Coronavirus / COVID-19

Comments

• I've said this to family for some time - America wants football, America NEEDS football.  Goodell should make the same plea.

https://sports.yahoo.com/alabama-ad-pleads-with-students-to-wear-masks-if-they-want-college-football-020416765.html
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Forget TP

we need rats and worms!

I went to the Reptile store to get a juicy rat for Mr Snake and some fat worms for Butch The Bearded Dragon.I guess there is a shortage. This has happened before on cockroaches last year. Sometimes times breeding them doesn’t work and they fall behind.  So this time the clerk says the COVID has made it so people have more time to fish and worm supplies are short. Really? Anyway not sure how the rats fit in. But this is the thing I went to get a new Xbox controller and very hard to get. I hear if you want a console machine good luck. I guess sitting at home has driven up the market on tech. I’ve been doing woodworking in my spare time and that stuff is being bought up. Great time to own a hobby shop if you can keep above the lock down. 
    nstinson
  • Michelle said:
    My mom had a minor heart attack last night (NSTEMI, if anyone here is in the medical field) and was admitted into the hospital.  Due to Covid restrictions, none of us can visit her.  I've been upset and stressed over this virus and all of its many different effects (physical, emotional, economical, professional, etc) for a long while now, but I didn't think I'd be one of the many people who have had to say that they had a parent in the hospital who is laying there alone & probably lonely.  I know she's getting excellent care, but they (probably understandably) won't even allow one person go to in for even a 5 minute visit, not even if they're temp-checked and wearing a mask, etc.

This needs to end, and it needs to end soon.

(Edited for spelling.)

Mom broke her hip on Saturday night and is having surgery today and has had to be alone at the hospital :-\
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @nstinson sorry to hear, man. Hope she can recover and get back home soon. 
    MichelleNoelGiovanni
  • MichelleMichelle California
    nstinson said:
    Michelle said:
    My mom had a minor heart attack last night (NSTEMI, if anyone here is in the medical field) and was admitted into the hospital.  Due to Covid restrictions, none of us can visit her.  I've been upset and stressed over this virus and all of its many different effects (physical, emotional, economical, professional, etc) for a long while now, but I didn't think I'd be one of the many people who have had to say that they had a parent in the hospital who is laying there alone & probably lonely.  I know she's getting excellent care, but they (probably understandably) won't even allow one person go to in for even a 5 minute visit, not even if they're temp-checked and wearing a mask, etc.

(Edited for spelling.)

Mom broke her hip on Saturday night and is having surgery today and has had to be alone at the hospital :-\
    Oh, I’m so sorry.  I know exactly how you’re feeling right now.  I hope her surgery goes well and she recovers quickly. :heart:
    nstinson
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    @nstinson- hope your moms surgery goes smoothly and she has a speedy recovery.
  • Damn man. My mom broke her hip ages ago and it was rough. Long recovery. Hope all the best 
  • @Michelle our hospital has starting letting family come in one at a time. I'm in Philly but hopefully they'll start up soon where you are. Also, we tried to do a lot of facetime or zoom,if she's able, and while its not perfect, sometimes its just comforting for families to see the patient "face to face." Sending you good thoughts! 
    cdriveNoelMichelleGiovanni
  • @Alkaid13 sorry to hear that. There was a big staff outbreak in our unit and I was one of the unlucky ones to get it. I'm really strict about my PPE too so I was upset that other people weren't taking this as seriously. Hopefully you'll have a mild case and be out as soon as the 14 days is up. Laying on your stomach helps so much! Sending good thoughts❤
    DeeGiovanni
    Jenny said:
    @Michelle our hospital has starting letting family come in one at a time. I'm in Philly but hopefully they'll start up soon where you are. Also, we tried to do a lot of facetime or zoom,if she's able, and while its not perfect, sometimes its just comforting for families to see the patient "face to face." Sending you good thoughts! 
    Thanks, @Jenny!  I'm glad family can see their loved ones there.  It's hard to not see her, but I understand why, and at least I can call her.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Michelle said:
    nstinson said:
    Michelle said:

(Edited for spelling.)

Oh, I’m so sorry.  I know exactly how you’re feeling right now.  I hope her surgery goes well and she recovers quickly. :heart:
    Sorry to hear that.  Can you at least do phone calls, or texts or something?
  • Checking in with everyone...
    @Michelle and @nstinson, how are your moms doing?
    How are you feeling @Alkaid13?
    How's quarantine @Hatorian?
    How's everyone else doing?
    I got my job back last week, so that's a good thing. Everything else here is pretty much the same - staying in mostly, wearing a mask when we can't. I'm wishing for cooler weather because I'd love to get outside more, but it's so damn hot and humid. Makes me dream of fleeing for a life in the mountains somewhere!
    cdriveGiovanni
  • Still feel bad 
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Still feel bad 
    Sorry to hear that. Hang in there. I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Giovanni
  • Happy you got your job back! I’m doing my test today and if it’s negative I think I should get out in the next 1-4 days.. fingers crossed. I really wish though they used that test on an essential worker. I’ve been in quarantine for 10 days now and I know it’s 14 day incubation but 99% sure I don’t have it
    MarciGiovanni
    Marci said:
    Checking in with everyone...
    @Michelle and @nstinson, how are your moms doing?
    How are you feeling @Alkaid13?
    How's quarantine @Hatorian?
    How's everyone else doing?
    I got my job back last week, so that's a good thing. Everything else here is pretty much the same - staying in mostly, wearing a mask when we can't. I'm wishing for cooler weather because I'd love to get outside more, but it's so damn hot and humid. Makes me dream of fleeing for a life in the mountains somewhere!
    Thanks for asking, @Marci.  She was released yesterday and is home resting.
    She has to have stents put in, and also has kidney issues & has had a port put into her arm, since the stress of that surgery is going to throw her kidneys into chaos (apparently) and kickstart her need to have dialysis.  
    @nstinson how's your mom?
    @Alkaid13 so sorry you're still not feeling well.  Are you feeling any better at all, even slightly?
    MarciGiovanni
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited August 2020
    I feel better than two weeks ago but progress is slow. A lot of coughing and feeling ill still. 
    MichelleGiovanni
  • Someone at my previous employer created an anonymous gmail account and emailed all faculty encouraging them to take a sick day Monday and then every day until the school goes fully online. 

