RIP Those Who Died in 2020

12346»

Comments

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    He was not a healthy man. Drug and alcohol abuse. No teeth. It destroyed his marriage and career. 

All so sad. 
    Travis
  • And now Johnny Nash too :(

cdrive
  • Rest In Peace, James Randi. 
    CretanBull
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I just read that! :astonished:  What a legend. Rest in peace. :heartbreak:
    .. and tonight I just read this. :angry:  Yes, he was a legendary actor but this just makes him sound like a complete ass.
    I wondered why no one was really lamenting his passing, and now I kinda know.

https://www.distractify.com/p/sean-connery-abuse
    Dee
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Yeah. He was a legendary performer and entertainer for sure but unfortunately was also a piece of shit sometimes.
    Michelle
  • I didn't want to comment earlier because I didn't want to stir things up with people who might have been upset about his passing, but IMO Sean Connery was a POS.  He didn't just say what he said, he repeatedly defended what he said.  He'd been given multiple opportunities to take back what he said...people loved him so much they practically begged him to offer some kind of flimsy excuse so that he could be forgiven and he doubled down on stupid every time.
    DeeMichellehisdudeness915Marci
  • I've never followed Sean Connery very closely but holy shit what he said and repeatedly defended is absolutely awful and completely unforgivable. Never knew that about him until now and definitely taints his name considerably. Again I didn't follow him closely at all but I always thought he was a stand up guy, clearly not. 
  • tom_gtom_g WV
    edited November 2020
    What is, We Love You Alex!

JoshuaHeter
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I just realized I shared a birthday with Alex (month and day anyhow). Godspeed, my man, I saw him every night of my childhood. 
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    RIP Diego Armando Maradona

One of the greatest, if not THE greatest, football players of all time. What an insane career the guy had. What a personality and figure. His goal against England in the World Cup Mexico ‘86 is still the greatest goal anyone has ever scored. Gone too young at 60 years old. 
  • Noel said:
    RIP Diego Armando Maradona

One of the greatest, if not THE greatest, football players of all time. What an insane career the guy had. What a personality and figure. His goal against England in the World Cup Mexico ‘86 is still the greatest goal anyone has ever scored. Gone too young at 60 years old. 
    As a bitter England fan the 'Hand of God' can go eff itself, but RIP Maradona.
    PeepsNoel
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I remember watching Laverne and Shirley with my parents. RIP
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Aw, I loved Squiggy. :-( 
    RIP Dawn Wells, ‘Maryann’ from Gilligan’s Island :cry:
    That show was a big part of my childhood.
    CoryMurderbear
  • edited December 2020
    Other than Bowie, Tony Rice’s passing has hit me the hardest of any famous person. Hardly an exaggeration, dude was the Earl Scruggs of bluegrass guitar. One of the all-time great rhythm guitarists. RIP, brother. You brought me great joy. 
    Murderbear
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    RIP MF DOOM!  

Wow what the actual fuck, 2020. 
    CretanBullMurderbearNoel
  • cdrive said:
    RIP MF DOOM!  

I just heard this :(  RIP to one of the GOATS.
    cdriveMurderbearNoel
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    cdrive said:
    RIP MF DOOM!  

wow! crazy that he passed away 2 months ago. RIP :(
    Murderbearkingbee67
  • The legacy of Tony Rice. (Which, unfortunately, includes the likes of Punch Brothers, the Yngwie Malmsteen of bluegrass-oid bands, but Ben Eldridge’s boy at least in writing gets across the huge shadow Rice cast.)

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/tony-rice-chris-eldridge-punch-brothers-bluegrass-guitarist-appreciation-1234877008/
  • Going back through this thread was rough. There was a lot of people that I forgot died this year like Neil Peart and Kobe Bryant. RIP to all those I previously didn't say RIP to, which is pretty much all of them.