Commissioned Podcast Line Up

Comments

• @Travis. I'm glad you're looking forward to Eternal Sunshine. Once Memento was off the table, it was a no brainer for me. Definitely one of my all time favorite movies.
    TravisDaveyMac
  • @Shum That's awesome, man. I really love that movie. I'll have to re-watch it before they cast it. Great excuse for it. Been too long.
    DaveyMac
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 2015

Note: I caught up the line up again.  We got another rash of commissions.  That TBD up there is our choice of Starship Troopers / Stargate / Gross Point Blank / War, Inc.   That is a tough decision, because I love and could talk about all those movies at length.  I'm hoping the commissioner decides for us, because I'd hate to flip a coin or roll a D4 on this one.

For real. Besides, not like you can "roll" a D4 anyways. For what it's worth, I'd like to see a Stargate cast. Deeply flawed movie, but love the premise.
  • Just started downloading Life is Strange so can't wait to see what you guys think. Looking forward to Contact too.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    D4's make a great substitute for caltrops if you're the nerdy type of D&D ninja.  
    Freddy
    Just a note; I've updated our slate with the current outstanding commissions.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited September 2015
    where do you find that list @A_Ron_Hubbard?

EDIT: disregard. i didn't realize you were just editing the list on the thread.

• 3:10 to Yuma is the 1957 original or 2007 remake? 

Also it's "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" not "minds" (nit-picking, i know)
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    edited September 2015
    Rather than go back and dig through podcasts, does anyone know if the guys did Empire Strikes Back yet?
    EDITED - never mind, I see that A.ron's post was recently edited, I thought that was original from May.
    :)
    Thanks, KSA I fixed that.  And the film is the 2007 remake.

I'm also going to start giving a direct link to the top post when I update the list so it's easier to find it.  Like so. 
    TaraC73ksa1001
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited September 2015
    I'm not usually into "guy" movies and I do tend to put most westerns in that category, but 3:10 To Yuma is one I saw under duress and I loved it. Hardly anyone I know has seen it - it seems to be very under-rated.

Also if you like Ben Foster, check out The Messenger. Bonus Woody Harrelson!
    ksa1001A_Ron_Hubbard
  • It's crazy seeing Ben Foster in things like 3:10 to Yuma and then seeing him in Freaks and Geeks.
  • I've always liked Ben Foster. His performances are usually on 10. Very Intense and talented.

I think I first saw him in Alpha Dog (or Six Feet Under on TV side)
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @DaveyMac He's also excellent in Freaks and Geeks. @ksa1001 And Six Feet Under!

The guy is super talented. Can't wait to see him as Lance Armstrong.
    DaveyMac
  • Eric1stOfHisNameEric1stOfHisName LosAngeles
    edited September 2015
    Just listened to the 3:10 to Yuma podcast, thanks Andrew aka the commissioner for this one. I love this movie and always appreciate when Jim & A-Ron talk about a movie I love :) good work guys!
    dantedanger
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Does Andrew have a forum account? If so, in his profile it should say The Commissioner under the Roles section.
    SheIsGeeky
  • ksa1001 said:

Alpha Dog

Such a good movie.
    ksa1001
    I think he does, but it's hard to say because there are so many people on here I know by their real or email names and it doesn't match up with their forum name and then my head starts hurting, haha.  But yeah, absolutely I'd gin up a "Commish" user tag for him. 
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm excited for mean girls
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited September 2015
    I dunno if I missed it somewhere, but how do we get a movie commissioned for a podcast?
    Are there any genres that you won't even remotely consider?
    Just wondering as I narrow down the list of choices for what might possibly turn out be a future commission.
    Thanks!
  • @Michelle Go here: http://baldmove.com/shop/

Then click on this image to add to your cart. They'll let you know if they have serious concerns about what you'd like to commission.

movie-reel-hi
    Michelle
  • Thanks @AntManBee !
    AntManBee
  • giardinellogiardinello Long Island, NY
    aberry89 said:

I would love a Kubrick film in the future...I think 2001 is just too dense to discuss within the time limits, and its been reviewed quite heavily. But I would be really interested in maybe The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, or Eyes Wide Shut...

I'm all about a Kubrick cast in the future. And I agree, a cast on 2001 would definitely require more than an hour for the commentary and analysis. 
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard

Love the new format of crowd sourcing commission podcasts - a great idea....

can we get commando in the mix at some point? If not, I may have to stretch and just get you guys on that anyway!
    Yeah, what we did was hold a vote in the VIP section, and that's how we derived this list.  After we knock a few out, we'll see what ones aren't getting any nibbles or are just languishing, hold another vote, and build a new catalog.  I'm not speaking definitively here, because that always gets me in trouble, but it feels like something that will happen quarterly. 

Man, I can't believe so many people have already either bought or turned in shares.  Firefly is already 18 shares away from reality!  Princess Bride is just 20!
    dantedanger
  • Yes! As soon as I got the email with my subbable funds I contributed to a handful. Hope they see the light of day soon.
  • What happens if you put in $10 and then someone else swoops in and commissions that film for themselves? Do you give the option for a refund or do you have the person transfer that money to another crowd sourced podcast?
    We'd either give you store credit or a refund. We don't want anyone to get screwed as a first principle.
    AntManBee
    Commissioned Lineup has been updated, Pulp Fiction was the surprise first Community Commission!  Somebody spent a whole lotta banked Subbable bucks to make it happen...

TaraC73
  • The Fifth Element is one of my favorite movies. Can't wait till you get to that one!
This discussion has been closed.