New to Netflix Streaming in December.

Hey guys, I'm sure you all have Netflix and this list just came out about the new movies that will be on netflix's streaming service in December. Does anything look interesting to you? Personally, I am looking forward to Knights of Badassdom, American Beauty, Anchorman 2, Nick Offermans comedy special and I might even watch the most recent Paranormal Activity for a goof.

Comments

• Mike SnowMike Snow Portland, ME
    edited November 2014
    Okay, I'm gonna have to watch Nick Offerman's comedy special because he is brilliant.

Ron Swanson is one of my all time favorite sitcom characters.
  • I haven't seen Wolf of Wall Street yet, so I'll be looking forward to that. I'm also a bit excited to rewatch AHS Coven.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Broadchurch!
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Waiting until now to put out AHS Coven guaranteed that some would find it on the torrent before Freakshow started.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, I'm all in on Offerman and Knights of Badassdom. Wolf of Wall Street is worth a watch/rewatch too.
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    "Broadchurch" is sooooooo good. I already watched it when it aired on BBC America, but I am going to do a re-watch when it goes to Netflix. I really like how the UK does "crime" shows. The concepts are usually more interesting and the scope smaller and more personal. They are less interested in the "flash" and the "gore" and go more for slow burning mystery, raising intensity in slow coaxing increments.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited December 2014
    The one that jumped right out at me was Outside Providence. I loved that movie when it came out, but I haven't seen it in years and don't remember much beyond the premise. I'll probably have to give that one a rewatch. I also have a really soft spot in my heart for Labyrinth (I watched the SHIT out of that movie when I was younger. I used to be able to basically recite the movie while watching it), and 2 Days In the Valley is one that I haven't seen in years as well (though I don't know how that one in particular will stand up to the time filter). I'll probably also toss Wolf of Wall Street in the queue, but I don't know if I'll get around to it. It was described to me as "it's a great movie, but it basically comes down to a bunch of really coked up dudes yelling at each other for 3 hours" which is a movie that I typically (exception of Hurly Burly) is not my bag. Kind of tempered my excitement.

I am definitely going to have to watch the Offerman special. I almost went to see it live, but money was a bit tight when I had to buy the tickets. I can't wait to check that out. Thanks for posting the link. I wouldn't have known about that otherwise and I'm really psyched for the Offerman special especially.
  • @aberry89‌ Good call on Broadchurch. I bought that one on amazon prime a ways back and watched the whole thing on a relaxation day and I really enjoyed it. Great show. Is anyone watching Gracepoint? If so, is it worth watching, particularly as someone who has seen Broadchurch?
  • @TravisSmith‌ Gracepoint is a pale imitation of Broadchurch. Skip it.
  • @TravisSmith‌ Gracepoint is a pale imitation of Broadchurch. Skip it.

Thanks, man. I was hoping that might not be the case, but I figured that it was.
  • Also new to Netflix: One of my favorite sci-fi shows, Black Mirror from the BBC. Just watch it.
    http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2014/12/1/7315405/black-mirror-sci-fi-finally-streaming-netflix

As well, the new Netflix original coming on Dec 12 has my eye: Marco. Very curious about this one.
    They spent $90 million USD to make 10 episodes. Only GOT has a bigger budget.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/netflix-marco-polo-tv-show-budget-2014-11
    http://www.netflix.com/marcopolo
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I just finished The Returned S1, so I am in search of more intriguing shows :smiley:
    SO MANY SHOWS. but they all seem awesome. Thanks for all the suggestions @hypergenesb I like your taste!
  • hypergenesbhypergenesb Atlanta
    edited December 2014
    Also wanted to recommend: The Honourable Woman. S1 arrives on Netflix, Dec. 18. It was one of my favorite shows for 2014.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Dunno if you guys are stand-up comedy fans but Bill Burr's got a new special on this month. BrBa fans might remember him as Kuby, 1/2 of Saul's A-Team. He's also from my hometown (Boston!) and does a hilarious solo podcast every week.
  • @AntManBee‌ you are in for a treat, Wolf of Wall Street was fantastic
  • I believe Nebraska is new - really liked it in the theater.
  • Let me second the Black Mirror recommendation. I hadn't watched it until I heard all of the hype around it and it's just as good as advertised. My favorite British show of all-time and it's entirely accessible to American audiences unlike some other popular UK shows.
  • My favorite UK show that I discovered this year is Utopia. It is beutifully shot and it contrasts so well with the strong violence and gritty storyline.
    I have heard that HBO is planning to make a remake with David Fincher as director.
  • MihaiMihai Timisoara, RO
    Zesder said:

My favorite UK show that I discovered this year is Utopia. It is beutifully shot and it contrasts so well with the strong violence and gritty storyline.
    I have heard that HBO is planning to make a remake with David Fincher as director.

I discovered Utopia the last couple of days as well. It's beautifully cinematic and entertaining.

(I have no idea whether I'm off-topic with this or not, as I'm not privy to what's streaming on Netflix; I wanted to encourage people to visit Utopia)
  • I just saw what is coming up in February via a Paste column and they're getting the f'n Young Ones on 2/12!!! This is very exciting news.
    http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/01/new-february-2015-movies-and-tv-streaming-on-netfl.html
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Dang Utopia isn't on Netflix in the States..bummer. Spartacus the entire series...does anyone recommend this one?
  • I know Mo Ryan and Ryan McGee LOVE Sparticus (they reference it very, very frequently on their podcast), but I've never seen a minute.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    I wasn't interested in Spartacus until the entire cast (practically) started showing up on Arrow & The Flash. I've put it on the list.
  • ZesderZesder Tasmania
    edited January 2015
    Just started rewatching Sparticus on bluray with my son now he is 18. If its on Netflix I highly recommend it.
    Some of the cg is a bit iffy but the fight scenes and story is worth it.

The main character discovered he had cancer after the first season so they did a prequel to give him time to recover. Sadly he didn't so they had to get another actor. It goes to show how quickly cancer can take you down.
  • ZesderZesder Tasmania
    Just a heads up on Spartacus. It is a definite R rated show. Sex and violence are extremely prevalent. If you are squeamish or prudish,don't watch it.
    Another thing I like about Spartacus - when they do nudity it's pretty equal. If people are going to be naked in every other scene...everyone is going to be naked...not just the women. I have to give a show props when they don't worry if men won't watch because...oh no a PENIS!!
This discussion has been closed.