Administration is furious.
    MarciMichelle
  • My dad is going in for a procedure next week on the 2nd.  He got really sick with the "flu" back in March, right around the time Covid was hitting really bad here.  They didn't test him for Covid, as testing was impossible to come by then.  They tested him for the flu and he was positive.  He spent almost a week in the hospital, and throughout and ever since he has been going into afib with some regularity.  About every 7-8 days he drops into afib and stays there for 1-2 days.  They've been trying to treat him with medicine since he got out of the hospital, but it hasn't been helping.  Next week they are going to attempt a cardiac catheter ablation.  He is pretty nervous about it.  He had two aunts who died shortly after having the same procedure, however his sister and brother-in-law had the same procedure with great success.  One of his coworkers' wife went in for the procedure and it turned into an open heart surgery.  The plan is to keep him overnight and let him got the next day if everything goes well.  Of course, no visitors.  
    MarcicdriveMichelleGiovanni
  • Best of luck to him and my thoughts are with your family. I know that's a very stressful kind of thing, especially right now @JoshTheBlack. Hope it all goes smooth and he's feeling much better soon.
    Giovanni
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @JoshTheBlack I feel for your dad - that must be terrifying for him. I hope his op goes well and fixes his problem. 

I watched a doco a couple of weeks ago that I’ve been thinking about ever since, which was made by these twin doctors in the UK, pretty well known there and in Aus, probably unknown in US. They went back on to the frontlines to help out with Covid and filmed it for the BBC, and one of them got sick and afterward had the erratic heart palpitations too. It really affected me seeing how stressed and worried about it he was, I guess because he’s a doctor and if even he didn’t know what was going on, what does it say for the rest of us. I get so angry at the “just a bad cold/flu” brigade (notwithstanding that flu kills hundreds of thousands of people a year). We are seeing now the potentially long term ramifications of this illness on so many people and it’s just awful. 
    GiovanniMarci
    My dad is going in for a procedure next week on the 2nd.  He got really sick with the "flu" back in March, right around the time Covid was hitting really bad here.  They didn't test him for Covid, as testing was impossible to come by then.  They tested him for the flu and he was positive.  He spent almost a week in the hospital, and throughout and ever since he has been going into afib with some regularity.  About every 7-8 days he drops into afib and stays there for 1-2 days.  They've been trying to treat him with medicine since he got out of the hospital, but it hasn't been helping.  Next week they are going to attempt a cardiac catheter ablation.  He is pretty nervous about it.  He had two aunts who died shortly after having the same procedure, however his sister and brother-in-law had the same procedure with great success.  One of his coworkers' wife went in for the procedure and it turned into an open heart surgery.  The plan is to keep him overnight and let him got the next day if everything goes well.  Of course, no visitors.  
    Sending all my best wishes for his safe and speedy recovery. 
  • Well it took three whole weeks but I got a negative test result from the health department and I don’t feel like I’m actively dying so apparently I’m “better”. Still coughing but I guess that can last a while and the cough has improved if slowly. 
    Deetom_gcdriveCretanBullMrXGiovanniJoshuaHeterhisdudeness915NoelChinaskiand 7 others.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Alkaid13 Great to hear you are relatively unscathed! 
    JoshuaHeter
    @Alkaid13 news like this makes a BM fam's Friday!  So glad to hear you got through it man. 
    NoelJoshuaHeterFreddy
  • @Alkaid13
     I was wondering how you were doin . . . was about to make a trip down to Georgia with a container full of my famous home made potato soup.
    JoshuaHeter
    @Alkaid13 that’s great news! :smile:
    JoshuaHeterNoel
  • Glad to hear man!! Let’s hope the Long term cases are not accurate for you. 
    NoelJoshuaHeter
    Remember that stupid fucking Bike Rally with the Smash Mouth dingle berries?

Turns out that super spreader event has been linked to more than 250,000 covid cases resulting in 12 billion dollars in public health care costs.  

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-in-south-dakota-in-august-linked-to-more-than-250000-coronavirus-cases-study-finds-2020-09-08?siteid=yhoof2

NoelChinaski
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited September 2020
    cdrive said:
    Remember that stupid fucking Bike Rally with the Smash Mouth dingle berries?

Turns out that super spreader event has been linked to more than 250,000 covid cases resulting in 12 billion dollars in public health care costs.  

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-in-south-dakota-in-august-linked-to-more-than-250000-coronavirus-cases-study-finds-2020-09-08?siteid=yhoof2

*cues music...

"Some-BODY once told me... I ain't the sharpest tool in the she-ED!"
    DeeJoshTheBlackChinaskihisdudeness915cdriveMichelletom_g