‘The Last of Us’ series in the works at HBO with the creator of British Chernobyl

Comments

• Sounds good to me.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    That game is so cinematic as is. I guess my hope would be that in a longer format they would be able to tell smaller personal stories. Full of flashbacks and everything. That would be pretty dope. 
    gguenot
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I think you're burying the lede with Chernobyl, he also wrote Hangover 2 and 3, Super Hero Movie, and Scary Movie 3 and 4.
    Chinaskiken hale
    I think you're burying the lede with Chernobyl, he also wrote Hangover 2 and 3, Super Hero Movie, and Scary Movie 3 and 4.
    People gotta eat...maybe Chernobyl was the project he’d been dying to do and finally got the chance so he knocked it out of the park. Listening to him on the official podcast...you’d never have guessed he wrote those other movies. He came across as a very thoughtful and intelligent guy who had done some serious homework. 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    People gotta eat...maybe Chernobyl was the project he’d been dying to do and finally got the chance so he knocked it out of the park. Listening to him on the official podcast...you’d never have guessed he wrote those other movies. He came across as a very thoughtful and intelligent guy who had done some serious homework. 

I'm sure there are lots of really talented people on bad projects but it's still funny to me to put "from the guy who wrote Scary Movie 4" in a Last of Us ad

I'm sure there are lots of really talented people on bad projects but it's still funny to me to put "from the guy who wrote Scary Movie 4" in a Last of Us ad
    Oh totally. That’ll never not be funny. I just think when people have shown real chops, despite early crummy work, it’s good to remember that most people get better at the jobs they have over time. 
    Cory
  • JeffreyJeffrey Des Moines

Oh totally. That’ll never not be funny. I just think when people have shown real chops, despite early crummy work, it’s good to remember that most people get better at the jobs they have over time. 
    People get work where they can find it and I suspect once he had success with comedies it made sense to ride that train for a while to set himself up. Now he can pick and choose his projects. 

The attention to detail on "Chernobyl" was so amazing. It's a really testament to Craig and his ability to hire great people, too.
  • I never finished Last of Us, it was just too stressful.  But I'd watch this series, for sure.  Crossing my fingers that Dan Dority (I mean, W. Earl Brown) gets to reprise his role.
  • ken hale said:
    I never finished Last of Us, it was just too stressful.  But I'd watch this series, for sure.  Crossing my fingers that Dan Dority (I mean, W. Earl Brown) gets to reprise his role.
    Dude (non-gender colloquially speaking), you need to finish it.
    chlsea_1905
  • gguenot said:
    ken hale said:
    I never finished Last of Us, it was just too stressful.  But I'd watch this series, for sure.  Crossing my fingers that Dan Dority (I mean, W. Earl Brown) gets to reprise his role.
    Dude (non-gender colloquially speaking), you need to finish it.
    Haha I know, but I literally have to psyche myself up for games like that, and then I get through a bit that nearly gives me a heart attack, don't come back to it for a few months, and forgot all the mechanics so I'm doubly-f'd.
    gguenot
  • “The Last of Us” was by far my favorite video game I’ve ever played from a narrative standpoint. Can’t wait to play the sequel in a couple months when it’s released. When I first heard about this I thought they would bridge the gap between the two games since it’s seems like a few years have passed between games. However, the original story was so good I’m super excited to watch this when it comes out. 
    ken hale