The Circle - Netflix

MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
Is anyone else watching this? Definitely not my normal type of show but I am 6 episodes in and I am enthralled. It's somehow reeled me in (like a big ol catfish) and I'm loving it so far.

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Well, I certainly didn't expect to thoroughly enjoy a reality game show about social media, but here we are. I'm guessing no one is interested but I would say it's worth your time. Surprisingly heartwarming and human.
  • YES YES YES!!!! Found this show because of Rob has a podcast and was so glad I checked it out. I finished it all in about four days and I loved the final five so much. Definitely can't wait for the next season and to catch up with the British version.
    Murderbear
    I was surprised how much I ended liking Broey Joey. Ha
  • Me too to be honest
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    haha i got sucked in. it's like throwing Big Brother, The Real World, Catfish and Social Media in a blender :D
    Murderbear
  • Broey Joey doesn’t have the cadence of any human 
    ChinaskiMurderbear
  • CIRCLE! SEND A MESSAGE TO SHOOBY: BRO, YOU ARE A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR, KEEP IT 100. HASHTAG WEBROINGITUPTONIGHT. AND GIVE ME A COUPLE PURPLE GUYS! SEND!!!
    Murderbeargguenot
    CIRCLE! SEND A MESSAGE TO SHOOBY: BRO, YOU ARE A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR, KEEP IT 100. HASHTAG WEBROINGITUPTONIGHT. AND GIVE ME A COUPLE PURPLE GUYS! SEND!!!
    Hahahaha perfect!

I love Shooby
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited January 21
    God, I almost fell off after being mesmerized through the first 5 or so episodes. But, I am glad I stuck it out and finished. Some are insufferable contestants, but I was really surprised how much I cared by the end of the thing. I maintain that some of those people that were catfishing are low grade sociopaths. 
    Murderbear
    Yeah, that was the magic of the show. I saw the icon on Netflix and was bored and thought, ehh, fuck it. Next thing I know I'm halfway through the series and absolutely invested in every character.

Minor spoilers but honestly, whatever, I was pretty happy the final five were from the original group of people. The more they were adding towards the end made me worried someone new might sneak in and win at the very end and not work for it like everyone else had up to that point.

Also, as annoying as Broey Joey was at the beginning, Adam/Alex was a million times worse. He was just gross.
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    I thoroughly enjoyed this show, despite normally hating all "reality" shows that aren't Penn & Teller Fool Us.

So the winner got $100k.  After the show ended, there was a twitter poll for audience favorite.  The winner got $10k.  The winner was
    Sammie
    Murderbear