Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 10 **SPOILERS**

calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
edited January 21 in Other TV
What did everyone think of the season 10 opener? I thought it was a good start to the new season. Leon continues to be hilarious and Larry wearing a MAGA hat to keep people away had me in stitches. I'm glad to have some stupid Larry David comedy back!
ChinaskiFreddyDummyMurderbear

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i was cracking up. glad it's back too! 'when he tells Ted Danson something like.. 'no need to call when you land. if the plane crashes i'm sure we'll hear about it..' had me rolling :D
    Freddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Oh man, Jeff as Weinstein is fucking genius. That alone would have made it a great episode. But good God, I'm half tempted to commission a Larry David in MAGA hat painting.
    DummyChinaski
  • Excellent first episode, I loved every second of it. 
    Chinaski
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeah, I remember being mostly disappointed in last season's. The only thing I'll say is I usually like Larry when there is truth to what he is saying and he isn't just being a jerk for comedy's sake. I guess the best example I can think of is him breaking that Selfie stick. Are those annoying as hell? Absolutely. But it just isn't as funny to me.

The season premiere was really solid though. I missed this show. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I am still loving this season but is it just me or is the cringe factor even higher than normal? Obviously this show lives in that zone but it feels ALMOST too much at times. Maybe it's the main subject matter they are tackling, I don't know. Still makes he laugh like crazy though.
    i really liked the first episode, but the last 2 have fell flat for me (except for Leon biting into the fake apple). the guest stars are suppose to start pouring in so i hope that picks it up for me.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    And I know this is a terrible thing to say but Richard Lewis might be getting too old for this. I know he's a legend and everything but his performances are not so great anymore.
  • Was kind of surprised that they mentioned that Funkhowser was in China.  I wonder if they'll do anything with that since obviously Super Dave has passed away.  I'm loving all of Larry's interactions with the lawyer.
    I winced at the mention of Funkhowser. He was always a fave of mine. They walked that tightrope with Larry’s relationship, where they’d be perfectly friendly one episode and enemies the next. 
    edited February 6
    i miss the Funkman :'(. one of my fav scenes is when he told Jerry that joke in season 7 :D
    MurderbearFreddy
    edited February 6
    Larry is so disgusted with him in that scene. Man, I need to rewatch the series. This show also proves to me that Larry was the real genius of Seinfeld and Jerry was just the face of the operation. 
    Chinaski
    edited February 10
    "Go back to your little hovel with your un-brushed teeth!"

"I see you met my friend Larry" "Good guy"
    Chinaski
    I am really loving this season. But it does seem like his behavior is more reprehensible than normal. Especially the gum bit at the very beginning. 
    Chinaski
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    Thought you might enjoy this, or *not*, as the case may be.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1227040292060180481
    calebthrowerChinaskiMurderbearDummyCretanBull
  • The man has such an amazing ability to write commentary on stupid mundane shit that makes no sense. He’s fake fruit basket stuff is the best of the season so far. 
    edited February 11
    holy crap, that last episode was so damn good. great rebound from the last 2 eps. and it was like 45 mins long!. Ted was so salty and his scenes had me going 'ohhhh shit!' and cracking up. first showing up unexpected when LD is brushing his teeth, LD interrupting breakfast, and the big reveal of what happened to LD's glasses cleaning cloth :D 

next episode looks guest star heavy too. Vince Vaughn, Isla Fisher and Clive Owen!
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited February 11
    Do we think Trump watches curb? And doesn't realize they're making fun of MAGA?

MrX said:
    Do we think Trump watches curb? And doesn't realize they're making fun of MAGA?

"Pretty... pretty good. Could use more wrestling..."
  • Freddy said:
    "Go back to your little hovel with your un-brushed teeth!"

I was cracking up at this line.  Susie is probably one of the few characters in tv history that could make the words "with your un-brushed teeth" sound like a major insult.

Also, I agree that the thing with the gum at the start at the episode is just unrealistic, even for Larry's standards.  If someone tried to do that to Larry, he'd throw a fit so it seems a little out of place that he'd asked someone to throw out his used gum (even in a wrapper).

What I didn't quite get is what happened to the luggage on the trip to Caboe?  Did Larry not have it arranged to be shipped or something?  Like, I can't imagine they just dumped luggage in some random spot and that was the end of it.  Needed a little more follow up with that one.  At least at the end of the episode, you know Larry will make arrangements for himself and his luggage and beans to get back home.