RIP Those Who Died in 2020

Comments

• My father who recently passed raised me and my sisters on The Platters and Kenny Rogers. So many fond memories of jamming to Coward of the County during the obligatory family car trips. RIP
    ken haleTravisMurderbear
  • MichelleMichelle California
    adobo1148 said:
    My father who recently passed raised me and my sisters on The Platters and Kenny Rogers. So many fond memories of jamming to Coward of the County during the obligatory family car trips. RIP
    So sorry you lost your father recently.  :heart:
    Travisken hale
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I'm honestly shocked that Kenny Rogers Roasters outlived Kenny Rogers.
  • I recently came across Kenny Roger's Ruby while surfing SiriusXM. I remember my father used to sing it as a joke to my mother so missing him I left it on.
    Didn't remember the words as a child but listening to it now I can say that is one fucked up song.

• DeeDee Adelaide
    CapeGabe said:
    I recently came across Kenny Roger's Ruby while surfing SiriusXM. I remember my father used to sing it as a joke to my mother so missing him I left it on.
    Didn't remember the words as a child but listening to it now I can say that is one fucked up song.

I love the Kenny version, but Cake does a great version of that song too. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited April 2020
    Very sad to hear about the death of Adam Schlesinger from Coronavirus. Fountains of Wayne is one of my favourite bands, Crazy Ex Girlfriend is one of my favourite shows, and That Thing You Do is the catchiest damn song ever written. I’d never thought before about how much of his work is part of my life. RIP :-(
    TravisMurderbearJaimieTken hale
  • He wrote That Thing You Do? Damn. I didn't know that. It's true, that's one hell of a catchy tune. Actually bought that soundtrack largely on the strength of it. Didn't listen to the record a ton, but there were some pretty good tunes on it, and I do really dig that song. Bummer.
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Travis Yeah, when I found that out I was surprised I didn’t twig before because you can definitely hear the FoW style in it. 
    Travis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited April 2020

Holding back tears. Not doing too great of a job at it.  RIP Bill Withers

Murderbear
  • cdrive said:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
    Travis
  • cdrive said:

West Virginian - I always do, and always will smile when I hear him!!
    Travis
    edited April 2020
    He was one of the best male soul singers & made a huge impact in the world of music.

Travis
  • Oh no! That's terrible about Bill Withers. That totally sucks.
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I just read that Kathy Griffin's mum Maggie died a few weeks ago, which made me sadder than I expected! I realised that Kathy's Life On The D List show was a big part of my youth, and Maggie was always a central part of that!
    amyja89 said:
    I just read that Kathy Griffin's mum Maggie died a few weeks ago, which made me sadder than I expected! I realised that Kathy's Life On The D List show was a big part of my youth, and Maggie was always a central part of that!
    Oh, sad!  I used to be a big fan of hers and always liked how close she was with her mom, who was pretty funny.

• fidozfidoz Houston
    Fuck. Covid took John Prine today. 
    ken hale
  • fidoz said:
    Fuck. Covid took John Prine today. 
    I'm so sad.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Terrible
    edited April 2020
    Brian Dennehy. Fantastic character actor and I always liked when he showed up in things.
  • edited April 2020
    There goes about half of the QYP shows.

Murderbear
  • I just saw that Sam Lloyd (aka Ted from Scrubs) lost his battle with cancer and passed. This is just a bummer. He was always so much fun to watch. Beyond that I was lucky enough to meet him once and it left a really great impression on me. Before I had seen Scrubs (I didn't actually watch it until it was close to being over) this strange group of four dudes came in for a session at the recording studio that I was interning for. They were a barber shop quartet singing themes from old tv shows. The first session went well. Nice guys and fun to work with, if nothing else because it was such a unique thing to be a fly on the wall for. I was scheduled to assist on their second session as well. The lead engineer didn't show and I was left holding the bag. After we all kind of scratched out heads at the situation for a while and accepted that the dude wasn't coming (no call or anything, stand up dude. ugh), I tried to take the reins. Unfortunately they wanted me to take a cassette tape and set it to a click track and I had no idea how to do such a thing because of the tape fluctuations in speed. Anyhoo, I tried and tried and failed and was internally freaking out, not wanting to piss off this quirky group of dudes. They were so nice about it though. By the time I gave up and the back-up lead guy showed up they must have been two hours behind. You can tell a lot about people from these kinds of situations and Sam and the rest of the Blanks were nothing but kind. No taking it out on me. No entitlement. just kind understanding. I feel completely safe in saying that Sam Lloyd was a really great guy. RIP.
    MarciCapeGabefidoz
  • That's sad. I loved him in Scrubs. I loved his version of this he did on the show

Travisfidoz
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited May 2020
    RIP Little Richard.  I kneel at one of Rock n Roll’s very great architects.  Ripe old age of 87 so can’t be too sad about it.  Certainly up there with Chuck Berry. 

Without him there’d be no Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, Elton, Prince....the list is long.  

Huge loss to #TacoBellCulture as well.

RIP, King. 

MichelleTravisMurderbear
    Rest in peace, Jerry Stiller. :cry:
    cdriveMurderbear
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    Serenity Now Liberation Always  Pastor Pondering

It's very sad he passed away, he was one of the best parts of Seinfeld.    Just a pretty funny guy and seemed like a great dad and husband. 
    MichelleMurderbear
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Rest In Peacestivus Mr. Stiller. 
    MichelleMurderbear
    Awww man. He was absolutely hilarious. Loved his yelling on Seinfeld and even when I inexplicably find myself watching King of Queens, he's the best part of that show.
    Michelle
  • Paul Vasquez (double rainbow meme guy) passed away as well. I always loved that video because it was just a guy super excited by nature. He also seemed like a really nice guy that was still replying to comments on that video a couple of days ago. A true internet legend that will be sorely missed. RIP, Paul. 
    Murderbear
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    damn jerry stiller. i have watched King of Queens series about 3-4 times start to finish. he was so good and it sounds like he was a pretty good father as well. 
    MrXTravis