so I don't know if that would have been my choice. I went with The Boys because there wasn't enough coverage of it. 
    Dee
  • If just like to remind the academy of Bald Move members not to forget about “What we do in the shadows” it came out in the beginning of the year but it was the best comedy. Taiki Waititi has had a hell of a year. 

Maybe that’s a new category. “Man or Woman who won the year”

he would be up there with JoJo Rabbit, What we do, IG11, Rick and Morty, etc 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Hatorian said:

Maybe that’s a new category. “Man or Woman who won the year”
    Or child. 

HatorianMurderbearMrXMattyWeavesCecilyMichelleTeresa from ConcordKillert0astNoelgguenotand 1 other.
  • Haha baby Yoda wins everything. 

But seriously maybe there should be a “baby Yoda” award. Given to whichever character steals the hearts of millions and is just the greatest creation of the year. 
    DeeMichelle

• Cecily said:
    The Academy of Bald and Move would like to thank you for being listeners, subscribers, club members, and fans first. 
    I would like to know if I’m a voter for the Bald part or the Move part..big difference in my eyes. ;)