Coronavirus / COVID-19

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    dang @Alkaid13 - did you or have you been tested? take care of yourself and sending positive vibes your way.
    Alkaid13Giovanni
  • Yeah test came back positive. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Alkaid13 said:
    Predictably, my coworkers lack of self-preservation has finally come around to bite me and now I’m sick. 
    Damn it. Hope you just have the mild version. Fuckers. :-(
    ChinaskiAlkaid13Giovanni
    oh man, hang in there bud.
    Alkaid13
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Alkaid13 said:
    Yeah test came back positive. 
    Well fuck. Keep us posted. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
    ChinaskiAlkaid13
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Alkaid13 said:
    That really sucks. People are so selfish. I could tell you were taking it very seriously and still got fucked. Hope you recover well.
    Alkaid13Chinaski
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Alkaid13 said:
    Aw, so sorry to hear this!  Please take care of yourself.  I hope this passes for you very soon. :cry:
    ChinaskiAlkaid13
  • Alkaid13 said:
    So sorry to hear that. I hope you have a quick and easy recovery. It blew through the entire family of one of my sister's coworkers and thankfully they were all okay.
    Alkaid13
  • Ditto to all above - take care of yourself!
    Alkaid13
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @Alkaid13 so sorry, man.  We're all pulling for you.  
    Alkaid13
  • @Alkaid13 ugh, I’m sorry. Wishing you a fast recovery. Please keep us posted.
    Alkaid13
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Predictably, my coworkers lack of self-preservation has finally come around to bite me and now I’m sick. 

Fuck man. Lame. Hope you get better. I’m in hotel quarantine for 14 days. No human contact. Should be fun. 
    Alkaid13
  • DeeDee Adelaide

I’m in hotel quarantine for 14 days. No human contact. Should be fun. 
    Don’t have sex with any hotel security! Victoria learned that lesson the hard way. 
    NoelFreddyHatorianAlkaid13
  • Can’t even have contact with anyone. They drop off your food and stuff and knock and run. 
    Freddy
    edited August 2020
    My mom had a minor heart attack last night (NSTEMI, if anyone here is in the medical field) and was admitted into the hospital.  Due to Covid restrictions, none of us can visit her.  I've been upset and stressed over this virus and all of its many different effects (physical, emotional, economical, professional, etc) for a long while now, but I didn't think I'd be one of the many people who have had to say that they had a parent in the hospital who is laying there alone & probably lonely.  I know she's getting excellent care, but they (probably understandably) won't even allow one person go to in for even a 5 minute visit, not even if they're temp-checked and wearing a mask, etc.

This needs to end, and it needs to end soon.

(Edited for spelling.)
    Jenny
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    @Michelle That’s a huge bummer Michelle. I hope your mother recovers quickly and you are able to see her sooner than later.
    ChinaskiMichelleGiovanni
    that's really unfortunate @Michelle.  hope your mom has a speedy recovery and your able to be by her side real soon.
    MichelleGiovanni
    @Chinaski, @Noel thank you both :heart:
    NoelChinaski
  • Hope she feels better soon and can come home @Michelle. Covid really complicates everything.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
     <3 @Michelle y’all will get thru this.  So sorry...can’t begin to imagine how stressful that is.  
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Oh no, @michelle, how awful. I hope your mum is okay. <3
  • Thinking of you and yours @Michelle
  • Praying for the best outcomes!
  • @Hatorian - sorry you’re quarantined with no human contact! Hope you have plenty of stuff to keep you entertained. I once had to do a shorter no contact thing because a radioiodine treatment for thyroid cancer made me radioactive and dangerous to others! It was weird but I’m an introvert, so I didn’t mind too much. Hope it goes smooth for you.
    Hatorian
  • Marci said:
    @Hatorian - sorry you’re quarantined with no human contact! Hope you have plenty of stuff to keep you entertained. I once had to do a shorter no contact thing because a radioiodine treatment for thyroid cancer made me radioactive and dangerous to others! It was weird but I’m an introvert, so I didn’t mind too much. Hope it goes smooth for you.
    Oh jeez. I hope you are all recovered and well from that experience..I can’t complain at all. People have it a lot worse than me. I have my health and a decent hotel room with TV, internet, AC and room service. It could be a lot worse. I’m just re-watching a few shows and reading some books. 

These 3 shows keeping me occupied..

the Office
    it’s always sunny in Philadelphia 
    Recess (classic! I forgot about this show growing up)

Alkaid13MarciJenny
    @Marci, @cdrive, @Dee, @JoshuaHeter, @Hatorian thank you :heart:

I spoke with her today and she wasn’t feeling as bad as last night, but of course they do have her on meds etc.  Taking this day by day.  Thanks again to you all for your love right now.
    DeeHatorianNoelJoshuaHeterAlkaid13ChinaskiGiovanniJenny
  • I'd sure like to hear that @Alkaid13 is doing okay.
    MichelleJoshuaHeterAlkaid13NoelChinaski
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited August 2020
    Feel like shit but otherwise not dead. Hope your mom feels better @Michelle
    Giovannitom_gJenny
    Alkaid13 said:
    Feel like shit but otherwise not dead. Hope your mom feels better @Michelle
    Thanks.  We found out there is a second issue that they found while examining her yesterday, but we are still hopeful that she will make it out of there within the week.

I'm really pulling for you to recover quickly.  Rest, hydrate, binge some good tv. :) :heart:
    JoshuaHeter
  • So, it appears clorox was only part one of the therapy . . . Now there is a plant extract?