Super Bowl LIV

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
Super Bowl LIV thread

Who you got?

What food and drinks you got going?

Best commercials...

J.Lo & Shakira half time show comments....

Comments

• tom_gtom_g WV
    edited February 3
    Walter White's Mountain Dew for the win.
  • And . . . Shakira is my 'hall pass', so, best half-time ever.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited February 3
    Bryan Cranston Mountain Dew is the best so far! 

• cdrive said:
    Bryan Cranston Mountain Dew is the best so far! 

Damn missed that one, tide pod commercials...........ENOUGH!!!!!!
    cdrive
  • Pretty conservative game on both sides
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I judged a chili cookoff at the bar next door. 35 contestants. My bowels will demand satisfaction. Now sitting at the bar right in front of the TV drinking cognac and shots of whatever on the side.
    adobo1148cdriveNoel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Good competitive game so far. Looking forward to some J.Lo.  

My contributions to the Super Bowl spread:

Freddy
  • Halftime show. The hips didn't lie. 10/10. 
    hisdudeness915Noel

• Boy did the 49ers gag that away.

Jimmy G, you're no Brady.

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    -Shakira has been bae since “Ojos Así” came out back in the late-90s. 10/10 show.

-Jasón Momoa commercial was my favorite

-Congrats to Chiefs fans everywhere. Congrats Andy Reid, glad you got your title there and not in Philly. Mahomes’ potential is endless, thanks for being a great Texan.
    cdriveFreddyjluzania
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    @A_Ron_Hubbard and @Jim you got your Groundhog Day sequel!
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited February 3
    Poor Kyle Shannahan. Just doesn’t know how to run out a lead. 28-3 and now 20-10. SF had a 95% chance to win after the second interception. Ouch. 

1st down: run for 6 yards
    2nd down: stupid play action shitty throw incomplete
    3rd down: Jimmy can’t save you now 
  • Kind of a controversial TD by Williams to take the lead.  My gut says his foot was out of bounds before the ball got there but once the call was made on the field, I didn't think it was going to be overturned.  Jimmy G had his shot to go ahead late (and maybe win the game) but overthrew Sanders.  If that gets caught in stride, Sanders goes in.  But then, you still have KC with the ball and timeouts with about 90 seconds left.

Overall, I'd give the game a solid B for enjoyment.  Glad that Reid got a SB win to get that off his back.  San Fran had opportunities and kind of surprised they didn't really try to grind the game out more in the 4th since their running game was there.  But, San Fran should be set up for the next few years to be very competitive.

• edited February 3
    Loved the Groundhogs Day Jeep commercial.  Absolute genius in my opinion...

Teresa from ConcordDoubleA_Ron
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    God, the amount of pearl-clutching after the halftime show is a bit much. One guy I know on FB just launched into a tirade about how "#MeToo is now bullshit because these women say they don't want to be objectified but then dress and dance like that." And "if these entertainers are going to act like strippers then we'll treat them like strippers." That last one really got to me. It says a whole lot more about him than it does them. Luckily plenty of people jumped in and told him how much of an idiot he was and while he didn't really concede, he at least shut up about it. 
  • The spot for those marvel shows on disneyplus kind of got me hyped.   I wasn't expecting to care about those but wandavision in particular looks like it could be fun
  • Was nice to see Masie Williams getting some of that ad $$$ and having fun.

awookiee