MLB 2020

Comments

• jluzania said:
    Who misses their former player more, Cards fans and Arozarena or Red Sox fans and Betts?
    Gotta be the Cards fans. Arozarena outperforming Betts for a fraction of the cost and many years of team control left. Nevermind that Alex Verdugo looks like an all star caliber player (2 WAR this year in the short season). 
  • Well I realized tonight I hate the Rays less than I hate the Astros. Hah. :) I'll be rooting for whoever wins in the NL over them. 
  • jluzania said:
    Who misses their former player more, Cards fans and Arozarena or Red Sox fans and Betts?

I can't speak for Cards fans, but as a Sox fan still not over losing Mookie and don't think I ever will be.
  • Great game and series. Dodgers-Rays should be fun.
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Chinaski said:
    man, the Braves pitching this post season has been outstanding. i'm taking them to beat LA. something about them.
    Jobb GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    NoelGiovanni
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Vamos Doyers!
    hahah! that was awesome! Arozarena almost pulled a Daniel Jones! helluva game! go Rays!!
    Peeps
  • Wowwww!
    Peeps
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I hear all the fireworks going off in my neighborhood. It’s been a long time coming.
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Vamos Doyers! My boy Urías held that shit down!
  • Congrats to the Dodgers. This was a great postseason.
  • Damn word came down that Turner tested positive for COVID and they pulled him out of the game on the 7th ... And yet he's out there for the celebration?

Was happy to see Kershaw and Mookie win it though!
    Chinaski
    MrX said:
    Damn word came down that Turner tested positive for COVID and they pulled him out of the game on the 7th ... And yet he's out there for the celebration?
    yeah what a crumby ass jerk!
  • Of course the Dodgers win in the plague year. Was foretold
    cdriveNoel
  • The White Sox hired Tony LaRussa to be the manager.

In 2020.
    GiovanniChinaski
    Peeps said:
    The White Sox hired Tony LaRussa to be the manager.

In 2020.
    when the youngest MLB manager (37-year-old Rocco Baldelli) was born. LaRussa was 38 years old.
    Peeps
  • LaRussa in 2020 is certainly a choice. He's been pretty outspoken about things like the protests (and other fun topics), I can't imagine he's going to have his players backs if they speak their minds but I guess you never know.
    Peeps
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Red Sox rehire Alex Cora.
  • White Sox gonna be a dangerous team 
    PeepsChinaski
    Hatorian said:
    White Sox gonna be a dangerous team 
    yeah they got scary good potential. i mean, if a couple of guys that are 74 and 77 are in the run to 'manage' a first world country. why not a 76 year old to run the White Sox?
    HatorianGiovanni
  • AL MVP Jose Abreu!

So happy for him. He has been on some truly awful teams so to see him thrive now that the team looks to be good again is great.
    Chinaski
  • So what's the appeal with LaRussa? He's old, managed in a completely different era, probably cares nothing about analytics, and isn't someone who would be a good role model for young players (see recent DUI). What am I missing here? 
  • Giovanni said:
    So what's the appeal with LaRussa? He's old, managed in a completely different era, probably cares nothing about analytics, and isn't someone who would be a good role model for young players (see recent DUI). What am I missing here? 
    Nobody really knows.

He's been a great manager throughout his career, but his hiring was so out of left field.

edited November 2020
    Giovanni said:
    So what's the appeal with LaRussa? He's old, managed in a completely different era, probably cares nothing about analytics, and isn't someone who would be a good role model for young players (see recent DUI). What am I missing here? 
    if players that did roids can't get into the HOF, he shouldn't be in as a manager that knew about his players doing em on his watch imo.
  • Kim Ng becomes the first female GM in American pro sports after being named GM of the Marlins.

Good for her and hope she succeeds.

bizmarkiefaderChinaskijluzaniaGiovanniMrXNoel
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Lindor to Mets
    Cory said:
    Lindor to Mets
    wonder if they'll go after Springer next.

side note on the Mets, i just recently learned that their uniform colors are based off the Giants and Dodgers. all these years, never knew that.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Chinaski said:
    Cory said:
    Lindor to Mets
    wonder if they'll go after Springer next.

side note on the Mets, i just recently learned that their uniform colors are based off the Giants and Dodgers. all these years, never knew that.
    Huh, I never knew that either.  The Islanders have had similar colours, so I always assumed it was a low key NY thing, and equated it to them being the orange coloured step-siblings of the Yankees and Mets.

As for Springer, the Mets could use a leadoff hitter/centrefielder, so you never know.

Any Pradre love in Santa Cruz?  They've been making moves this off-season, as well.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Cory said:

Any Pradre love in Santa Cruz?  They've been making moves this off-season, as well.

This place is somehow 100% A's fans. There are more A's fans on this board than I've ever heard call into local radio.
    ChinaskiCoryMichelle
    edited January 8
    Cory said:
    not really. they are almost as far south as you can get in Cali. they've been making some big player moves the last few years and good for them. someone has to keep up with Dodgers in the division (SF sure isn't). i got no beef with the Padres and respect them. maybe because of Tony Gwynn who was one of my favorite players to watch growing up. as a stat nerd he has some doozy fun fact stats, RIP.

This place is somehow 100% A's fans. There are more A's fans on this board than I've ever heard call into local radio.
    haha that's cause they hardly talk about them on local radio. KNBR is full blown Giants and The Game and the A's had an ugly breakup a few years back. only reason they talked about them last year was because they were like the second best team in the AL, and even then it wasn't much.
    Corybizmarkiefader