Groundhog Day Podcast - Spoilers and Spoilage

FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
edited January 30 in Movies
You absolutely can drink vermouth by itself! Fuck me, if I didn't find this out the hard way. Just last year I was in Spain, and I'll be damned if that wasn't a very common drink. Now mind you, I fucking hated Madrid, and Madridians drinking vermouth like it was sweet tea in The South was in no small part a reason why I came to hate Spain (well, Madrid at any rate. Ciudad Rodrigo was lovely). That and the fact that Madrid smelled like the thin layer of gym sweat that all the food tasted like. Fucking bitch ass Madrid. I hate you, Madrid.

At any rate, I love Groundhog Day. Discuss.


Jimsbench2

Comments

  • edited January 30
    The reason most Americans don't know you can drink vermouth and make very dry martinis is all they know is Martini and Rossi swill.

    I am the suburbs and can only get good stuff at select stores in Boston.

    Get a good bottle of French or Italian import in both dry and sweet and you won't be disappointed. I prefer Dolan. Sweet on the rocks is a great summer aperitif. 

    Freddyladylarsen
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited January 30
    I learned that people drink vermouth on its own from the lyrics of "I Don't Want to Get Over You" by the Magnetic Fields.  Madrid, I was expecting everyone to be drinking wine but everyone was drinking estrella.  And you're wrong about Madrid @Freddy@Noel , tell 'em!

    I learned from @CapeGabe that you don't have to drink Martini & Rossi swill.  Splurge a little more.  It up'd my martini game.  (Thank you, sir!)

    Groundhog day drinking games for viewers, discuss....

    Armageddon - when you see the Michael Bay cameo, drink.

    2012 - when Yuri says "It's Russian", shot of stoli

    Day After Tomorrow, when the line gets drawn, if you live below that line you just take a drink, but if you live above that line....shot.  Also when Bilbo Baggins complains about the 12 yr old scotch being used for fuel, obvies.  





    CapeGabe
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I'll die on the Madrid hate hill @cdrive . I don't hate much in this world. Hell, I don't even hate Nickelback. I mean, I still would laugh if they died, but I can't say I hate them. Now Madrid. Fuck you, Madrid. I like Ned Ryerson more than Madrid.
    CapeGabecdrivebazjenster
  • cdrive said:
    I learned that people drink vermouth on its own from the lyrics of "I Don't Want to Get Over You" by the Magnetic Fields.  Madrid, I was expecting everyone to be drinking wine but everyone was drinking estrella.  And you're wrong about Madrid @Freddy@Noel , tell 'em!

    I learned from @CapeGabe that you don't have to drink Martini & Rossi swill.  Splurge a little more.  It up'd my martini game.  (Thank you, sir!)

    Groundhog day drinking games for viewers, discuss....

    Armageddon - when you see the Michael Bay cameo, drink.

    2012 - when Yuri says "It's Russian", shot of stoli

    Day After Tomorrow, when the line gets drawn, if you live below that line you just take a drink, but if you live above that line....shot.  Also when Bilbo Baggins complains about the 12 yr old scotch being used for fuel, obvies.  






    If I could go back in time and tell myself things, after a bunch of hot stock tips, one of the  things I would tell myself is when you don't like something try the best you can afford of it once and you will open up a whole new world.

    I was in my 40s before someone gave me a shot of real tequila and figured out "Oh, I don't hate tequila,  I hate Jose Cuervo."

  • Lol at the discussion of what a twist is in a cocktail, like it's the third act of a movie or something!

    @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard , for future reference, this is a twist:



  • Also, add me to team sweet vermouth. I used to just buy it for Manhattan's, but as I upgraded to better brands realized it can stand on its own.
    CapeGabeladylarsen
  • Carpano antica. Or dolin. For either Manhattans or alone.
    ladylarsen
  • jhpark said:
    Carpano antica. Or dolin. For either Manhattans or alone.
    Brovo is another one I've enjoyed in Manhattan's or on its own.
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    @cdrive Sorry bro everyone, including @Freddy, is entitled to their own trash opinion.

    I’m looking forward to Madrid this summer. And I’m looking forward to having a great time, again.
    cdriveFreddy
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Sittin’ here on my favorite bidet and I realize it’s Groundhog Day!  T minus 5 hours til Armageddon! 
    Freddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Noel said:
    @cdrive Sorry bro everyone, including @Freddy, is entitled to their own trash opinion.

    I’m looking forward to Madrid this summer. And I’m looking forward to having a great time, again.
    Oh don't get me wrong. I would fight through all the rude people and gym sweat food again if it meant getting one more trip to the Prada Museum.
    Noel
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    In honor of the breakfast scene.

    DoubleA_RonNoelJim
  • Freddy said:
    In honor of the breakfast scene.


    There is ... a lot going on on this desk. I have questions.
    DoubleA_RonNoelken haleFreddycdrive
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Freddy said:
    In honor of the breakfast scene.

    The glasses, chapstick and local beers are very relatable. Funnel cake and corn dogs? Eh. I find fair food pretty overrated.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    MrX said:
    Freddy said:
    In honor of the breakfast scene.


    There is ... a lot going on on this desk. I have questions.
    I have answers. Just as long as the questions don't involve the book, the picture of the stripper, or the bootleg Dianetics dvd.
    MrX
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    20 bucks says that’s not powdered sugar
    FreddyMurderbearNoelJim
  • Freddy said:
    MrX said:
    Freddy said:
    In honor of the breakfast scene.


    There is ... a lot going on on this desk. I have questions.
    I have answers. Just as long as the questions don't involve the book, the picture of the stripper, or the bootleg Dianetics dvd.

    Nope, pretty much everyone has those on their work desks, right? I was mostly worried about your un-activated credit card and cable management setup  :D
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I worry you have chapped lips. That can suck. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I worry you have chapped lips. That can suck. 
    I medicate properly. Personally and socially.
  • Sucks I could only join for an hour or two but good fun and hope you guys made some good money for a good cause
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    It’s on right now.

    Happy 02 02 2020 Day, errybody!


    Michelle
  • I can't tell if this is the hedonistic phase or the despair phase.
    FreddyMichelle
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I just got the chance to listen to the Podcast on the movie Groundhog Day. You guys totally got me. The replay? Once I realized what you were doing I laughed my arse off!

    @A_Ron_Hubbard talked about the scene where Bill Murray wished he'd repeat the day he was on the beach with a beautiful model, and asked would that scenario get old as well. How perfect does this question fit into the final season of The Good Place? No spoilers here so I will just put out into the universe that  I hope you guys do a series wrap up podcast.
    ken hale
Sign In or Register to comment.