McMillions

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I could not disagree with the three of more.  "McMillions" was light, fun and interesting to follow.  I have been around law enforcement officers and there more like Mathews than I thought.  Also, we apparently are going to meet others who were impacted by the scandal.  Think maybe you guys were a little harsh here. 

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited February 8
    I think some of the criticisms were pretty fair, some were overblown. After watching the first episode, I definitely wonder how they will make it six episodes but I have faith.

The one that killed though me was when (I think) Jim said he was "prepared for this in depth, hard hitting investigation akin to something you'd see on The Wire." Why? Why would you think that? The trailers exude the same exact energy as the doc itself.
  • JimJim
    edited February 9
    I don't think I ever watched the trailer and it's an HBO doc. The last few (Leaving Neverland, Going Clear, The Jinx) have all been very serious. And I was talking about the investigation itself, not necessarily the tone of the documentary. You'd expect the FBI to take this stuff a little more serious.
    That's pretty fair to say. That yellow suit was pretty serious business though...
    gguenot
    Episode 2 was night and day better than the first one! Seems like they took it way more serious this week.
    bizmarkiefaderChinaski
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    That second episode was definitely way better, but that one agent continues to drive me insane. The mafia side of this story is infinitely more interesting than these dumbass FBI agents talking about how bored they were with being FBI agents.
    Chinaski
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Watching the first episode on my lunch today. I'm just glad Jane's Addiction got a piece.
    Murderbear
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Episode 2 was night and day better than the first one! Seems like they took it way more serious this week.
    pretty much said exactly what i came here to say.
  • I have to say, I have dealt with the FBI when I worked in DC.  I worked at the Memorials when presidents and politicians come by, Mathews is not all that unique.  They are really bored. 
  • What was the point of all the Fuzzy Bunny stuff? That, and the love triangle between the two Jerrys and Robin just is a waste of time to me. 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Dummy said:
    What was the point of all the Fuzzy Bunny stuff? That, and the love triangle between the two Jerrys and Robin just is a waste of time to me. 
    I think it was to show how much this dude was in the news and liked drawing attention to himself. The love triangle is a waste of time but so is half of this stuff, this would have been a lot better paced as a two hour movie like everyone knew before this came out. We didn't need 30 minutes of "who is the real uncle jerry?!" last episode either.

The lady's story about how she accepted what seemed like a friendly offer that would change her life was rough. Getting stuck in the machinery of the mob being dragged along the process in increasingly uncomfortable ways with no way out, mortgaging your house only to be stuck losing money off the deal anyway between taxes and the new mortgage and the mobsters. Then getting stuck in that interview knowing you're now trapped in the different but equally uninterested in your well-being machine of law enforcement is just brutal.