Recurring Streamlabs Charge

NBD, but I was just charged a recurring $5.99 charge from Streamlabs— same company that facilitated the Groundhogs Day marathon donation. It’s probably something I accidentally authorized and didn’t realize it but I wasn’t sure if any on else got a charge too. 

Comments

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I’d email support. They guys might not see this on the forums. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Did you pay the extra $ to use a gif when you donated? I'm just wondering if when you do that, it joined you into some kind of monthly charge. Pretty sneaky if that is the case.
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    gguenot said:
    NBD, but I was just charged a recurring $5.99 charge from Streamlabs— same company that facilitated the Groundhogs Day marathon donation. It’s probably something I accidentally authorized and didn’t realize it but I wasn’t sure if any on else got a charge too. 
    I got the same charge and amount as well.  Have you found any new info?  I haven't started digging into it yet. 
  • Did either of you accidentally sign up for streamlabs pro? I remember doing that a few months back and having to go to their website to cancel the service before I was charged. 
  • Looks like we haven't had any donations come in since the 15th so it's not a recurring donation charge. Like others said, it's probably a streamlabs pro sub you got tricked into.
    gguenotA_Ron_Hubbard
  • Yea I remember initially adding a GIF to my donation and it pretty sneakily being a Pro subscription so I removed it to avoid being signed up.
  • Sneaky bastards. I haven’t heard back from them, but I’ll keep following up. 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited March 2
    gguenot said:
    Sneaky bastards. I haven’t heard back from them, but I’ll keep following up. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/86i1ju/streamlabs_charged_me/

See the comment, "It happens so often that you can actually get a refund via their automated system."
    gguenotA_Ron_Hubbardcdrive
  • Real MVP^
    ken halecdrive
  • JaimieT said:
    gguenot said:
    Sneaky bastards. I haven’t heard back from them, but I’ll keep following up. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/86i1ju/streamlabs_charged_me/

See the comment, "It happens so often that you can actually get a refund via their automated system."
    Thanks again Jaimie, I got my refund 
    JaimieTMichelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    gguenot said:
    How drunk *were* you that night? :sweat_smile:
  • Michelle said:
    gguenot said:
    How drunk *were* you that night? :sweat_smile:
    Jesus, I know right?
    Michelle
  • Everyone involved with user experience on that site/group of sites needs to go through ethics training. Preferably right after the seemingly mandatory "How to trap money and design sites to not let anyone ever figure out how to break loose" session so it's more top of mind...
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Everyone involved with user experience on that site/group of sites needs to go through ethics training. Preferably right after the seemingly mandatory "How to trap money and design sites to not let anyone ever figure out how to break loose" session so it's more top of mind...

I'm a UX Designer, and this has a name, interestingly enough. It's a fun name too. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_pattern
    bazjensterFlukesmylifeaskirk