Easy Rider

A surprising blast from the past guys, thank you for another interesting take. You mentioned how the end of the film probably shocked cinema goers in '69. I watched it about 30 years ago with a couple of fellow students and we were all really bummed at the end... We had spent 20 years not having the end spoilt for us and couldn't believe it. A more innocent and much more mysoginistic time (as you and Roger E pointed out). Thanks for the weekly Bald Movies! 
ChinaskiMrX

Comments

• CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    Thanks, @bazjenster!

If anyone else would like to hear the podcast, check it out here: http://baldmove.com/bald-movies/easy-rider-1969/

We also have a video version of the podcast too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX21dVOaB3Q&feature=emb_title

MichelleChinaskibazjenster
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I'm really into the flashback-movie coverage.  More please! :smile:
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    well this was a pleasant surprise!
  • Thanks for this! I was 15 when this came out and my sisters and I wore out the LP we had of the amazing soundtrack! 
    bazjenster
  • Had been thinking about this movie recently after watching Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, definitely need to re-watch. Really enjoyed the discussion!
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I watched this movie for the first time at my pothead aunt and uncle's house when I was in high school. I will never forget my aunt saying "oh, this is my favorite Jack Nicholson movie!" Immediately followed by her going "nhick nhick nhick nhick!"
    Jim
  • Michelle said:
    I'm really into the flashback-movie coverage.  More please! :smile:
    I would love to see the gents take on A Clockwork Orange.  That movie really f’d me up when I watched it back in college (copious amounts of weed may have contributed).  I could only make it halfway through the first time I watched, it was so disturbing.  But I rewatched the next day and really got the genius behind it.
    pollyseeds