Commissioned Podcast Line Up

Comments

• DrKenDrKen Chicago
    My bad.  Sorry.

I don't read.  Hurts my eyes.
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    (singing) DJANGO!......(lower voice) DJANGO...

Happy day the podcast is up.
    AntManBeeDaveyMac
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Holy Smoke, yikes. If it's the Jane Campion one good luck.
  • @kingbee67 I'm actually looking forward to that one. I haven't seen that since it first came out.
  • What happened to the Animal Kingdom podcast? I saw that it got posted on Monday, but it's not on the website anymore. It also never hit the itunes or Stitcher feeds.
    Freddy
  • If you guys don't get to The Way of the Gun soon Ryan Philippe is going to fuckstart your head.

AntManBeeangryjef
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 2015
    AntManBee said:

What happened to the Animal Kingdom podcast? I saw that it got posted on Monday, but it's not on the website anymore. It also never hit the itunes or Stitcher feeds.

Shush... We don't talk about that podcast that may or may not have been posted without a feed attached.

Seriously though, based on how A. Ron feels about Australia, I'm pretty sure it had to be heavily edited in order to sound less xenophobic. And then edited again. And again. Man, A. Ron really hates Australia.
    AntManBee
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    One of those things where we were confident that it would go up that Monday, so Jim scheduled the article, and then we didn't finish it, but we forgot to unschedule it, so it posted as an empty article.  

I am with child to discuss The Way of the Gun. 
    TravisAntManBeeDaveyMacFreddyDeenknol
  • nknolnknol San Diego, CA

I am with child to discuss The Way of the Gun. 

Hey @A_Ron_Hubbard, very psyched you liked my choice for the podcast. It's been a favorite of mine for years, the sound design and cinematography are just superb and I feel this movie is very underrated for how well done it is. Also probably one of the best opening scenes of of all time :)

Can't wait.
  • Has anybody commissioned a TV podcast lately? Anyone? Nudge nudge wink wink
    Okay, so I updated the list after synthesizing our remaining Subbable and Club Commissions, so if you don't see your project on the list, please message me.  There are two marked as "TBA", which is because we want to clarify the project, and you should have an email from me or Jim to respond to, in which we can get it officially slated.
    SsRP5
  • Awwww yiss
  • "Way of the Gun" is a good one to talk about now with the new "Mission Impossible" getting a lot of buzz, as both are done by Christopher McQuarrie.  
    edited August 2015
    Freddy said:

AntManBee said:

Seriously though, based on how A. Ron feels about Australia, I'm pretty sure it had to be heavily edited in order to sound less xenophobic. And then edited again. And again. Man, A. Ron really hates Australia.

Wha?  I love Australia!  I do like poking fun at the Aussies from time to time, because they seem like good natured folks that can be teased about their penal colony past.  Fun fact: Australians disproportionately support Bald Move.  If you look at traffic by country, and per capita, Aussies support Bald Move at 2-3 times the rate you'd expect. Bald Move's own Jesse Wilson's mom is an Australian citizen; nicest lady you could ever meet.  Smokes a mean wild-caught salmon. 
    edited August 2015
    Bunch of damn penis colons, right A. Ron? Ha ha.

I really just picked them because they seem like the weirdest choice for an American to hate. They really are an unhateable bunch. Liked everyone I ever met, and all my friends that have traveled or lived there said it was one of the coolest places they've ever been.
  • I'm biting my nails hoping Jim doesn't hate Daredevil

(He does hate everything after all :P)
  • dan2988dan2988 manchester uk
    @ssrp5 he's already discussed it in a lunch with... And they both really enjoyed it so you don't have to worry!
  • dan2988 said:

@ssrp5 he's already discussed it in a lunch with... And they both really enjoyed it so you don't have to worry!

Which one? I just recently became a club member so I haven't seen any of those
    ericvenegas
    edited August 2015
    SsRP5 said:

I'm biting my nails hoping Jim doesn't hate Daredevil

(He does hate everything after all :P)

That's why I love Jim. He hates everything like I hate everything. My friends give me hell about hating all the Marvel/Superhero junk out there, and it's gotten to the point where if I even say a movie or show in that vein is okay they consider it a victory.

But yeah, Daredevil seems alright. I only watched the first episode though.
    DaveyMac
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I wouldn't say Jim hates everything, I think he doesn't just wholeheartedly embrace everything and become its biggest fanboy ever - there's a difference. The internet allowed us all to find like minds to share our favourites with but it also encouraged a lot of us to go a bit nuts over said favourites.

A.Ron's dislike of The Usual Suspects on the other hand...
  • Dee said:

I wouldn't say Jim hates everything, I think he doesn't just wholeheartedly embrace everything and become its biggest fanboy ever - there's a difference. The internet allowed us all to find like minds to share our favourites with but it also encouraged a lot of us to go a bit nuts over said favourites.

A.Ron's dislike of The Usual Suspects on the other hand...

No, they're right, I hate everything :)
    Dee[Deleted User]FreddySheIsGeekyAManIsNoOneTravishypergenesbNikkiP
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Well, carry on then!
    Note: I caught up the line up again.  We got another rash of commissions.  That TBD up there is our choice of Starship Troopers / Stargate / Gross Point Blank / War, Inc.   That is a tough decision, because I love and could talk about all those movies at length.  I'm hoping the commissioner decides for us, because I'd hate to flip a coin or roll a D4 on this one.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    For people that liked Cabin in the Woods, there's a movie called Resolution still on Netflix that explores a lot of similar ideas. Definitely doesn't have the spectacle of Cabin, but if you like self aware horror movies that play with cliches it's pretty good.
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    @A_Ron_Hubbard For the TBD, one vote for Grosse Pointe Blank (2 votes if two hands in air counts)
    Yeah, I can make a compelling case for all four, honestly.  Not a bad one in the bunch.  
  • I made a list of all the Bald Move Commissioned films over letterboxd, just so I can keep track more easily. It's also kind of cool to see them all visualized together. I thought I'd share it here in case anyone is interested. Also I may have missed a few as I don't know if any of disappeared from the feeds. I went through both the premium feed and the bald movies feed. 

FreddyAntManBee
    Only ones I see missing are the television shows; but looks like you're focusing on films, so as far as that goes, it's complete.

• TravisTravis CA
    edited August 2015

Note: I caught up the line up again.  We got another rash of commissions.  That TBD up there is our choice of Starship Troopers / Stargate / Gross Point Blank / War, Inc.   That is a tough decision, because I love and could talk about all those movies at length.  I'm hoping the commissioner decides for us, because I'd hate to flip a coin or roll a D4 on this one.

(chanting) Star-ship Troo-pers!!! Star-ship Troo-pers!!! That movie is hilarious. Worth the 2 hours for the awesome commercials and "tv within the movie" bits alone. My friend said for years (though he never made good) that he was going to write Starship Troopers: The Rock Opera featuring songs like Don't Talk About Carmen That Way and We've Got to Go Back to P.

Also, just saw that Eternal Sunshine was added. That's awesome! Hats off to whoever commissioned that one. Really looking forward to it.

This discussion has been closed.