MLB 2020

18910111214»

Comments

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Chinaski said:
    Cory said:
    Lindor to Mets
    wonder if they'll go after Springer next.

side note on the Mets, i just recently learned that their uniform colors are based off the Giants and Dodgers. all these years, never knew that.
    You mean the NY Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers?  ;)
    Giovanni
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Chinaski said:
    Cory said:
    Lindor to Mets
    wonder if they'll go after Springer next.

side note on the Mets, i just recently learned that their uniform colors are based off the Giants and Dodgers. all these years, never knew that.
    You mean the NY Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers?  ;)
    yup!
  • Liam Hendriks to the White Sox. 

Improving an already strong back-end bullpen.
    ChinaskiMichelle
    Peeps said:
    Liam Hendriks to the White Sox. 

he's badass. great pickup @Peeps.
    Michelle
    wow! big shout out to Card fans! that is one helluva corner duel with Goldschmidt!

Cory
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited January 30
    @Chinaski - we lost an A's icon. :cry:
    The games won't be (or sound) the same without him!

May be an image of text that says The Oakland As are heartbroken to learn that Dick Callahan passed away this morning He lent his warm and welcoming voice to the Oakland faithful as our public address announcer for 15 seasons and more than 1000 games at the Oakland Coliseum We have lost a beloved member of our family who was great friend to all who knew him His passion and love for the As was like no other and his impact will never be forgotten We extend our condolences to Dicks family and friends during this time As

Chinaski
    Peeps said:
    Liam Hendriks to the White Sox. 

Nice, enjoy it.  He's great.
    I hate to see him leave the A's though!
    Michelle said:
    @Chinaski - we lost an A's icon. :cry:
    The games won't be (or sound) the same without him!

May be an image of text that says The Oakland As are heartbroken to learn that Dick Callahan passed away this morning He lent his warm and welcoming voice to the Oakland faithful as our public address announcer for 15 seasons and more than 1000 games at the Oakland Coliseum We have lost a beloved member of our family who was great friend to all who knew him His passion and love for the As was like no other and his impact will never be forgotten We extend our condolences to Dicks family and friends during this time As

awwwww! i had no idea! that's awful news! :'(  i like to think i do a great impression of his beautiful golden voice..
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    awwwww! i had no idea! that's awful news! :'(  i like to think i do a great impression of his beautiful golden voice..
    Record it and post it!  Let's hear it! :grin:
    Chinaski
    edited January 30
    Just catching up with all the trades.  We lost Marcus Semien also?  *sigh*
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    edited January 30
    Chinaski said:
    This has me absolutely pumped!
    He'll never put up the numbers he did in Colorado, but it shouldn't affect his glove or arm.
    Michelle said:
    yeah we let him walk, which is a total bummer. looks like we traded Khris Davis for his replacement (Elvis Andrus) today. Davis was a great clubhouse guy but his production the last 2 years has declined. Andrus didn't have the best season last year but he's former all star and has terrorized the A's for most of his career. so it will be nice not having to face him anymore.
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    yeah we let him walk, which is a total bummer. looks like we traded Khris Davis for his replacement (Elvis Andrus) today. Davis was a great clubhouse guy but his production the last 2 years has declined. Andrus didn't have the best season last year but he's former all star and has terrorized the A's for most of his career. so it will be nice not having to face him anymore.
    Ohhh, having Andrus is going to be interesting.  I have to say, I'm not super upset over losing Davis but I'm very bummed we lost Semien.  He was one of my favs (and super easy to look at, lol :smile: )   Hoping for a great season though!
    Chinaski
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    What the status with "The Matt's" contracts?  They must be close to gaining the finanical freedom that prices them out of Oakland.  I ask this as someone who was an Oakland fan until July 31/August 1, 1997.
    Cory said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    What the status with "The Matt's" contracts?  They must be close to gaining the finanical freedom that prices them out of Oakland.  I ask this as someone who was an Oakland fan until July 31/August 1, 1997.
    last i heard they gave Chappy a raise.

Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    Well-earned, too.  If we ever let him or Matt Olsen go it will be two of the biggest mistakes we’ve ever made, next to letting Cespedes go.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Chinaski said:
    Cory said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:

A 1 year, $6.49M deal, with 2 more years arbitration-eligible.

I'd day gone after 2022.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    edited February 19
    Former Cardinals 3rd basemen Fernando Tatis Sr.'s son just signed a minor extension with the Pads. 

Just a minor one.
    Chinaski
    Cory said:
    Former Cardinals 3rd basemen Fernando Tavis Sr.'s son just signed a minor extension with the Pads. 

Just a minor one.
    not sure what's crazier, the $$ or the 14 years.
    Cory
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Where is San Diego getting their money all of a sudden?

And does he finish that contract in San Diego?
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    In even bigger news, Tim Tebow has retired from baseball.
    i just read this :D

'Mets will still be paying Bobby Bonilla after Fernando Tatis Jr.'s 14-year deal ends'
    CretanBullCory
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Chinaski said:
    i just read this :D

'Mets will still be paying Bobby Bonilla after Fernando Tatis Jr.'s 14-year deal ends'
    Has there ever been a sweeter deal?