Commissioned Podcast Line Up

Comments

• Are you guys still doing An American Werewolf in Paris?
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yes. And it is in fact complete. But it's a surprise gift for someone, so it's scheduled to release some time in the future for that special occasion.
  • I bet you had a lot of fun with that gem.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    any chance Lost can slip into that TBD spot after Firefly? Looks like that week will be pretty close to the 5-year anniversary of the finale....

TaraC73Michelle
  • I thought that TBD spot was someone who hasn't made up there mind yet on the movie they commissioned but haven't selected yet.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • didn't read through the whole forum but have the guys seen Primer yet.  Its a pretty good time travel movie.
    ryanfoster
  • @JN101
    I'm a big fan of Primer and would love to hear a Bald Move podcast on it. Jim has posted that he likes the film and would be interested in doing it. I can't really afford to commission it alone, but I would chip in if it went up.
  • @JN101
    I'm a big fan of Primer and would love to hear a Bald Move podcast on it. Jim has posted that he likes the film and would be interested in doing it. I can't really afford to commission it alone, but I would chip in if it went up.

yeah, wouldn't mind watching it again and pitching in to hear them talk about it if they hadn't seen it before.  It still is the only movie that the minute it ended I started it over again immediately.  Never watched a movie 2x in a row like that.
  • Long time listener, but I'm new to the site. I think "Sicario" would lend itself to an epic pod. Would anyone else consider going in on a community pod?
    ryanfoster
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited February 2016
    Hey @Cdonc24, love that movie, off the back of this movie and narco's I read the below book, really brilliant narrative of the drug war, and a great chapter and interviews with actual Sicarios,  id highly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/El-Narco-Bloody-Mexican-Cartels/dp/1408822431

I'd buy a few shares if it went in the shop
    ryanfoster
  • Completely new the forums.  Forgive me if this has been suggested, but I'd be totally down to a community commissioned podcast for "True Romance."  Not sure the steps to get one started, if there was interest.  
    Dee
  • MichelleMichelle California
    @A_Ron_Hubbard, is there an updated list?

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Hey @A_Ron_Hubbard I was wondering if you have an updated commissioned list? The order of the list on this link is all jumbled up. Thanks!!

http://baldmove.com/commissioned-podcasts/?mc_cid=ac60b478b1&mc_eid=f5bf5e5671
    Eagerly waiting for the LOST podcast!   Can't wait.  :)
    Frakkin TTaraC73Elisa
  • Firefly is on deck? Sweet!

I'm psyched that The Princess Bride is almost upon us as well. Can't wait to see how it ends up playing for Jim.

Michelle
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited February 2016
    @Hatorian Excellent choice sir , yet to listen but great shout
    Hatorian
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    @Hatorian great pic. if this is the prize for winning bald move Fantasy Football put me down for Bald move fantasy football this year!
    Hatorian
    Really looking forward to the Magnolia commission.  I love this movie - I'm very interested to hear what the guys think.

@A_Ron_Hubbard, what are your feelings about older classic movies ('40s, '50s) being commissioned?  Would you be willing to do one, or do you prefer more modern films?  Or does it even matter?
  • Michelle said:

Really looking forward to the Magnolia commission.  I love this movie - I'm very interested to hear what the guys think.

The best Tom Cruise will ever be in any role. Great movie!
    Michelle
  • FernNYC17 said:

@Hatorian great pic. if this is the prize for winning bald move Fantasy Football put me down for Bald move fantasy football this year!

Thanks and thanks @FlashGordon. definitely a top 5-10 movie all time for me. And we are definitely going to do a league next year. Keep an eye out when it gets closer cuz the league will fill up. Last year we did a 10 team league but if everyone comes back we can always do a 12 team. ;)
  • I'll throw in an early request for any opening that may present itself for next year.
    Hatorianryanfoster
  • @DrKen sure. got you.
  • Michelle said:

@A_Ron_Hubbard, what are your feelings about older classic movies ('40s, '50s) being commissioned?  Would you be willing to do one, or do you prefer more modern films?  Or does it even matter?

I hope they're cool with it because the one I have coming up is a Western from 1962.
    Michelle
  • To be honest, I've had many second thoughts on my choice. I wanted to do something a bit different. But I do love that movie. It has some themes I think could be interesting but it is not a "modern" film in terms of style.

I was close to Shawshank, Glengarry Glen Ross, or my true alternative, Wall Street. I'd love to hear that one from a couple of '90s kids.
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    @Hatorian put me down for the 11th or 12th spot for sure. I usually do 3 to 4 leagues every yr would love to get in on the Bald Move league! @DrKen Wall Street is also on my list of podcasts that I would like to see. I'll definitely suggest it when the next wave of community podcast are put up.
    Hatorian
  • Hey guys, just finishing up the Saving Private Ryan 'cast.  Well done.

You discuss not hearing any depictions of what you'd call WW2 PTSD.  I suggest you check out the Gregory Peck 1956 film, The Man in The Gray Flannel Suit.  It shows his inability to leave the trauma from the war behind.

It's a very interesting film and deals with these very issues in a contemporary fashion for the day.
    DaveyMac
  • Shawshank should go up as a community cast. If definitely buy some shares
    Michelle
This discussion has been closed.